follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #519
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bill Bryan Subaru, Leesburg Florida

Called searching for a specific car, agreed on price over the phone after all other details were inquired about. Arrived after 5 hour flight to car with 10x as many miles as were stated, being sold "new". All kinds of sudden fees were applied making the final amount almost 6k over what was discussed on the phone. They claimed it as all kind of taxes and fees which they tried to pay through my car loan. Overall a pretty shitty experience. Always get it in writing. FML
B T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B T For This Useful Post:
~el~jefe~ (09-07-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #520
moliver

Drives: FR-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T View Post
Bill Bryan Subaru, Leesburg Florida

Called searching for a specific car, agreed on price over the phone after all other details were inquired about. Arrived after 5 hour flight to car with 10x as many miles as were stated, being sold "new". All kinds of sudden fees were applied making the final amount almost 6k over what was discussed on the phone. They claimed it as all kind of taxes and fees which they tried to pay through my car loan. Overall a pretty shitty experience. Always get it in writing. FML
always get it in writing and always buy a round trip ticket.
moliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #521
Isopher

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
I used the car buying service offered by USAA to find a 2017 BRZ/86 which means that every car dealer in Colorado was sent my way. One in particular was especially bad.

Larry H Miller Liberty Toyota Colorado Springs. The first thing they wanted to do was push an automatic transmission on me despite having explicitly told them that "Manual is a requirement". They also refused to work with me to find a car i want, instead opting for the "your options are what we have, you will buy one of these and appreciate it" attitude. Perhaps i should have walked away then, but i decided that one of them was close enough and i was still in the process of scoping out what offers i had. So since i was not buying that day i wanted to walk away with some numbers at least. After 3 rounds of various high pressure sales tactics to buy now, i finally got a quote on paper. The quote included "vehicle anti theft protection" for $600 (worth maybe $75 when registering through the police), $700 dealer handling which they claimed was for shipping from japan (which i know to be already included in the price) and maintaining the car on the lot, 8.75% tax (local tax is 8.25%), various other BS dealer "options" that could not be negotiated adding up to almost $600, and the final nail in the coffin: You only get this price if you finance through us at 5.73% APR that they lied about being 2.99%. In total the out the door price was to be $32,895.37(before interest) for an 86 with minimal options whose msrp started at 28,200-ish flaunting it as an amazing deal and i should appreciate their generosity.

Needless to say, i walked away and never returned. Literally half a mile from their location was Heuberger Subaru (which seems to be fairly famous on this forum). They got me a deal on a 2017 BRZ from the factory for $23,927 + $273 in options + $489DH + Tax = $26,728 Out the door. I attribute this price to a combination of USAA and ordering less than 2 weeks from the final order cutoff for 2017.
Isopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:19 PM   #522
trippinbillies40

Drives: '22 WRB
Thanked 1,213 Times in 400 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isopher View Post
I used the car buying service offered by USAA to find a 2017 BRZ/86 which means that every car dealer in Colorado was sent my way. One in particular was especially bad.

Larry H Miller Liberty Toyota Colorado Springs. The first thing they wanted to do was push an automatic transmission on me despite having explicitly told them that "Manual is a requirement". They also refused to work with me to find a car i want, instead opting for the "your options are what we have, you will buy one of these and appreciate it" attitude. Perhaps i should have walked away then, but i decided that one of them was close enough and i was still in the process of scoping out what offers i had. So since i was not buying that day i wanted to walk away with some numbers at least. After 3 rounds of various high pressure sales tactics to buy now, i finally got a quote on paper. The quote included "vehicle anti theft protection" for $600 (worth maybe $75 when registering through the police), $700 dealer handling which they claimed was for shipping from japan (which i know to be already included in the price) and maintaining the car on the lot, 8.75% tax (local tax is 8.25%), various other BS dealer "options" that could not be negotiated adding up to almost $600, and the final nail in the coffin: You only get this price if you finance through us at 5.73% APR that they lied about being 2.99%. In total the out the door price was to be $32,895.37(before interest) for an 86 with minimal options whose msrp started at 28,200-ish flaunting it as an amazing deal and i should appreciate their generosity.

Needless to say, i walked away and never returned. Literally half a mile from their location was Heuberger Subaru (which seems to be fairly famous on this forum). They got me a deal on a 2017 BRZ from the factory for $23,927 + $273 in options + $489DH + Tax = $26,728 Out the door. I attribute this price to a combination of USAA and ordering less than 2 weeks from the final order cutoff for 2017.
Should probably move this post to either the Toyota blacklist of the Subaru whitelist.

Either way, glad Hueberger got you taken care of. If you're up in Denver, give me a shout and I'll try to meet up with you to get you a BRZ hat.
trippinbillies40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:16 PM   #523
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies40 View Post
Should probably move this post to either the Toyota blacklist of the Subaru whitelist.

Either way, glad Hueberger got you taken care of. If you're up in Denver, give me a shout and I'll try to meet up with you to get you a BRZ hat.
I will be in Denver (well the airport) for about an hour on Satuday. Will you bring me a hat?
Old 10-20-2017, 05:53 AM   #524
trippinbillies40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I will be in Denver (well the airport) for about an hour on Satuday. Will you bring me a hat?
Lol. Dude it's my first day back after six weeks of work travel. What time will you be there?
Old 10-20-2017, 06:33 AM   #525
Tcoat

Quote:
Lol. Dude it's my first day back after six weeks of work travel. What time will you be there?
7am. Will just have time to make the connection.

A new actually it will be Sunday.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #526
trippinbillies40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
7am. Will just have time to make the connection.

A new actually it will be Sunday.
Yeah I'm definitely not getting out of bed that early haha. Maybe next time you're coming through! Sorry buddy.
The Following User Says Thank You to trippinbillies40 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-20-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 08:27 AM   #527
Tcoat

Quote:
Yeah I'm definitely not getting out of bed that early haha. Maybe next time you're coming through! Sorry buddy.
LOL I was only joking anyway. We pretty much have to run from one plane to the next.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:16 PM   #528
Isopher

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Quote:

I didnt see a Toyota blacklist thread, but then again I didnt exactly search for it too hard. I was thinking of adding a post to the Subaru whitelist, but want to wait until i have car in hand before committing to that. (ordered 9/15, eta 11/10)

Im just north of the springs actually, so we could probably work something out. I will be putting on quite a few miles when i get it (weather permitting).
Isopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #529
trippinbillies40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isopher View Post
I didnt see a Toyota blacklist thread, but then again I didnt exactly search for it too hard. I was thinking of adding a post to the Subaru whitelist, but want to wait until i have car in hand before committing to that. (ordered 9/15, eta 11/10)

Im just north of the springs actually, so we could probably work something out. I will be putting on quite a few miles when i get it (weather permitting).
Have a VIN or VON? PM it to me and I can do a status check for you!
Old 01-20-2018, 05:02 PM   #530
Drambeenie

Drives: Black 17 BRZ LT MT PP
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Koeppel Subaru Service, Queens on 57th Street.

Had them perform an oil change, tire rotation, and inspection. I marked my tires with a silver sharpie prior to arriving and inspected the car when I returned. They didn’t perform the tire rotation as the marked wheels were in the exact same spot.

The sales person refused to believe me, another sales rep said he saw them do the tire rotation and that they’re a reputable service center. I showed the original sales person the marking on the tires that said 1,2,3,4 which was undeniable proof they were in the exact same spot, yet he still didn’t believe that his worker lied. I showed him each tire and the number marking I put on it.

I refused to pay for that item and told him to remove it from the invoice but he kept saying they did the service. I kept saying I marked the tires u didn’t move them. i went inside and they kept looking at the car and talking “such a fuss for only $30” and finally they agreed to remove the charge for the tire rotation. and even after they removed it the guy was like “My worker wouldn’t lie over $30.” And I said “Then you should check his work in the future” I’m gonna report them to Subaru.

It’s easy for a service center to charge for a rotation and then not do the work. So mark your tires with silver sharpies!

Never coming to this place again. Even another guy who got his car serviced was like “This place is sketchy”
Drambeenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drambeenie For This Useful Post:
Brink (01-20-2018), BRZyJ (01-20-2018), Carbinebbq (02-04-2018), Tcoat (02-26-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 11:17 AM   #531
ben721364

Drives: Porsche Cayman, Audi A3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
I knew they were just trying to slip one by me when they sent the form filled in with "unknown". There wasn't any way I was sending them credit card info without any type of guaranteed tied to MSRP.
Interested in 'markup' or in net cost?
ben721364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #532
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben721364 View Post
Interested in 'markup' or in net cost?
The guys hasn't been here in 4 years and he was talking about mark up on the car before it was even released so probably not real relevant now anyway.