follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #1
anthonyravenfrs

Drives: Raven Frs 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cel gas running to rich

Hi guys, so my car had been running great. I have the ecutek tune and injen CAI. A couple of weeks ago the cel came on and when I took it in they said the gas was running too rich. After trying to see if can get a fix at the dealer they are saying it's cause of the intake. I also talked to the guy who installed my ecutek tune and he says I just need to buy a better intake. Just trying to see if anyone else is having to problem because I did spend about 200 bucks for the CAI to just throw it away and buy a new one? Any recommendations would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthonyravenfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:53 AM   #2
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,462 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Go back to the stock air box. Its been proven time and time again, the stock cold air + drop in filter is all you need.
jflogerzi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
Mad1723 (07-15-2014), Muaddib (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 01:14 AM   #3
edeekeos

Drives: 2014 Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
All the stuff I read about the Injen intakes say it's ..

| OFT & Stg2 e85 Tune | Perrin Intake Tube & High Flow Filter | Perrin Lightweight Crank Pully |
| Tomei UEL Header/Overpipe | HFC/Perrin Catback | Tom's Tails | Enkei RPF1's | RS*R SuperDowns |
edeekeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:55 AM   #4
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyravenfrs View Post
Hi guys, so my car had been running great. I have the ecutek tune and injen CAI. A couple of weeks ago the cel came on and when I took it in they said the gas was running too rich. After trying to see if can get a fix at the dealer they are saying it's cause of the intake. I also talked to the guy who installed my ecutek tune and he says I just need to buy a better intake. Just trying to see if anyone else is having to problem because I did spend about 200 bucks for the CAI to just throw it away and buy a new one? Any recommendations would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stock intake is good for NA applications. If it was running fine with Injen intake and tune hopefully they have rescaled MAF sensor for Injen intake.

some intakes possibly injen introduce turbulance around the MAF sensor (the stock intake has an air straightner before MAF sensor to smooth air flow over MAF sensor most aftermarket intakes don't) and they often position the MAF sensor differently sometimes too close to throttle body which again may cause turbulance and hence problems.

Check for leaks at MAF sensor especially the o ring type seal and that their are no vacuum leaks where it attaches to throttle body. If its an oiled filter you may have over oiled it and have oil on maf sensor, clean it with MAF cleaner

If you revert to stock intake you will likely need to recale MAF again for stock intake.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgu...tart=0&ndsp=20

steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote