follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 10-10-2015, 10:27 PM   #393
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Best Outside The Box tunes. Finally Low-End torque!

Power, and Economy. Here are tunes for A00D, A01D, B01D, and D01D CAL ID's. Try Versions 2 and 3 and let me know which one you like better. Either tune will give great mileage and smooth, strong, power. This is so smooth it seems like it should be how the car should run straight off the showroom floor. This runs great with or without the ESC on. I might have to dial back my throttle map, since the trans is shifting too soon now. Here are pics of the OFT OTS ESC tunes' Exhaust map, versus my Best OTB V2 Exhaust map, and some zipped folders with the tunes and a PROcede map.
Attached Images

Last edited by KoolBRZ; 01-03-2016 at 05:58 PM.
KoolBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:18 AM   #394
keen as

Drives: 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
Power, and Economy. Here are tunes for A00D, A01D, B01D, and D01D CAL ID's. Try Versions 2 and 3 and let me know which one you like better. Either tune will give great mileage and smooth, strong, power. This is so smooth it seems like it should be how the car should run straight off the showroom floor. This runs great with or without the ESC on. I might have to dial back my throttle map, since the trans is shifting too soon now. Here are pics of the OFT OTS ESC tunes' Exhaust map, versus my Best OTB V2 Exhaust map, and some zipped folders with the tunes and a PROcede map.
Are you able to make a tune for Australia, A01G?

The specific problem we are having is that OFT is not supporting our ROMs for the ESC. Trying to develop our own tune, there is a problem running very lean between 2-3k rpm at full 4psi boost.
keen as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #395
KoolBRZ

Garage
ESC tune for A01G 98RON and E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen as View Post
Are you able to make a tune for Australia, A01G?

The specific problem we are having is that OFT is not supporting our ROMs for the ESC. Trying to develop our own tune, there is a problem running very lean between 2-3k rpm at full 4psi boost.
First of all, you shouldn't use full boost between 2 and 3000 RPM's. However, my changes to the AVCS tables will handle more boost than the OTS OFT ESC tunes' tables.
How familiar are you with Romraider? What needs to be done is this. Start with @Wayno's A01G download. It has 98 RON and E85 tunes in it. Add @Wayno's definition file to RR. Open @Wayno's A01G tune, 98 or E85, then open the RR definition manager and load an ESC definition for something like A01C. then open an ESC A01C tune. Do a tune compare, comparing @Wayno's tune with the ESC tune. Add the ESC changes to @Wayno's tune. Click on the @Wayno tunes' name on the left, to make sure it is the active tune, the name at the top should change to @Wayno's A01G tune. Save it as a new file in a new folder. This should give you an ESC tune for A01G. You can do the same for both 98 RON and E85. Finally, copy my AVCS tables from one of the tunes I have posted.

@steve99 has a very useful thread here http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...54&postcount=1 for learning RomRaider use.

@Wayno has useful downloads and info here for the A01G, as well as other ROM's. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...73&postcount=1

I have learned a lot from both of these members, as well as @Td-d, who I consider the most knowledgeable member when it comes to these ECU's.
Gums (10-12-2015), keen as (10-11-2015), ShadowTS (10-13-2015)
Old 10-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #396
KoolBRZ

Garage
@LucidMomentum get that beer ready! A00D, A01D, B01D, and D00D tunes attached.

@LucidMomentum, if this runs in your car like it runs in mine, you're going to have a great big smile on your face, and you're going to owe me that beer. For this Ultimate tune I questioned both the Intake and the Exhaust parameters of the AVCS tables. I've been working on the Exhaust because I thought I had the Intake as good as it could get. I questioned that and got even more power from the top end of the Intake table. I know some of you want to see dyno runs, but that doesn't show the other 99% of the tune. It only shows the full throttle side of the tables, the other 99% isn't used or shown on dyno runs. That other 99% is what I've been working on. I finally have a tune that is too powerful to use in the Automatic mode of my Transmission. I have to use manual mode, or Sport/Automatic mode to handle the extra power. But, enough about my tunes. Try these tunes and tell me what you think. I have the PLM/Nameless knockoff long-tube header, so my tunes won't run the same on my car as they will in others. That's why I ask for feedback, so I can find out what kind of changes are needed for other headers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
BBDGriptonia (10-16-2015), DAEMANO (10-16-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 05:47 PM   #397
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
@KoolBRZ

Just wanted to say thank for the continued development of your tunes and maps. Really awesome work. If you ever get around to 6MT versions for A01C I'd love to check them out!
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Gums (10-16-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 05:59 PM   #398
WRB5titch

Drives: WRBrz
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
@KoolBRZ

If you ever get around to 6MT versions for A01C I'd love to check them out!
Thiissssss
DAEMANO (10-16-2015), FingR-S (10-16-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 10:09 PM   #399
PantsDants

Drives: Scion FR-S A/T, Whiteout
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Just a friendly reminder for Procede users: Periodically check that your throttle calibration in the user software is still accurate. For some reason or another mine got stuck between 20-80% and wouldn't go higher or lower than those bounds.

Instructions here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=681244
PantsDants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PantsDants For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (10-17-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 12:04 AM   #400
KoolBRZ

Garage
One A01C tune, as requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
@KoolBRZ

Just wanted to say thank for the continued development of your tunes and maps. Really awesome work. If you ever get around to 6MT versions for A01C I'd love to check them out!
Attached is a new tune for the A01C ECU's. I started with @Wayno's definition file for A01C, then used it to open OFT's latest ESC 91 Octane A01C tune in RomRaider. Then I opened my latest A00D Ultimate tune and compared the A01C image to the A00D image. Then I copied the differences from A00D to A01C. Here is the product of my efforts. Use at your own risk.

I've learned that there are some ECU coding differences that can't just be copied over when trying to copy from a US ECU to a foreign ECU, so I'm going to be avoiding that. Since you're in the US, I have obliged. There were a few tables that I left uncopied, since they didn't translate well. This is also an AT copied to a MT tune. Try this tune with the ESC turned off first. If it runs all right then stop and turn it on. Let it idle for at least 30 seconds after you turn the ESC back on. Monitor your Engine Load, LTFT, and STFT. It should show between .40 and .60 load at cruising speed. LTFT and STFT should be under 5 plus or minus. I actually tried a MT requested torque B table, instead of an AT, and it ran really boring. Let me know if this tune is exciting or boring.

The Following User Says Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (10-17-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 07:44 AM   #401
keen as

Yes, I also found out that you can't copy a US ROM to Australian. There are probably undefined tables in the Australian ROM.

I am VERY DISAPPOINTED that Shiv and Openflash tablet are not supporting Aussies for an ESC tune. Over the past 3 months I have already asked Shiv 9 times on the ft86club private messages and 4 times on the direct email. Shiv replied once at the end of July on ft86club and stated he would help. However, it hasn't happened.

THIS IS VERY BAD SUPPORT.

While I'm whinging, I get this fail safe after 5 or 6 pulls, totalling around 45secs
--------------24.X – 28.X volts. Throttle switch activated but no boost. Thermal motor control protection. * Resets in 2-10 seconds *let unit recharge and cool.-------------

Anyone else get this so easily? Has anyone put cooling on the electric motor?
The Following User Says Thank You to keen as For This Useful Post:
Kellhound (10-21-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 10:31 AM   #402
KoolBRZ

Garage
It's Open Source, that's why

Quote:
Yes, I also found out that you can't copy a US ROM to Australian. There are probably undefined tables in the Australian ROM.

I am VERY DISAPPOINTED that Shiv and Openflash tablet are not supporting Aussies for an ESC tune. Over the past 3 months I have already asked Shiv 9 times on the ft86club private messages and 4 times on the direct email. Shiv replied once at the end of July on ft86club and stated he would help. However, it hasn't happened.

THIS IS VERY BAD SUPPORT.

While I'm whinging, I get this fail safe after 5 or 6 pulls, totalling around 45secs
--------------24.X – 28.X volts. Throttle switch activated but no boost. Thermal motor control protection. * Resets in 2-10 seconds *let unit recharge and cool.-------------

Anyone else get this so easily? Has anyone put cooling on the electric motor?
Has anyone asked @Wayno if he'd like to try making an OFT ESC tune for Australian AT's and MT's? If he says yes, ship your ESC to him and wait. The other option is to open a similar tune in RR and type your changes by hand into each table.
The overheating issue isn't the motor, it's the controller. Duct in some cold air from the front, with a computer fan supplying air when you're not moving. What CAL ID is your ECU? While you're working on the over-heating issue I can work on your tune.

Last edited by KoolBRZ; 10-18-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:45 PM   #403
keen as

Quote:
Has anyone asked @Wayno if he'd like to try making an OFT tune for Australian AT's and MT's? If he says yes, ship your ESC to him and wait. The other option is to open a similar tune in RR and type your changes by hand into each table.
The overheating issue isn't the motor, it's the controller. Duct in some cold air from the front, with a computer fan supplying air when you're not moving. What CAL ID is your ECU? While you're working on the over-heating issue I can work on your tune.

Thanks for your suggestions and offer of help.

At this stage I am not going to ask Wayno because I want to try a local person that has experience with FI and OFT.

my ROM etc http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=395

I think if you make me a tune file, it will also have problems due to some tables in the Aussie ROMs not defined.

Also my symptoms match the thermal motor control protection and I get ZERO boost for a few seconds until it resets.

This is different to Thermal battery de-rate (controller protection). "Boost can be use but is slightly reduced. *Resets 5-20mins depending on engine bay temps."

Last edited by keen as; 10-18-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #404
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Attached is a new tune for the A01C ECU's. I started with @Wayno's definition file for A01C, then used it to open OFT's latest ESC 91 Octane A01C tune in RomRaider. Then I opened my latest A00D Ultimate tune and compared the A01C image to the A00D image. Then I copied the differences from A00D to A01C. Here is the product of my efforts. Use at your own risk.

I've learned that there are some ECU coding differences that can't just be copied over when trying to copy from a US ECU to a foreign ECU, so I'm going to be avoiding that. Since you're in the US, I have obliged. There were a few tables that I left uncopied, since they didn't translate well. This is also an AT copied to a MT tune. Try this tune with the ESC turned off first. If it runs all right then stop and turn it on. Let it idle for at least 30 seconds after you turn the ESC back on. Monitor your Engine Load, LTFT, and STFT. It should show between .40 and .60 load at cruising speed. LTFT and STFT should be under 5 plus or minus. I actually tried a MT requested torque B table, instead of an AT, and it ran really boring. Let me know if this tune is exciting or boring.
Still emptying the e85 from my tank. Will put this in as soon as I can
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:10 PM   #405
KoolBRZ

Garage
Your ROM is defined, By wayno

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestions and offer of help.

At this stage I am not going to ask Wayno because I want to try a local person that has experience with FI and OFT.

my ROM etc http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=395

I think if you make me a tune file, it will also have problems due to some tables in the Aussie ROMs not defined.

Also my symptoms match the thermal motor control protection and I get ZERO boost for a few seconds until it resets.

This is different to Thermal battery de-rate (controller protection). "Boost can be use but is slightly reduced. *Resets 5-20mins depending on engine bay temps."

@Wayno has a definition file for your ROM, so your Australian tables will be defined. The trick is to copy the changes from an American ESC tune. I think that by comparing the OFT OTS stage 2 B01C tune to the OFT ESC stage 2 B01C tune, record which tables are changed, then change the same tables manually, cell-by-cell in your A01G ROM defined by @Wayno's definition file. RR shows "No missing tables" between OFT's ESC tune and OFT's OTS tune, so I should be able to make you a 98 Octane tune, but not an E85 tune. Do you want me to give it a try?
Old 10-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #406
jackblack21

Drives: red scion frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hey guys the listed 0-60 times on the front page are around 6.5 sec. Isn't that the same number this car will do stock?
jackblack21 is offline   Reply With Quote