follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-01-2014, 03:25 PM   #141
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeehowsBRZ View Post
Oh man, your dash looks awesome with that wrap!
Thank you! Love everything the way to turned out. I said to myself I would keep the satin silver panels...well I am glad I changed them up!

Springs were installed today. Will see how they sit after they settle but already I noticed a difference in the cars personality. Much tighter turn, little less body roll, and a little more bumpy, as expected but with the bumps it is smoothed out more than the stock springs. So basically I feel more bumps but the initial bump is a lot smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
Looks fantastic! I need to check this out in person sometime.
Definitely man!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
Marchy (07-02-2014), ModalSoul37 (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #142
ModalSoul37

Drives: 2014 Limited WR Blue Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
Springs were installed today. Will see how they sit after they settle but already I noticed a difference in the cars personality. Much tighter turn, little less body roll, and a little more bumpy, as expected but with the bumps it is smoothed out more than the stock springs. So basically I feel more bumps but the initial bump is a lot smoother.

Congrats on the springs, I'm debating on whether I want just the sport springs or the entire strut and spring set up...what did you decide to do if you don't mind me asking?
ModalSoul37 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ModalSoul37 For This Useful Post:
Khazzy (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #143
mikeschmeee

Drives: Mitsu Evo X & Subaru BRZ
looks sweet! Any plans on a lowering it/suspension?
Old 07-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #144
Khazzy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModalSoul37 View Post
Congrats on the springs, I'm debating on whether I want just the sport springs or the entire strut and spring set up...what did you decide to do if you don't mind me asking?
Just the springs. I do not like slamming a car. I did a Koni STR and Eibach spring setup on my Integra before. Loved it but it was too harsh in Nebraska. I currently love the STi Pinks on the stock struts right now. When those give, then I will find alternatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmeee View Post
looks sweet! Any plans on a lowering it/suspension?
Yes, I just got the STi pink springs installed. About a .5 inch drop all around. Also have the Cusco Strut tower bars installed front and rear.
The Following User Says Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
ModalSoul37 (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #145
ModalSoul37

Drives: 2014 Limited WR Blue Brz
[QUOTE=Khazzy;1827037]Just the springs. I do not like slamming a car. I did a Koni STR and Eibach spring setup on my Integra before. Loved it but it was too harsh in Nebraska. I currently love the STi Pinks on the stock struts right now. When those give, then I will find alternatives.

QUOTE]

I like the look of a slammed car, but my BRZ is my DD so slamming isn't very practical for me, especially since I'm gonna get the STi lip kit within a month or two...I like how the springs drop the car only 0.5 inch, very subtle but still noticeable, can't wait to see pics of it on yours....another quick question if you don't mind, will the STi pinks that you have fit onto the STi struts/coils (dampers) or is there a different set of springs for the struts/coils?
ModalSoul37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #146
Khazzy

Garage
[quote=ModalSoul37;1827170]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
Just the springs. I do not like slamming a car. I did a Koni STR and Eibach spring setup on my Integra before. Loved it but it was too harsh in Nebraska. I currently love the STi Pinks on the stock struts right now. When those give, then I will find alternatives.

QUOTE]

I like the look of a slammed car, but my BRZ is my DD so slamming isn't very practical for me, especially since I'm gonna get the STi lip kit within a month or two...I like how the springs drop the car only 0.5 inch, very subtle but still noticeable, can't wait to see pics of it on yours....another quick question if you don't mind, will the STi pinks that you have fit onto the STi struts/coils (dampers) or is there a different set of springs for the struts/coils?
The STi pinks are designed for the stock struts.
ModalSoul37 (07-02-2014)
Old 07-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #147
Khazzy

Garage
At the lake getting ready to watch fireworks. She was looking good.

chanomatik (07-05-2014)
Old 07-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #148
Khazzy

Garage
Showing the slight drop. Getting wheels done in a couple of weeks.

This is still sitting on 17s with the stock tires slightly stretched on a 7.5in rim.
chanomatik (07-13-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 12:47 AM   #149
JARE_ee
Alaska Roll Lover

Drives: Blue.Series.Aozora
hey, loving what you are doing !

was thinking about getting the sti kits as well ,

Where do you order them, and do you have to drill holes onto the front bumper, easy to install everything?

I looked online and japanparts.com has some intense shipping fees T_T

Last edited by JARE_ee; 07-09-2014 at 01:12 AM.
JARE_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #150
Khazzy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARE_ee View Post
hey, loving what you are doing !

was thinking about getting the sti kits as well ,

Where do you order them, and do you have to drill holes onto the front bumper, easy to install everything?

I looked online and japanparts.com has some intense shipping fees T_T
Thanks!

I got all of my stuff though a company called massdrop where they put the STi parts up on the site and got a small discount. They are not doing it anymore. Front bumper does not "require" holes to be drilled but I highly recommend it. Everything is a pretty easy install. Just measure more than 1 time and do not apply the tape until everything is squared away. Drilling will not be an issue as it is easy to mock up. Front bumper and wheel well fender lining in the front is the only drilling required.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #151
Khazzy

Garage
Well Japanparts got their crap together. Got the right pin stripes. Not a perfect install but it worked out fairly well.

Last edited by Khazzy; 07-13-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Khazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:56 PM   #152
horatioo

Drives: CBC
i gotta ask where did you get those TOM's shoulder seat belt pads?? i have been looking for a nice pair but can't seem to find the one like yours. can you post a link or the site where you ordered them from?
horatioo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #153
Khazzy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
not sure what you got planned for wheels, but some wider wheels and fatter tires will help fill in the gap (or 18s lol). Also i have to strongly recommend getting some camber bolts for the front for the alignment. My turn in response has drastically improved since i put mine on and got it aligned.
18x8.5 SSR GTV01's in Flat black running 245/40/18 tires on them. Alignment checked good when I got the springs installed. I do not want a slammed look. The current gap is actually okay with me. May look into camber bolts. Thanks for the advice.
Marchy (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #154
Khazzy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by horatioo View Post
i gotta ask where did you get those TOM's shoulder seat belt pads?? i have been looking for a nice pair but can't seem to find the one like yours. can you post a link or the site where you ordered them from?
guerillaracing.com