follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 03-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #141
Jertronic

Drives: FR-S 10 Series 120 of 2500
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
You have to ask them to come with you on a test drive. Have it running and park next to a building wall and the sound will echo off the building and be obvious to the tech or service rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #142
neil125
FRS-H

Drives: FR-S Firestorm
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jertronic View Post
You have to ask them to come with you on a test drive. Have it running and park next to a building wall and the sound will echo off the building and be obvious to the tech or service rep.
I picked the car up, drove around a little bit and brought it back and parked in the service drop-off garage. He couldn't deny hearing it then. (They drove it 3.2 miles after I dropped it off)

But of course he spewed more BS about toyota not having a fix or new parts for it. He said he could put me on the list to talk to the toyota rep but "he only comes to the dealer once a month". Sounds like a bunch of bull to me.
neil125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #143
brad fischer

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium Blue Manual
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Are the listed TSB #s for the BRZ only suitable for the USA? Are they applicable for Canadian BRZs and the Canadian Subaru dealers or will Subaru Canada have different TSB #s. I phoned my dealer and asked about some of the issues and TSBs. I asked about the manual transmission cold shifting issues and the odd gear grind into 2nd. The service person I talked to acted like he never heard of any of the issues.
Reminds me of my dealings with Hyundai dealers regarding my Genesis Coupe's manual transmission issues and the USA TSB for it that the Canadian dealers tried to pretend didn't exist.
Many thanks to all involved who post all the TSB #'s for the BRZ and FRS. This forum is a great source of info.
brad fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #144
CARNZ
CHECK ENGINE

Drives: 2004 STi
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
New TSB for Idle Dip/Long Cranking on BRZ.

TSB 11-136-14

see attached
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 075824-11-136-14.pdf (252.7 KB, 559 views)
Bobblehead (04-22-2014), Eurasianman (03-27-2014), Sigh-on-Rice (03-27-2014)
Old 03-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #145
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Drives: '18 MX-5 Club
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARNZ View Post
New TSB for Idle Dip/Long Cranking on BRZ.

TSB 11-136-14

see attached
Thank you! Just added to the first post.
Sigh-on-Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #146
neil125
FRS-H

Drives: FR-S Firestorm
Garage
I was supposed to meet with the factory rep today about the chirping and an hour before I get a call from the dealer. they said they ordered the parts because the factory rep knows about the issue. should be a few days for them to come in.
I'm hoping Rev2 fixes the issues.
neil125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #147
oh bui

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil125 View Post
I was supposed to meet with the factory rep today about the chirping and an hour before I get a call from the dealer. they said they ordered the parts because the factory rep knows about the issue. should be a few days for them to come in.
I'm hoping Rev2 fixes the issues.
Did you ever get that fixed? I actually just dropped off my BRZ to Subaru in Livermore, CA and the guy said that the foreman said the chirping noise is normal and that since it wasn't ABNORMAL, there's no need to change out the fuel pump, etc.

Also, anyone have any clunky shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear? I researched the forums and stuff but can't figure out what to do. It's rough shifting into 3rd unless I pause for a second before shifting.

Bought the car in January this year and have been so frustrated with the chirping, shifting, "rough idle" issues.. not a way to enjoy a new car.
oh bui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:31 PM   #148
Bobblehead

Drives: 2013 BRZ (gone) 2016 Ford Fusion SE
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I've got the chirp and the weird dippy idle when the A/C is on. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to try and see if they can do anything yet.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #149
Jertronic

Drives: FR-S 10 Series 120 of 2500
Garage
I have a slight idle dip with the A/C on and it's rather minor. My shifts (Manual Trans) clunks between shifts in low gears sometimes.

The clunky shifts are more of an issue. Would be nice if there were an adjustment that could be made.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:10 AM   #150
73TORANA!

Drives: Orange GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jertronic View Post
I have a slight idle dip with the A/C on and it's rather minor. My shifts (Manual Trans) clunks between shifts in low gears sometimes.

The clunky shifts are more of an issue. Would be nice if there were an adjustment that could be made.

Hey Jertronic,
Im sure I have read on a couple of posts in the Assie forums about the same issue and im pretty sure they adjusted a rod in the clutch system to give the clutch a bit more clearance when disengaged, I believe it helps? worth a look at..
73TORANA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:18 AM   #151
73TORANA!

Drives: Orange GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Just for the record, the TSB claims a countermeasure was put in place with VIN D*601678, May 2012.

My car was manufactured Feb 2013, VIN -607120, and just started having condensation/water in the taillight assembly.

Will get this fixed soon, but letting others know it is not limited to those affect VIN ranges.

-alex
Mine's a July 13 AUS car and its just started doing it.
73TORANA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #152
Muskokan

Drives: white Sport-tech
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad fischer View Post
Are the listed TSB #s for the BRZ only suitable for the USA? Are they applicable for Canadian BRZs and the Canadian Subaru dealers or will Subaru Canada have different TSB #s. I phoned my dealer and asked about some of the issues and TSBs. I asked about the manual transmission cold shifting issues and the odd gear grind into 2nd. The service person I talked to acted like he never heard of any of the issues.
Reminds me of my dealings with Hyundai dealers regarding my Genesis Coupe's manual transmission issues and the USA TSB for it that the Canadian dealers tried to pretend didn't exist.
Many thanks to all involved who post all the TSB #'s for the BRZ and FRS. This forum is a great source of info.

No different tsbs and it takes longer for us to get them than the states for some reason, says my dealer.
Muskokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #153
Venator

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
TSB / Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad fischer View Post

Is there a tsb for the shifting into 2nd? Mine absolutely hates 2nd gear....

Venator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #154
kasoneblaze1024

Drives: white out frs
No....

kasoneblaze1024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chirping, high pressure fuel pump