follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 04-08-2019, 02:37 PM   #1
Andxzng

Drives: 2013 Scion Frs AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Potential diminished value from valve spring recall and engine failure?

Hello everyone, I'm interested in some opinions regarding my 2013 FRS value after the valve spring recall, and engine failure as a result. They have sorted out the engine failure by ordering me a new short block, but is currently on back order. I was actually interested in selling or trading my vehicle in prior to the failure of the engine, but now I'm concerned that the vehicle will lose value and desirability now that the engine has failed, and because that and the recall will be posted in my carproof. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm new to the forum, so I apologise if this is in the wrong place
Andxzng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It will lose value in private sector, probably not in trade-in or dealer purchase. Desirability is not your problem if you're trading it in, it's their issue when they're trying to sell it. Having the recall performed and a new engine installed to a dealer is probably like " HELL YEAH" because their marketing can cover the blemishes and turn them into beauty spots.

TL;DR - Dealer will probably appraise better for the work done, but someone looking at your Craigslist ad will hiss and close the browser tab.
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
Chimera

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I went in on Saturday to discuss trading my car, Toyota offered me more than I anticipated to try to get me into a new car. I'm still considering the options
Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chimera For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (04-08-2019)