follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 12-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #9787
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord09 View Post
Does anyone know the exact battery tray or size used in the 1.5 kits? Sent an email to Rob, but no response yet.

Unfortunately I purchased a second hand kit and no tray was included. I stopped by PepBoys and they have two trays, one that's ~11.5'' wide and ~14'' wide. The ~11.5'' is *just* barely too narrow, if it were another 1/8-1/4'' wider it'd be perfect. The ~14'' one is just huge.

I can cram all the batteries on the smaller tray, but the starter battery isn't sitting completely level with the tray and rest of the batteries or I could just use the larger tray, but I'd rather have something that provides more support for the batteries.

Any recommendations?
I have an extra V2 battery tray. If you want it, PM me your address and pay for shipping and it's yours. I had my kit upgraded a while back and I didn't use the new tray. My original batteries are almost 2 years old and still going strong.
Do you need the entire tray kit or just the tray itself? Let me know and I'll send you what you need.
Attached Images

WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WNDSRFR For This Useful Post:
Lord09 (12-24-2015)
Old 12-24-2015, 11:39 AM   #9788
Lord09

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
I have an extra V2 battery tray. If you want it, PM me your address and pay for shipping and it's yours. I had my kit upgraded a while back and I didn't use the new tray. My original batteries are almost 2 years old and still going strong.
Do you need the entire tray kit or just the tray itself? Let me know and I'll send you what you need.
This would be amazing, just sent you a PM.
Lord09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:20 PM   #9789
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmM View Post
Hey guys, here's my first data log with the ESC installed. I am still getting exhaust backfire during wot sometimes.

My current mods are a drop in filter, lighter crank pulley, OFH, 2.75" header-back exhaust. I'm am not really sure what I should be watching out for, but does everything look okay and safe?

Thanks in advance!

OTS v2.02 tune for ESC+OFH on 91oct.
(three) 3rd gear pulls
http://datazap.me/u/rhythmm/esc-thre...g=0&data=1-2-9
Your log looks good to me. The AFRs are staying near 12 on your WOT pulls.

With an OFH and 2.75" header back it makes a lot of sense that you're getting backfires. How do I know? Cause I'm running nearly the same setup (TRD drop in filter + catless UEL + Ultimate racing 2.75" FP/OP + TRD USA 2.25" Catback). The backfires happen when exhaust pressures change (especially during gear changes). This is normal with UEL + less restrictive and larger exhaust pipe diameters like we have. If it's bothering you, it's easy enough to switch back to the stock OP/FP, but everything I've learned says we're good. Please though feel free to ask around so that your comfort level reaches acceptable for you. This is important. As an FYI I've been running the setup above for about the last 6 months. No issues. I've considered an e-tune from Shiv to get things completely optimized, but also from what I've heard, differences will be minor.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Sojhinn (12-24-2015)
Old 12-24-2015, 05:08 PM   #9790
rhythmM

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited MT - White
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Your log looks good to me. The AFRs are staying near 12 on your WOT pulls.

With an OFH and 2.75" header back it makes a lot of sense that you're getting backfires. How do I know? Cause I'm running nearly the same setup (TRD drop in filter + catless UEL + Ultimate racing 2.75" FP/OP + TRD USA 2.25" Catback). The backfires happen when exhaust pressures change (especially during gear changes). This is normal with UEL + less restrictive and larger exhaust pipe diameters like we have. If it's bothering you, it's easy enough to switch back to the stock OP/FP, but everything I've learned says we're good. Please though feel free to ask around so that your comfort level reaches acceptable for you. This is important. As an FYI I've been running the setup above for about the last 6 months. No issues. I've considered an e-tune from Shiv to get things completely optimized, but also from what I've heard, differences will be minor.
Thanks for the reply! If the log looks good I won't change it. I actually really like the backfire sound lol. I was only concerned because the car never did that before so was wondering if it was still safe.

Phantom Super Charged - 2014 BRZ
rhythmM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rhythmM For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (12-24-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 10:00 PM   #9791
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Merry Christmas ALL! Got great news that there will be 4 kits available in the first two weeks of January. PMs will start going out this week for the next in line.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (12-29-2015), gtfapollo (12-29-2015), iJeff (12-28-2015), shellslinger (12-29-2015), stevo585 (12-29-2015), Thobjo (01-05-2016)
Old 12-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #9792
Lord09

Per Rob, the tray used in the kits can be purchased here:

http://www.remybattery.com/plastic-b...y-11-inch.html

It was about 1/8'' wider than the tray I previously purchased.

Finally got the kit installed along with the Procede, wiring cleanup and putting back together the interior.

Still playing around with Procede maps, but so far Sojhinn's V3 feels the smoothest.

I'm very happy with the kit so far and the Procede/partial boost is amazing.

Idle voltage is 28.2 and just using the OFT and the naked eye I've seen a max of 4.5 PSI.

My kit was an early V1.5, so it had a few differences than the current kits. Thanks to the wealth of knowledge in this and the owner's thread as well as a few people who helped me out via PMs, I'm up and running and wanted to extend my thanks and gratitude.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord09 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (12-29-2015)
Old 12-29-2015, 08:32 PM   #9793
keen as

Drives: 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Per Rob, the tray used in the kits can be purchased here:

http://www.remybattery.com/plastic-b...y-11-inch.html

It was about 1/8'' wider than the tray I previously purchased.

Finally got the kit installed along with the Procede, wiring cleanup and putting back together the interior.

Still playing around with Procede maps, but so far Sojhinn's V3 feels the smoothest.

I'm very happy with the kit so far and the Procede/partial boost is amazing.

Idle voltage is 28.2 and just using the OFT and the naked eye I've seen a max of 4.5 PSI.

My kit was an early V1.5, so it had a few differences than the current kits. Thanks to the wealth of knowledge in this and the owner's thread as well as a few people who helped me out via PMs, I'm up and running and wanted to extend my thanks and gratitude.

If using Procede, you can delete the Drag reduction tube connected from the controller to air intake pipe. The hole can be plugged. I can't remember the size of the fitting to screw in to plug it.
keen as is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keen as For This Useful Post:
Lord09 (12-29-2015)
Old 12-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #9794
Lord09

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen as View Post
If using Procede, you can delete the Drag reduction tube connected from the controller to air intake pipe. The hole can be plugged. I can't remember the size of the fitting to screw in to plug it.
I've actually never heard of this, mind elaborating why it's not necessary?
Old 12-29-2015, 09:52 PM   #9795
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I've actually never heard of this, mind elaborating why it's not necessary?
IIRC, the PROcede controller and maps will perform the same function as drag reduction in the earlier kits so you can cap the drag reduction tap and remove the tube without issue.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
keen as (01-01-2016), Lord09 (12-29-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 08:59 PM   #9796
statlab

Drives: Man
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to statlab Send a message via AIM to statlab Send a message via Yahoo to statlab
DIY Aux charger

Just wondering: has anyone had experience with this exact unit that Rob recommended? There are built-in auto shutoff features that make me wonder if it would cause issues for the ESC.

And, 2.5Amps: how much real-world benefit does this equate to?

http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-...ll/MC24EX.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robftss View Post
http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-...ll/MC24EX.html

Make your own AUX charger.

These work great...~20% quicker recharge....add eyelets to input/output and bolt directly from 12V car to 24V dump.

Rob.
statlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:52 AM   #9797
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
Here are my latest tunes for MT's. The AT tunes aren't done yet. They have the newest Tip-in, PFI-DI ratio, Timing Advance and AVCS tuning for ESC to prevent excessive scavenging. This will get over 30 MPG between 60 - 70 MPH on the highway, and yet accelerate well in the city. I also included the "Cool" Procede map that most people liked. There is some advanced timing and enriched Port injection, so you should keep an eye on the A/F Ratio and the IAM.
I will probably install my kit tomorrow or in 2 days so.
this tune is for header+ ESC?
only stock part of exhaust system is header right now.
I have OP, catted FP, Q300
Openflash site indicates that tune is for OFH +ESC (v2.02 download)
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:09 AM   #9798
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Garage
With an MT the tune should work just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
I will probably install my kit tomorrow or in 2 days so.
this tune is for header+ ESC?
only stock part of exhaust system is header right now.
I have OP, catted FP, Q300
Openflash site indicates that tune is for OFH +ESC (v2.02 download)
I recommend logging after a day or so to make sure everything's in the green. The AT's are much harder to tune for. The taller gearing makes every slight imperfection in the tune into a glaring flaw. It simply has to pull hard and steady from low rpm's to work in an AT. A change to one single cell in a table can ruin an otherwise good tune. I've got an AT tune now that pulls strong and steady 1st through 4th, and that's as good as it's going to get for now. I'll be posting what I have for AT's as soon as I get caught up.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:37 AM   #9799
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
I recommend logging after a day or so to make sure everything's in the green. The AT's are much harder to tune for. The taller gearing makes every slight imperfection in the tune into a glaring flaw. It simply has to pull hard and steady from low rpm's to work in an AT. A change to one single cell in a table can ruin an otherwise good tune. I've got an AT tune now that pulls strong and steady 1st through 4th, and that's as good as it's going to get for now. I'll be posting what I have for AT's as soon as I get caught up.
I have manual...

should i ask ESC tune minus OFH to Shiv?

Last edited by zc06_kisstherain; 01-02-2016 at 10:03 AM.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #9800
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
I have manual...

should i ask ESC tune minus OFH to Shiv?

For shivs tune it's for everyone. I don't have an aftermarket header but I use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive