follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 06-20-2015, 09:25 PM   #1
erok81

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Air Lift Digital Kit

has anyone installed one of these on their brz or frs? I put one on my brz and the raise to start (or really my normal driving height) doesn't work. I have to raise it past that height "driveway mode" then hit back to my ride height. Otherwise I am sitting a good inch below where it should be. And he pressure setting is the same before and after. Just a massive height difference.

I've emailed air lift a couple times and never heard back. How are you your kits working?
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #2
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by erok81 View Post
has anyone installed one of these on their brz or frs? I put one on my brz and the raise to start (or really my normal driving height) doesn't work. I have to raise it past that height "driveway mode" then hit back to my ride height. Otherwise I am sitting a good inch below where it should be. And he pressure setting is the same before and after. Just a massive height difference.

I've emailed air lift a couple times and never heard back. How are you your kits working?
I'm putting my kit back on next week, but when I had it on I noticed when raising it up, it didn't always come up to the same height at the same pressure, so with some trial and error i found out it only stops at the right height if I drop it down from max, so I stopped using the hard park feature. If you want to use the hard park feature,(slammed when car shuts off) set your normal ride height preset to max height, then use another preset as your normal ride height and drop it down to that. That way you should be at the right height to clear your driveway, and can even leave it at max height to clear the driveway, then when you drop to normal ride height, it will be the right height.
KoolBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
thien

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erok81 View Post

I don't remember where I read it, but I think raise on start raises to the 1st preset? So if that's your highest one, it will go there? I don't have mine yet but I'll see if I have the same problem.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Raise on start, getting it even

I understood raise on start was to the first preset. It also uses the first preset as ordinary ride height when raise on start is disabled. It will get up to normal ride height after the struts are worked a few times. I would recommend using "driveway mode as the first preset, and normal ride height as the second. Then you will have the height to clear your driveway as you leave, and as soon as you are on the road, you can hit preset 2 for normal ride height.
On another note, I finally figured how to get the dropped height even. First I adjusted the fronts as low as I could, just touching the fender liners. Then I adjusted the rears as high as they recommend, threads just showing in the holes. Voila dropped height is even. Any other adjustment is too high in front, or too low in back. That means there is only one adjustment with an even drop. So adjusting is simple, drop the fronts till they just clear the fender liners, and raise the rears so the end of the threads is seen in the holes. For some reason the height on my right rear is unequal to my left rear strut, so my right rear threads are at the end of the holes, and my left rear is at the beginning of the holes.
Here is a pic of the my car dropped.
Attached Images

thien (11-15-2015)