follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 09-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #183
xwd

Drives: 2013 DGM Subaru BRZ (Subie #9)
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieNate View Post
It seems to me that people's experiences have varied greatly with which dealership they bought the car at. The GM at my dealership and the service rep at the dealer it's being fixed at have both been great. I have had zero interaction with Scion so far. The GM is trying to get an extended warranty for me so if all goes well I won't have to.

Sucks that the experience depends so much on where you are, but it is what it is.

Nathan
Unfortunately it's like that with any issue. In the past I ended up ditching the dealership I bought a car from, which had a great sales staff, because their service department was horrible. If you are in an area without many dealerships you are kind of stuck.
xwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #184
Jar

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmookher View Post
those of you getting the issues are u driving the car hard?
factory oil?

I beat the piss out of my BRZ daily and it fine...
Not at all, I average like 27.1 MPG. I never even turn off traction control.
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #185
Z06tofrs

Drives: Black fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
They are offering my down payment back to put towards a new or used vehicle from the dealer or any dealership they own. It's now going to take a few weeks for parts to get in before I will get it back. They know I will be under lemon law so they are trying to "buy" me out of my car.

Someone asked about lemon laws. Look up the laws per your state; however, most likely it will be 3 repairs for same issue or the car is under service for 30days. Which should include you waiting for them to get the parts in. Toyota does not want the media involved. This platform so far has been very successful from a sales and review stand point. They would rather not have a "gas pedal" situation like they had a few years back.
Make sure to keep all records dates times mileage etc for the vehicle. And after 10 days in the service department issue the dealer a notice you are going to use your rights under lemon law. Also send a registered or certified mail letter to the manufacture for a claim under the lemon laws. They will deny it then you hire an attorney to represent you. Most if not all states the car manufacture not dealer will be responsible to pay your attorney fees. You may have to have a retainer up front. Good luck, but like I said they won't let it get that far. They will work with you.
Z06tofrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #186
phat 86

Drives: scion fr-s
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Garage
me to 350 miles firestorm 6mt. they said 3 weeks for the cam gear.
phat 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #187
Jar

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06tofrs View Post
They are offering my down payment back to put towards a new or used vehicle from the dealer or any dealership they own. It's now going to take a few weeks for parts to get in before I will get it back. They know I will be under lemon law so they are trying to "buy" me out of my car.

Someone asked about lemon laws. Look up the laws per your state; however, most likely it will be 3 repairs for same issue or the car is under service for 30days. Which should include you waiting for them to get the parts in. Toyota does not want the media involved. This platform so far has been very successful from a sales and review stand point. They would rather not have a "gas pedal" situation like they had a few years back.
Make sure to keep all records dates times mileage etc for the vehicle. And after 10 days in the service department issue the dealer a notice you are going to use your rights under lemon law. Also send a registered or certified mail letter to the manufacture for a claim under the lemon laws. They will deny it then you hire an attorney to represent you. Most if not all states the car manufacture not dealer will be responsible to pay your attorney fees. You may have to have a retainer up front. Good luck, but like I said they won't let it get that far. They will work with you.
Yeah, for new cars in AZ it is 4 repairs or 30 days in service within the first 24k miles or 2 years.

I will be patient, and after 10 days in I'll speak to the GM of the dealer and let them know I plan on filing a claim with an attorney if they don't work with me.
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #188
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Ummmmm
Attached Images