follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Hachiroku
Administrator

Drives: Boxster 986
Thanked 1,977 Times in 344 Posts
Mentioned: 171 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Arrow New set of Toyota FT-86 interior photos from the studio (some great details)

As announced on our BLOG.

We bring you this new set of shots from a studio showing of the Toyota FT-86, featuring some great closeups of various interior details. I particular like the closeups of the mega futuristic dashboard and gauges which clearly shows the Fuji Raceway map as well as the neat built-in lap timer. Also showing clearly now is the tricked out gas level and engine temperature meters which glow as backlights in the dash’s shroud.

Enjoy!
Attached Images

Hachiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Shadowsong6

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
oh wow, those are awesome!
Shadowsong6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shadowsong6 For This Useful Post:
Calum (10-31-2013)
Old 10-16-2009, 01:39 AM   #3
Kenji

Drives: RX8
These are great pics. I love how completely driver centric everything is in this car.

I like the layout of the climate control and how it's just on the driver's front gauges and not in in a central console, makes the interior very simplistic. Cars these days have way too much controls and fussiness everywhere.

Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #4
Matt

Drives: E36
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I sincerely hope the interior looks nothing like that with the exception of the digital dash.

I'm sure it won't.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:52 AM   #5
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
stunning
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:24 AM   #6
RadOnc

Drives: 328i
Holy crap, they really put alot of attention to this interior. It is a great combination of modern technology with vision to make it into something that not only looks great but looks like it would be highly functional (unlike most concept car interiors that look like pieces of art that you couldnt actually use). I know this still isn't something that will make it into production, but you know what, it really could go to production and be functional. The driver orientation of the interior is such a win in my book.
RadOnc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RadOnc For This Useful Post:
Freeman (04-18-2013)
Old 10-16-2009, 06:36 AM   #7
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I just want that steering wheel to make it to production.

So sweet.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #8
Black FT-86

Drives: NA Mazda Miata
Anyone else notice the little knee pads for driver / passenger? Great sign that they want this thing to handle!

The rear seats appear tall enough that despite the compact dimensions - the avg male (5' 10") might be able to sit back there w/o bashing his head on the rear glass, unlike the Infiti G35/37 coupe or the Genesis coupe. The leg room might be tight, but who knows how far back/forward the front seats are.

They do look like they're lower than the front seats, so the view out might not be so great, but who cares as long as they're actually useable!

Those of you who hate the 2+2 concept - I've heard it helps keep the insurance rates lower, so not only is it more practical for hauling people, but for making the car more affordable to younger drivers.
Black FT-86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Black FT-86 For This Useful Post:
DJSong (01-05-2014)
Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #9
Black FT-86

Also, very glad to see they've kept a traditional e-brake and positioned it in exactly the same way as the miata. I wouldn't have it any other way... Not only for e-brake turns, but for easy hill starts (foot on clutch, foot on gas, hand-brake - it's as good as, if not better than having three legs).

All of this leads me to believe it's an extremely practical package that they glitzed up a bit so it can be a show-car - ergo - this thing won't take long to turn around and produce.

N.A.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #10
Agam

Drives: 03 WRB WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
These are great pics. I love how completely driver centric everything is in this car.

I like the layout of the climate control and how it's just on the driver's front gauges and not in in a central console, makes the interior very simplistic. Cars these days have way too much controls and fussiness everywhere.

i really like the interior as well VERY driver oriented and minimalistic not millions of buttons everywhere.. i really hope they keep the interior (at least the functionality of it)... if anything, i think the s2000 interiors is one of the most "driver" interiors ever and i hope they follow those lines

hell they can take out all the digital stuff and swap it out with rotary knobs, but as long as the dash is for "me" i'd be pretty happy
Agam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
MR2fan

Drives: 91 MR2
The S2000 dash comparison is actually spot on. Look at the placement of most of the controls in the car, they're all located on two flaps to the sides of the steering wheel and the rest of the dash has very little too it. Even has the red push button start. Now if they can also get the feel of the steering and shifter to something similar, game set match
Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #12
Black FT-86

Another interesting comparison between the FT-86 and S2000 is the transmission tunnel. It's quite wide and fairly tall in the 2000, but in the 86 it's fairly narrow. It actually looks like it may be narrower than the tunnel in the miata.

It will be interesting to see how high the transmission and driveshaft will be in there, and also if they are able to tuck the exhaust up in there as well. If they can do both, that'd certainly help achieve a flat bottom and improve aerodynamics considerably.

The doorsill is pretty wide in these pictures, which should mean the torsional rigidity ought to be quite good.

It's interesting that they went with frameless door windows since Subaru is trying to get away from that. Makes it easier to have a convertible version in the future though! Anyone with Photoshopping abilities want to jump on that!?
Old 10-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #13
Black FT-86

One last thought, the spedometer is ~160mph, which is the same as the 1990's and 2000's Celica spedometers. The top versions of those cars could go 140-155mph depending on the year, so hopefully this one would be in a similar position with proper gearing.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #14
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
one thing i noticed about the headlights or the front of the car... is that theres no ambers anywhere.. i think its required to have ambers.. just a thought
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote