follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 08-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
BlackBRZKnight

Drives: 2014 Crystal Black Silica
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stromung Exhaust

Hey Everyone,

After having my BRZ remain stock for 1000 miles, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on an axleback, Stromung to be exact. I was really impressed with the sound and the look of the exhaust and felt that it was a perfect choice for the direction I'm going with the car. I saw Mitch's review of it (http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...omung+exhaust)
which sold me on the piece. I called and spoke with a gentleman by the name of Scott this past Monday, 08/18/14 and ordered over the phone since the order link to their BRZ axleback wasn't posted on their site.
Anyway, long story short, it's now the evening of Friday 08/22/14 and I have yet to receive a tracking number to my email or a call back (I've left two messages inquiring for any updates that may be available with no returned calls). I've also sent 3 emails inquiring for the same information with no reply either.
Has anyone else had the same experience with their customer service as I have so far? The money has been withdrawn from my bank account so the exhaust is paid for, I'm just curious to know where in the US it is. I know the company is based out of CA, so I'm expecting maybe a delivery sometime next week?
Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get feedback from other members on here who have dealt with this company and what their experiences were with them. Thanks in advance for any input you may have.
BlackBRZKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I wouldn't stress out over it yet, I get that you're excited for it but a few days with no tracking number from a small company is not out of the ordinary.
B-R-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #3
BlackBRZKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-R-Z View Post
I wouldn't stress out over it yet, I get that you're excited for it but a few days with no tracking number from a small company is not out of the ordinary.
Thanks for the reply, I guess I was just worried that they wouldn't know to tie my email that I used to talk to Scott with my order, which is why I've tried to email and call them to make sure. I guess if I don't hear from them by next week, I will need to start finding out how to get my money back and look at other options.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Garage
I'm sure you're fine and will get your exhaust, someone in that thread even said their turnaround time and communication sucks.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #5
BlackBRZKnight

So as an update to this thread, I received my exhaust this past Monday 09/01. Packaging was very well done and I was pleasantly surprised at the craftsmanship of this exhaust. Welds are very nice (no fabrication experience here) but all the welds look even for the most part and the finish was what surprised me the most. The actually muffler body, piping and hangers are all done in a brushed finish if that makes sense. The only *chrome* on the whole system are the tips and after installing the axleback, I am very very impressed with not only the sound, but also the way it looks.
Yes the customer service could use some improvement, but if you can tough that out and the shipping (took two weeks to get this from CA), then you will be pleased. I guess it really depends on what you're going for with your car though.
As for myself, I wanted something that filled in both exhaust openings in the bumper and gave the exhaust a little more bark. Completely satisfied with this exhaust from fit and finish to sound. Definately recommend it to anyone looking at this!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackBRZKnight For This Useful Post:
B-R-Z (09-04-2014), JohnJuan (09-04-2014)
Old 09-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #6
JohnJuan

Drives: 2013 FR-S, Hot Lava; 2012 Z1000 CBO
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBRZKnight View Post
So as an update to this thread, I received my exhaust this past Monday 09/01. Packaging was very well done and I was pleasantly surprised at the craftsmanship of this exhaust. Welds are very nice (no fabrication experience here) but all the welds look even for the most part and the finish was what surprised me the most. The actually muffler body, piping and hangers are all done in a brushed finish if that makes sense. The only *chrome* on the whole system are the tips and after installing the axleback, I am very very impressed with not only the sound, but also the way it looks.
Yes the customer service could use some improvement, but if you can tough that out and the shipping (took two weeks to get this from CA), then you will be pleased. I guess it really depends on what you're going for with your car though.
As for myself, I wanted something that filled in both exhaust openings in the bumper and gave the exhaust a little more bark. Completely satisfied with this exhaust from fit and finish to sound. Definately recommend it to anyone looking at this!
Good to hear! Any chance we could get a video and/or some pictures?
JohnJuan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnJuan For This Useful Post:
akahenry (09-05-2014)
Old 09-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #7
tawheed

Drives: '13 Sport Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I was gonna buy one of these as well but ended up with a greddy sp elite. TBH, after the first startup I was pretty disappointed that it's so quiet, but I've heard it will get somewhat louder.
tawheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #8
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawheed View Post
I was gonna buy one of these as well but ended up with a greddy sp elite. TBH, after the first startup I was pretty disappointed that it's so quiet, but I've heard it will get somewhat louder.
Add a UEL header and you'll probably be happy if you're looking for a clean subtle exhaust note, and rumbles.

I have a Tsudo UEL header and Top Speed Pro 1 ABE which is almost identical to the greddy sp elite.

Here's before and after clips, both with the axle back.

Stock header: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...tockHeader.mp3
UEL Header: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Z/TsudoUEL.mp3