follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-17-2018, 07:05 AM   #43
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,067 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
a01g works good yes, a02g not fixed yet
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:57 PM   #44
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
a01g works good yes, a02g not fixed yet
I reverted back to A01G some time ago. I had a few issues with the A02G, I've found the 01 to be more stable. I don't see much point in running the latter file as there is no proven reason for the "upgrade".

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:58 PM   #45
tomm.brz

i don t remember well too, i think i found a02g to have more tables defined about ignition timing idle correction errors , but well not so important like you said
Old 10-17-2018, 08:59 PM   #46
QTR FMS

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
There is a ecutek bug in some roms for example in A02G when racerom v10 is installed, fu el system status will show 0 no matter what

ltft at 0 i guess he zeroed out the 2 long term min max, stft at 0 is strange maybe he zeroed the 2 af #1 correction min/max

im running open loop i have disables long and short fuel trim to get my maf and injector dial as close as possible, i dont like the idea of using fuel trim to tune the engine as fuel trim can be different from one day to another (same thing in open loop but i would be able to see things better)

Edit: i tried zeroing af correction #1 but that made my short fuel trim -50% at idle , what i did is

fuel trim long minimum maximum to zero
af correction #3 to zero
closed loop max speed -5
closed loop minimum coolant 250

i saw a post in this forum that says we need to set all fuel target to 14.6 instead of 14.7

so we can use:

minimum open loop afr value at 14.7
closed loop to open loop delay zeroed
lean closed loop 1 2 is 14.6

Last edited by QTR FMS; 10-17-2018 at 10:41 PM.
QTR FMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:32 AM   #47
tomm.brz

i, or steve, wrote that post. That a true if u set 14
7 (and not 14.6, that re enables ltft) in thw closed loop afr map you get LTFT disabled in closed loop
to make STFT you need to set the af#1.corrections to 1, not 0

you can t simply disable STFt and go along with only open loop
you either keep stft enable and only ltft disabled both closed and open loop, or you keep CL fuel control of racerom v10 constantly activated, already from 0.05 of engine load

you need constant instant corrections in low rpm low load due to temperature changing all the time

and as Tor said , you really need that maf scaled properly
Old 10-18-2018, 04:40 AM   #48
QTR FMS

Quote:
i, or steve, wrote that post. That a true if u set 14
7 (and not 14.6, that re enables ltft) in thw closed loop afr map you get LTFT disabled in closed loop
to make STFT you need to set the af#1.corrections to 1, not 0

you can t simply disable STFt and go along with only open loop
you either keep stft enable and only ltft disabled both closed and open loop, or you keep CL fuel control of racerom v10 constantly activated, already from 0.05 of engine load

you need constant instant corrections in low rpm low load due to temperature changing all the time

and as Tor said , you really need that maf scaled properly

im not sure what you mean by i simply cant disable both? you mean permanently? im just disabling both of them to scale maf and turn them back on both,or is there a software related issue with them both off

even if you mean permanently im not sure if most people realize most old cars with fuel injection used open loop with speed density some even didnt have air intake temp sensor and they worked fine in every weather and altitute, its only because of california smog cars started to have o2 sensors and then maf its mostly emission related issue than reliability
Old 10-18-2018, 05:12 AM   #49
tomm.brz

i thought you wanna turn your car back in those years, it s fine if you turn them back
personally I keep disabled LTFT all the time and use racerom v10 closed loop fueling on open loop

going back to your tune why do you have PI 100% during high load? that will max out PI as already said, keep PI max 20%and scale maf using both injections

as you may have noticed, using only PI makes lambda measuring leaner than DI only, i have tried fixing that reducing Port Injector scaling down by few units
Old 10-18-2018, 05:46 AM   #50
QTR FMS

Quote:
i thought you wanna turn your car back in those years, it s fine if you turn them back
personally I keep disabled LTFT all the time and use racerom v10 closed loop fueling on open loop

going back to your tune why do you have PI 100% during high load? that will max out PI as already said, keep PI max 20%and scale maf using both injections

as you may have noticed, using only PI makes lambda measuring leaner than DI only, i have tried fixing that reducing Port Injector scaling down by few units

the reason i wanted to try 100%pi i wanted to make sure both pi and di deliver the same amount of fuel ratio, but since i might be maxing out pi this defeat the purpose, with the stock ratio im still leaning out exactly the same as pi only which is why i wanted to make sure my pi is scaled correctly, right now im gonna try a revision tune from delicious tuning im gonna send zach couple of datalog and see if he can findout the issue.

and why do you prefer to keep the short fuel trim over long fuel trim, in my experience atleast with cammed v8 short fuel trim only is unreliable, long fuel trim is alot better in my experience.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:09 AM   #51
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QTR FMS View Post
the reason i wanted to try 100%pi i wanted to make sure both pi and di deliver the same amount of fuel ratio, but since i might be maxing out pi this defeat the purpose, with the stock ratio im still leaning out exactly the same as pi only which is why i wanted to make sure my pi is scaled correctly, right now im gonna try a revision tune from delicious tuning im gonna send zach couple of datalog and see if he can findout the issue.

and why do you prefer to keep the short fuel trim over long fuel trim, in my experience atleast with cammed v8 short fuel trim only is unreliable, long fuel trim is alot better in my experience.

With subaru ecu ( not with added ecutek closed loop. ) The ecu corrects fueling errors with stft this is then averaged in several flow bands to produce a ltft for each flow band. stft is the average over time of ltft you cannot have ltft without stft as ltft is the product of stft.

steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:09 AM   #52
tomm.brz

because i dont need ltft being applied in open loop, i have ecutek taking care of the afr with racerom v10

ltft in closed loop, is just the average of stft, probably wouldn t change a lot to keep it enabled , but it seems to me that scaling the maf to minimize error and keep stft swinging at no more than +-15% makes the car run smoother

to match di and pi at high loads, you have to make Port injector scaling to about 218cc instead of 228, i like to keep 224, it seems car tends to run quite richer than it should at lower loads with so low of a value
Old 10-18-2018, 08:47 AM   #53
Tor

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
I can't confirm but I would expect the OEM PIs to max out before hitting the upper RPM. It's not fuel cut but lack of fueling capacity.
Yes, James confirmed that a long time ago in the old MAF scaling thread.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your car @QTR FMS. You are just coming off a wrong path and you try to fix an unsuccessful MAF scaling by messing with the injectors and making it worse.

There is no need to disable fuel trims for MAF scaling. You just need to include the trims in the fuel error calculations.

Sounds to me that you are a bit in over your head. Take a lot of steps back, do some reading up and start over.
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tor For This Useful Post:
tomm.brz (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #54
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
i don t remember well too, i think i found a02g to have more tables defined about ignition timing idle correction errors , but well not so important like you said
Shouldn't do. The A01G and A02G have all the tables located in the same locations. I can't confirm but there would certainly be nothing of value in the A02G that's not defined in the A01G (IMO).
Quote:
im not sure what you mean by i simply cant disable both? you mean permanently? im just disabling both of them to scale maf and turn them back on both,or is there a software related issue with them both off
You can turn off STFT. The easiest way would be to change the Minimum OL Fuel Value or set the main fuel map to less than 14.0. That way you don't fudge around with all the other tables. However I see no point in disabling STFT or LTFT for MAF scaling as you can use these in the tools on here to aid you.
Quote:
the reason i wanted to try 100%pi i wanted to make sure both pi and di deliver the same amount of fuel ratio, but since i might be maxing out pi this defeat the purpose
Just be aware that when you do this that the DI fuel pressures are different between 100% DI and 100% PI. This will result in different fueling from the DI when you command various PI ratios. If you haven't changed the injectors at all then really there is no need to do any balancing. It's just one extra step that is going to cause you issues. The easiest way to check if there is much of a discrepancy is to vary the DIs by 10-20% and see if there is a big change. If not then it's OK but I would do this at a a later stage and not a primary investigation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Sounds to me that you are a bit in over your head. Take a lot of steps back, do some reading up and start over.
This

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:17 PM   #55
QTR FMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Yes, James confirmed that a long time ago in the old MAF scaling thread.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your car @QTR FMS. You are just coming off a wrong path and you try to fix an unsuccessful MAF scaling by messing with the injectors and making it worse.

There is no need to disable fuel trims for MAF scaling. You just need to include the trims in the fuel error calculations.

its impossible to scale maf without increasing engine load and that is my issue
Old 10-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #56
QTR FMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
You can turn off STFT. The easiest way would be to change the Minimum OL Fuel Value or set the main fuel map to less than 14.0. That way you don't fudge around with all the other tables. However I see no point in disabling STFT or LTFT for MAF scaling as you can use these in the tools on here to aid you.

its just doesnt make any sense to use any tool to adjust the maf,
i learned to tune from hpacademy and there method is to scale it manually making a log and checking the afr eror and making scaling maf by percentage if the engine need 2% more at 3.5v i will make the change all the way to 5v and adjust below 3.5v to maintain the curve and it works why make it more complicated with excel sheet