follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds > Exterior Parts - Lighting

View the official forum sponsors list

User Tag List

Old 01-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #43
JohnnyP

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion Fr-S
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosick View Post
I actually think that thats my problem with my button. It is all the way in because it clicked in and i can see my tabs but i think thats whats causing my problem the button isnt coming out all the way so its like stuck in between if u know what i mean
I think I understand, I would just make sure the button is aligned correctly and tabs are snapped in all the way around. Worse case scenario, remove it and re-install it to see if that helps. I hope things work out. If not then the button case may have some manufacturing flaw. My experience with Winjet when I called last week was very positive. Give Phastek or Winjet a call if need be. I dont know if this will help, but I personally leave the button applied most of the time since my power source isn't constant, when my ignition is off so are the fogs.
JohnnyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #44
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Drives: sick ass ultramarine frs
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
I think I understand, I would just make sure the button is aligned correctly and tabs are snapped in all the way around. Worse case scenario, remove it and re-install it to see if that helps. I hope things work out. If not then the button case may have some manufacturing flaw. My experience with Winjet when I called last week was very positive. Give Phastek or Winjet a call if need be. I dont know if this will help, but I personally leave the button applied most of the time since my power source isn't constant, when my ignition is off so are the fogs.
Yea mine is connected to a 12v on acc. I reinstalled it lots of times lol. I let phastek know. They got good communication. How did ur bezels fit?
sosick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:48 AM   #45
JohnnyP

Quote:
Yea mine is connected to a 12v on acc. I reinstalled it lots of times lol. I let phastek know. They got good communication. How did ur bezels fit?
My bezels fit great. I was actually surprised how well they fit. I was reluctant after all of the horror stories with the different carbon fiber bezels, but I'm glad I took a chance on these. I think it's important to remember when pointing out some smaller flaws (like the fog light switch logo being cut off) the great value of this kit (it's what, less than a third the price of the TRD kit). My only suggestion for Winjet would be some basic installation instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyP For This Useful Post:
sosick (01-21-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #46
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
My bezels fit great. I was actually surprised how well they fit. I was reluctant after all of the horror stories with the different carbon fiber bezels, but I'm glad I took a chance on these. I think it's important to remember when pointing out some smaller flaws (like the fog light switch logo being cut off) the great value of this kit (it's what, less than a third the price of the TRD kit). My only suggestion for Winjet would be some basic installation instructions.
Im not really complaining i think its a great deal for 109 i guess u can call it just things that i noticed/backfeed. Install wasnt too bad. Did u remove ur bumper also?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #47
JohnnyP

Quote:
Im not really complaining i think its a great deal for 109 i guess u can call it just things that i noticed/backfeed. Install wasnt too bad. Did u remove ur bumper also?
No, actually I didn't remove the bumper. I considered it but ended up taking the plastic skid plate off right underneath the bumber and had enough room to run the wire harness and position the fogs from there. I will admit that taking the bumper off would have made some parts much easier, but I don't think its necessary. The toughest part for me was routing the harness back up the front bumper on the driver side behind the headlight. There isn't a whole lot of extra room there so I had to press the fender liner back a little bit to make room to feed the wire harness through.

And I agree on noticing some details that could have made this kit untouchable that were overlooked. Im sorry if it came across as me saying you were complaining. My goal is to clearly state what this kit is, and what it isn't so everyone feels comfortable purchasing these if they cant inspect them in person first. The details that don't bother me may be a deal breaker to others , and that's ok.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #48
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Garage
Yea. The harness is the reason y i removed the bumper my car is too low for me to work on the ground. And winters in wisconsin suck! I wanted the cleanest wire look possible. I wanted to work on my car today but 0* weather
Old 01-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #49
sosick
fastest frs in sbg

Garage

Switch installed. Had problems with it returning all the way forward but it worked fine today so i hope it stays that way.

Had to cut that nipple to run my wire through.

Took my bumper off to run the harness cleaner.

Triple checked that all the tabs in place but still loose. I can pull on the bottom in the front and it will pull out.

With the bumper off lights on.

Bumper on lights off.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #50
PhastekSport

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to PhastekSport Send a message via Yahoo to PhastekSport
I've had issues with the longer tabs on the stock bezels. I wonder if they're not clipping in correctly. I think a couple of times I had to use pliers to get them to mount properly. Keep in mind that is on stock bezels.

As far as the switch, just keep me updated, and I'll break a new kit and give you that switch if I have to.

Thanks.
PhastekSport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhastekSport For This Useful Post:
JohnnyP (01-21-2014), sosick (01-21-2014)
Old 01-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #51
ScionFR-S

Drives: Raven Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@Phastek View Post
I've had issues with the longer tabs on the stock bezels. I wonder if they're not clipping in correctly. I think a couple of times I had to use pliers to get them to mount properly. Keep in mind that is on stock bezels.

As far as the switch, just keep me updated, and I'll break a new kit and give you that switch if I have to.

Thanks.
can I buy just the gloss black bezel ?
"To make it in America you need three things, a smile, a gun, and a plan. If you need to give up one thing, give up the smile. If you need to give something else up, lose the gun. But never, ever, give up your plan."

ScionFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #52
Takumi788
JHerbert Racing

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Thanked 1,186 Times in 593 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Could i order the it with the stock textured bezels (not gloss black)?
- #813 2013 Scion FRS Build Thread
- JHerbert Racing Website
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #53
PhastekSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScionFR-S View Post
can I buy just the gloss black bezel ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
Could i order the it with the stock textured bezels (not gloss black)?
Unfortunately none of the pieces in the kit can be purchased individually through the website. This is because we cannot order the parts through Winjet invididually.

Since both of you posted here, if we create a custom invoice I can fulfill both requests.

Please send the e-mail address to your Phastek Sport account. If you have not created one, I will need e-mail, full name, billing address / shipping address, and phone number.

I will personally try to handle as many custom requests as possible.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #54
ScionFR-S

Drives: Raven Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@Phastek View Post
Unfortunately none of the pieces in the kit can be purchased individually through the website. This is because we cannot order the parts through Winjet invididually.

Since both of you posted here, if we create a custom invoice I can fulfill both requests.

Please send the e-mail address to your Phastek Sport account. If you have not created one, I will need e-mail, full name, billing address / shipping address, and phone number.

I will personally try to handle as many custom requests as possible.
i appreciate it chris but i already went ahead and spray painted my bezels gloss black and it looks just as good haha
"To make it in America you need three things, a smile, a gun, and a plan. If you need to give up one thing, give up the smile. If you need to give something else up, lose the gun. But never, ever, give up your plan."

ScionFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:45 AM   #55
nbafandan
Phantom

Drives: Whiteout MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
can someone who didn't remove their bumper tell me how they ran the harness from passanger to driver?
nbafandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #56
PhastekSport

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1391113375137.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  59.3 KB

This is the hardware for securing the housings. If you have already placed your order and require this please shoot me a PM with your name.

I know some of you already used JDM zip ties.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Tags
fog light, fog light kit, frs