follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #43
2013GTRNate

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I do not have an FR-S yet but when I get mine I will not be too concerned with what others think… I have found in life that people will judge you regardless of what you drive… It is in our nature and that is that… I have owned many nice cars over the years and people judge you even if your car set you back by 100k…

Cheers,
-Nate
Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #44
WRJad

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
I feel awkward when im driving on the highway and a Honda del sol jets in front of me and whips out a video camera to record the car lol. I can't blame them, the BRZ looks sexy as hell with all the LEDs lit up
Old 11-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #45
russv
First 86

Drives: Scion FRS Argento Automatic
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterGreene View Post
I more feel pitty for the genesis drivers that I see out on the roads...the new front facia looks like it lost in a knife fight. Just way too much going on there.

The Genesis has a certain lack of breeding

Life is short...NO BORING CARS
Old 11-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #46
kmbkk
First 86 Driver Baby!

Drives: FR-S, Flex
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russv View Post
The Genesis has a certain lack of breeding
Do you mean inbreeding?

"Boy, you sure got some perty teeth!"
Old 11-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #47
IloveBaldEagles

Drives: Gray.
Thanked 2,086 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I strike up a conversation if they seem that interested. Maybe even put a little rev for the dad in the SUV seeking his midlife crisis, throw a sideways left turn if no traffic is around for them.. unless they want me to pull over so that they can be in the car. Yeah...
Old 11-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #48
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR600RR View Post
LOL at the comments.

Honestly I don't drive the car because I care what other people think. I drive the car because I love it - I drive it for me.

that is all...
wow! what a selfish pri*k!.ehe! he! he! just kidding! i feel the same,
as i don't care two s**ts what other people think! just love drivin' it!
i admit,i should care,because there are "fu**heads out there that will
f**k it up just for sport,but i watch it like a hawk,so no big deal!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #49
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR600RR View Post
LOL at the comments.

Honestly I don't drive the car because I care what other people think. I drive the car because I love it - I drive it for me.

that is all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
U mad, bro? LOL

You keep telling me that I'm mad, but the fact of the matter is that I'm amused by you. There's nothing you can say to make me mad. You're just my court jester!

BTW, the fact of the matter is that you are the only person I've ever called a troll. So no, I don't "blatantly point at anyone and call them a troll". Just you, Nancy. Don't blame me for your trollish behavior.
my god ! youse guys are still at it? (w.t.f!) just get married,and call it a day!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #50
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
I feel the most awkward when next to an FRS.
The Following User Says Thank You to dem00n For This Useful Post:
KGFRS86 (11-05-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #51
lastsnare
^_^

Drives: 2013 BRZ Galaxy Blue Silica
Garage
In response to the original post:

I've never gotten this response from people in my WRX in the last 8 years, and I've only had the BRZ for about a week, so nothing just yet.

For background, I'm 33, generally reserved personality-wise, I try to drive courteously around others, I always signal when changing lanes, I don't launch at stop lights, I try to avoid tire squealing, I don't pass people at high speeds, try not to tailgate. I also don't have a loud exhaust, I don't have tinted windows.... the BRZ is completely stock and the WRX is only lowered a little. It probably has something to do with the area that I live in too. It's a middle-class suburb, we aren't rich but aren't poor, and we don't have much in the way of "car clubs" or "car gangs." No gatherings of tuner cars in parking lots doing burnouts, no driving aggressively in caravans on the streets. There isn't an abundance of the combination of wealth, irreverance and angst among the younger drivers, at least in my town.

But, even if I did get the competitive attitude from talking to people with other cars:

1. They are being rude if they introduce themselves by telling me that my car is inferior to theirs, what kind of way is that to make friends ? That's called poor social skills.

2. If they were to directly ask me why I bought my car and not their car, I would say, because this is the car I wanted to buy. I don't have to even get into trying to justify anything about my purchase to them. If they don't have anything better to talk about, then I won't try to convince them to like my car. It's fine, I'll just talk to people that like the things that I like, and if we disagree, then we talk about something else, hopefully.

3. I bought the car because I liked it. I don't want to analyze why I like it and come up with a list of counter arguments when someone tells me that something about my car isn't good enough for them. I don't need to defend what I like to anyone.
Some people enjoy debating. I enjoy driving

my 2 cents
The Following User Says Thank You to lastsnare For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (11-05-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #52
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty86 View Post
lol white shadow's been trying so desperately to justify his existence (and to get even). Not all men are born equal yet his autism doesn't allow him to grasp that concept. Regardless, watching him juggle his single digit IQ and his rage is amusing.
yeah! but try to "bury it",and try to reconcile your differences! if ya can! let's try to get along,it's better for everybody,after all,we have the same interests in common!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastsnare View Post
In response to the original post:

I've never gotten this response from people in my WRX in the last 8 years, and I've only had the BRZ for about a week, so nothing just yet.

For background, I'm 33, generally reserved personality-wise, I try to drive courteously around others, I always signal when changing lanes, I don't launch at stop lights, I try to avoid tire squealing, I don't pass people at high speeds, try not to tailgate. I also don't have a loud exhaust, I don't have tinted windows.... the BRZ is completely stock and the WRX is only lowered a little. It probably has something to do with the area that I live in too. It's a middle-class suburb, we aren't rich but aren't poor, and we don't have much in the way of "car clubs" or "car gangs." No gatherings of tuner cars in parking lots doing burnouts, no driving aggressively in caravans on the streets. There isn't an abundance of the combination of wealth, irreverance and angst among the younger drivers, at least in my town.

But, even if I did get the competitive attitude from talking to people with other cars:

1. They are being rude if they introduce themselves by telling me that my car is inferior to theirs, what kind of way is that to make friends ? That's called poor social skills.

2. If they were to directly ask me why I bought my car and not their car, I would say, because this is the car I wanted to buy. I don't have to even get into trying to justify anything about my purchase to them. If they don't have anything better to talk about, then I won't try to convince them to like my car. It's fine, I'll just talk to people that like the things that I like, and if we disagree, then we talk about something else, hopefully.

3. I bought the car because I liked it. I don't want to analyze why I like it and come up with a list of counter arguments when someone tells me that something about my car isn't good enough for them. I don't need to defend what I like to anyone.
Some people enjoy debating. I enjoy driving

my 2 cents
love your choice of color! feel the car's a ''sleeper" in this color! me too! much rather drive,than debate!
The Following User Says Thank You to jmaryt For This Useful Post:
lastsnare (11-04-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #53
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
This car gets a LOT of attention, both positive and negative. The positive attention is usually from older, more mature folks. They usually tell me they love it, or think it looks great and ask what it is. Ironically also get positive attention from really young kids, who seem drawn to it.

The negative attention is usually from the less mature guys, usually driving rice or kraut (Integras, GCs, GTIs, Golf R, etc.) They'll start driving aggressively or floor it and take off next to me when they see me. I don't really mind, as I remember what it was like to be young and immature. Also the FR-S/BRZ has been winning a lot of comparisons lately, so it's bound to attract attention from owners of competing cars.

Just comes with the territory of owning a car like this.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #54
Travis

Drives: FR-S 6MT Whiteout
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Ive had pretty much all positive. Most people are just curious about. Although a few Genesis drivers will stare and stare right back at those bastards, how I hate them
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #55
pinoyplaya

Drives: WRB MT-BRZ LMTD
Each day I drive my BRZ to and from work, I get at least 2 people staring at my car per mile that I drive...
Drove the car off the lot at 8/6/12 @ 8:06 PM
Traded for Black 2013 Camaro 2SS RS
Old 11-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #56
sf86

Drives: Red Scion FRS AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem00n View Post
I feel the most awkward when next to an FRS.
same here )

Closed Thread