follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Mango22
Winter is Coming

Drives: GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
About to buy my BRZ then suddenly...

I get a call from my sales guy that my BRZ has arrived and is ready to pick up. Everything looks good, I test drive the car and go through my pick up check list and sit down to sign all the paperwork, then the sales mgr comes over and says don't sign for it just yet. He looks at me in pain and says we need to go look at the car before we go any further with the paperwork...anyhow, we walk to the service bay where he explains that the service guy was taking off the window sticker and cleaning the window from the inside of the car, when he tried to get out of the car he lost his balance and fell against my car, just left of the passenger door, and he unintentionly braced himself with the spray can he was holding. So we get to the car and there are two pretty deep dents in the side rear quarter panel, up on the rounded curvry part of the rear quarterpanel. No paint chips or scratches, just these two dents. Seemed odd but they showed me the spray can he was holding and it fit the top and bottom rims of the can perfectly. Anyhow, I told them if they can get the dents popped out without having to repaint or fill those areas, I'd consider going through with the sale, after a serious post-inspection. Its funny, I asked them not to wash or detail the car so I would avoid any chance of this kind of thing happening, but I did ask that they take the window sticker and glue off the window since I would be driving home with the windows down and didn't want the window sticker shredding in the door panel. Anyhow, I actually laughed when I saw the dents because it was inevitable that my car got scarred before I took ownership of it. I made a joke and said now I don't have to worry about my first door ding, even though these were quite a bit deeper and higher on the car. Anyhow he said they'll see what they can do and get back to me. I patiently wait. My poor BRZ...

Thanks for letting me vent..

UPDATE: they contacted me and said they can fix the dents so I'll just have to wait and see what the finished product looks like. I'm kind of hesitant at this point, considering the future possibility of the paint cracking in the areas they pushed the dents out. These were pretty deep dents. Ugh... I hate these types of situations. More later...

Update: 8-30-12 6pm
So, I bought the car. The dealership did a good job of popping the dents out. For my trouble they threw in a decent perk in, which I will use later. Visually the car just takes my breath away. I'll post pics a little later. Finally after 5 month of waiting, I finally have my car; even if she is a victim of physical abuse. Lol...pics on the way.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mango22; 09-01-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Mango22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mango22 For This Useful Post:
Guff (08-31-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
GregV

Drives: Kia Stinger GT2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry to hear about the mishap, hopefully they can pop them out. Good luck!
GregV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
trifenix

Drives: Toyota Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oh murphy...
trifenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
man wtf
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Oh man, that just sucks but at least you kept a good attitude about it and didn't fume and huff and puff. To the guy that dented the car: WHAT A EEDIOT!!! I'm sure Dent Wizard or whoever can fix it, if not, get another one!

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
That sucks, but at least the dealership gave you an option, plus it was better for it to happen before you take ownership of it. I hope everything works out.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
Ben_G

Drives: Blue BRZ
Which dealership was this at?
Ben_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
(K)
They call me..."Ken"...

Drives: '04 Accord V6 MT
and then they sold the car to you for a less than MSRP and threw in some floor mats for good measure.

That's how the story ends. *hint hint*
(K) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Drives: '18 MX-5 Club
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
That really sucks.
Sigh-on-Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
Mango22
Winter is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
and then they sold the car to you for a less than MSRP and threw in some floor mats for good measure.

That's how the story ends. *hint hint*
Surprisingly New floor mats were already in the trunk so I'm assuming they come with the car. If they are able fix the car hopefully they will throw in some sort of perk, for me keeping a good disposition about the whole thing. :-)

I did tell them no joy rides while they have my car...well it's not my car yet. Lol
Old 08-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
ERZperformance

Drives: Nissan GTR 2010
Accident happen. I would whether wait for them to order another one. Unless they can fix the dent and drop the price a bit or throw in some extra optional stuff?!
ERZperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #12
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
That sucks. Hey at least they didn't try to get out of fixing it or blaming it on you. I'd ask for some free accessories for all the trouble.

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss
S2kphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
Mango22
Winter is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
Which dealership was this at?
Normally I wouldnt mind saying but they have been really great with working with me on my original order. And I don't want to ruin any rapport with them in case I take delivery on the car in the end. The accident was unintentional and truthfully the poor guy that was getting out of the car was a much older guy (grey hair, etc) so I'm guessing he wasn't used to getting out of such a low sitting car. I'm in my mid 40s and it is kind of hard for me to get up and out of this car since there's nothing to brace or balance yourself on.
The dealership has been great though. But, if I don't take delivery of the car, I will post the name of the dealership so no one on this forum buys that BRZ without knowing this history. At least they can inspect the car and make their decision with the full history. I would assume the dealership would have to tell the potential buyer since there is a VA law that states any repairs over (I think it's $600 or $700) on an new untitled car, the repair history has to be presented to the buyer before they take ownership on the vehicle. If they don't inform the customer and down the road something comes up that reveals this repair was done prior to purchase, then the buyer can sue the dealership. There is a cap on the amount you can sue for though. Sadly I know about this because I once had to go through this a long time ago... The laws may have changed since then so who knows.

If my info is not correct please respond with the correct info on the current law.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
brz7400

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Sounds like good people at the dealership and you are quite easy going too.
I don't know what I would do if it was me, I am pretty easy going too but perhaps some discount after they pop out the dents?
I would be more worried if the contents of that spray got on the paint rather than the dents that will be popped out...
brz7400 is offline   Reply With Quote