follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 09-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #71
CSG David

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 1,721 Times in 956 Posts
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatWESguy View Post
My first and last, pretty sure they lost all of SD86 club as well
Our vendor experience was interesting to say the least. We definitely appreciated the Socal86-ers, SD86-ers, LocalFRS-ers, and Purists coming out to say hi and chilling out at our booth. It definitely made our day. Thank you again for coming up with them and hope to see you guys at the next SD86 meet.
CSG David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG David For This Useful Post:
DonkeyKonga (09-23-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 10:10 PM   #72
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseGT86 View Post
I was parked with the nice guys from SD86 and after 3 hours of walking around and not really seeing any big discounts of special prices for being at the event I decided I had enough heat and went to leave and on my way a security guard was pointing at my car like trying to get a group of them to not let me out......

I told the guy to move the cones I'M LEAVING and he let me out but it felt like I was locked inside this place...

I won't be attending anymore 86Fests.

P.S. I really enjoyed seeing everyone's car and meeting nice people but I'll stick to local club meets only from now on.
F that...if they wanted to play games you should have called the police and said my car has been stolen...I need a unit to respond...j/k

These organizers sound like dbags...seems like someone else needs to come up with a better 86 gathering on the west coast for next year
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #73
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderiff View Post
anyone go to subiefest? how did that compare?
The Raffle was worse at Subiefest. But Subiefest was pretty awesome even though I spent the whole time at the Autox and didn't really get to walk the vendors and such (but I did have a great view of the track racing while autoxing!)

I think 86Fest needs more activities, like an Autox or Wet T-shirt contest or something

But seriously, it wasn't that bad, just need a few more things to do like at Subiefest.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #74
thatWESguy
Power Ranger

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG David View Post
Our vendor experience was interesting to say the least. We definitely appreciated the Socal86-ers, SD86-ers, LocalFRS-ers, and Purists coming out to say hi and chilling out at our booth. It definitely made our day. Thank you again for coming up with them and hope to see you guys at the next SD86 meet.
Please don't take my response of the event as a form of disrespect or a lack of appreciate for all vendors that were there. Definitely grateful to have you guys offer some great discounts for all us 86fest attendees. My hope was that it would've been more organized by the 86fest event organizers.

This in no part was a rant upon any vendors who took the time out of their busy schedules to support its customers.

Thanks David for always showing us SD86-ers some love!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #75
CSG David

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatWESguy View Post
Please don't take my response of the event as a form of disrespect or a lack of appreciate for all vendors that were there. Definitely grateful to have you guys offer some great discounts for all us 86fest attendees. My hope was that it would've been more organized by the 86fest event organizers.

This in no part was a rant upon any vendors who took the time out of their busy schedules to support its customers.

Thanks David for always showing us SD86-ers some love!
LOL you guys basically came over and raided our booth! HAHAHA
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG David For This Useful Post:
thatWESguy (09-25-2014)
Old 09-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #76
ragingSPAM
Photojournalist

Drives: Firestorm FR-S, EG8 civic
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hey guys I really appreciate all of the feedback both positive and negative. I apologize on behalf of the staff for any inconveniences caused. It was a hectic day and the organization of stuff could have definitely been better.

The event definitely had some drawbacks when in the planning stages due to some conflicts which I cannot discuss in public but it was bad enough that 86Fest almost did not happen. The venue change was not something we originally intended and it put production of the event and planning in such a tight spot I'm surprised this was pulled off as well as it seemed. We as the 86Fest crew appreciate any and all feedback both positive and negative on how to improve on the event! We are working with some amazing people who have tremendously helped our event actually happen and it couldn't have been done without them. We all hope to bring you a better event next time and once again, if anyone has any suggestions, comments, feedback and etc. feel free to contact me here or fill out the contact form on 86fest.com !!

Thank you guys both attendees and all of the vendors for coming and making this event happen! We love the community and this event is not for us and nor any kind of profit. This event is for YOU in the community! We poured out heart and soul into this with many sleepless nights and almost lost the event this year but thanks to your support we made it happen. Again please feel free to contact us. Love you all!

--
Mike
ragingSPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ragingSPAM For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (10-06-2014), kinryu (09-23-2014), medina619 (09-23-2014)
Old 09-23-2014, 12:15 AM   #77
Gixxersixxerman

Drives: Toyota GT86, 66 beetle, 11 GSXR 750
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Some of these posts I find extremely funny.. You don't go to a car show, park your car in the car show and then leave early.. I've never seen actual car show participants just get up and leave, every show I've been apart of, from HIN, SEMA, DUB all of them, if your in the show your in until it's over.. Problem here is they let just anyone in.. One section I couldn't tell if it was owners or just the local scion dealership brought down some stock cars.. They said over the loud speaker many times it was a city ordinance issue.. But I guess they should tell car show participants not to leave the show early.. The first year was horrible.. This year i though it went well.. I've been a spectator and now on the vendor side and its halirious what some were saying about pricing.. I think the problem is most people or the average enthusiast just has no clue what things cost or what markup is.. Some items we were selling for a few bucks just to show support.. And people thought it was overpriced. it was amazing at some of the disrespect some vendors got from attendees.. Most places I know priced stuff so cheap that it would be a shock if they actually, "paid" for the trip..
Gixxersixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gixxersixxerman For This Useful Post:
8R6 (09-23-2014), HotLeopardMama (10-06-2014), kinryu (09-23-2014), ragingSPAM (09-24-2014), ric342 (09-23-2014), zlegend (09-23-2014)
Old 09-23-2014, 12:30 AM   #78
Hyper4mance2k
Shadetree Project Ratchet

Drives: series.Blue
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I'm just trying to figure out why my presale tickets were $16 and change, yet they were selling tickets at the door for $15... I won't be going back.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #79
carlossanchez89
2Supras1FR-S

Drives: 13 Scion FR-S, 87 Supra
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Why not make the event something like a trip to Vegas or another city. Charge a registration fee and give awards to the different styles.
carlossanchez89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:45 AM   #80
Eelusive
Night Raid

Drives: '14 CBS BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG David View Post
David coming out to the next SD meet for the baby girls
Old 09-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #81
CSG David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelusive View Post
David coming out to the next SD meet for the baby girls
That sounds wrong. It's "babygurls". Get your lingo right young blood.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #82
DuMa

Drives: LR BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
The Raffle was worse at Subiefest. But Subiefest was pretty awesome even though I spent the whole time at the Autox and didn't really get to walk the vendors and such (but I did have a great view of the track racing while autoxing!)

I think 86Fest needs more activities, like an Autox or Wet T-shirt contest or something

But seriously, it wasn't that bad, just need a few more things to do like at Subiefest.
i was at subiefest for the raffle. the prizes seem to be amazing but they were giving those out at the 1pm drawing. They also had another 3pm drawing but i wasnt interested in staying that long.

however at the 1pm drawing the guy behind the mic was ranting on so much ridiculous things. i realize he was trying to keep the crowd engaged but at the point where the crowd was suffering from standing in the 95 degree sun waiting for our numbers to be called, the mic guy kept going off on stupid shit and even doing poor raps. At one point they had a rap battle between 2 winners (first winner didnt claim prize on time, which then the 2nd winner was called). I left at this point.

terrible way to do the raffles.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #83
calmtigers

Drives: 2014 Whiteout TRD FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Where was the autox? I was there from 12-2 and didn't see anything
"I love dinosaurs so much that I’ve based my life on burning as much black melted dinosaur flesh as I can on a daily basis...even the screaming sound of prehistoric reptilians being burnt through any of the classic Japanese four cylinders gives me great joy."
calmtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:28 PM   #84
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
I think the autoX was at Subiefest the day before.
gramicci101 is offline   Reply With Quote