follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-28-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
pwells

Drives: Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Unichip stock map to avoid CELs

Hi,

I have a unichip on my BRZ, but it's giving me a few problems with CELs at idle (ie. after long trips, stuck in traffic etc.). I'm assuming this is because it's tuned for American cars and weather etc (I assume this is to be expected, but if not let me know - code is maf voltage low).

As I don't really need the car to be more powerful for daily driving I was wondering if there was a stock map that I could run every day which does not affect the ECU at all, and the switch to the performance maps for track days.

Does anybody know if this is possible, if so where would I find such a map? (I looked in the unichiptuner database, but could not find one). If not, which map would be closest to stock?

Thanks.
pwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
Apoc

Drives: Raven FR-S 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
If you are getting CELs and want to go to a stock map that doesn't affect the ECU, I would just un-install. I wouldn't expect unichip to have a stock map since it doesn't flash the ECU only changes signals to and from it. I wouldn't think tuning for weather variation would be a factor since weather extremes in America are similar if not greater than in Aus. It wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure the CELs aren't a more serious problem with your MAF sensor.

Last edited by Apoc; 12-28-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #3
tbertran

Drives: Subaru BRZ (6027xx) Premium Manual
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Did you get in touch with the Unichip folks? They seem to be very helpful.

There is a stock map in the DB but it's not the straight "pass through" the way you want it, just a map optimized for cars with no bolted-on parts (probably as close as you'll get, though).
FT86SpeedFactory catted UEL Header / GReddy EVO3 Catback / Cosworth Drop-in air filter / Shifteck short throw shifter / Kartboy pulley / Rear bumper diffuser / Perrin shorty antenna / Raceseng Slammer knob / Carsmo armrest / Clear side markers / 10" CustomSubEnclosure|Rockford R500X1D|Rockford P3D4-10 / Perrin Inlet Hose / GrimmSpeed front strut bar / Valentine V1 with BlendMount / All LED Inside
tbertran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #4
pwells

Drives: Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I've unplugged it for now, but it would be simpler if I could just flick a switch when I'm at the track - saves me fiddling with a hot engine and burning myself, but if that's the only option...

I'll keep an eye on the MAF now that it's reverted to stock, but the CELs only occur in ~40+°C (~105+°F) days when idling for extended periods (ie. stuck in traffic) so I figured it was just the heat.

Also I should mention, I have the Perrin CAI and inlet and am running the '92 Perrin CAI + Timing ~ Fuel ~' map, using 98RON fuel (about the same as 92 octane).
pwells is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cel, stock map, tuning, unichapped, unichip