follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #15
Darkone

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Since I have searched seems to be allot of people saying the BRZ is more bang for your buck ....but the sales numbers show everyone buying the FRS - somewhere I read said almost 2 to 1.....is it because of the "86"
history? ....
Honestly, I may go the 86 I hate the Subaru dealership near me every time I have consider something there they wont make deals on the phone, dont negotiate and barely drop prices plus everyone there is a ****...seriously. Plus I like the way the front of the 86 looks better, I can get the TRD exhaust, like the spoiler better not a fan of the rear spoiler on the new BRZ either...but some of the things you just expect from a new car in 2017 like push button start, alcantara seats etc. really should be standard for a 26k car....Unsure what to do honestly...probably just negotiate different locations and whichever gets me the most loaded package for the least cost I will purchase it....

I really liked the FRS 2.0 but the dealerships are selling them for over 30k and they dont sell - they just sit there...based on new options makes that purchase stupid...

Last edited by Darkone; 01-01-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #16
Carbinebbq

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
Since I have searched seems to be allot of people saying the BRZ is more bang for your buck ....but the sales numbers show everyone buying the FRS - somewhere I read said almost 2 to 1.....is it because of the "86"
history? ....
Honestly, I may go the 86 I hate the Subaru dealership near me every time I have consider something there they wont make deals on the phone, dont negotiate and barely drop prices plus everyone there is a ****...seriously. Plus I like the way the front of the 86 looks better, I can get the TRD exhaust, like the spoiler better not a fan of the rear spoiler on the new BRZ either...but some of the things you just expect from a new car in 2017 like push button start, alcantara seats etc. really should be standard for a 26k car....Unsure what to do honestly...probably just negotiate different locations and whichever gets me the most loaded package for the least cost I will purchase it....

I really liked the FRS 2.0 but the dealerships are selling them for over 30k and they dont sell - they just sit there...based on new options makes that purchase stupid...
More FRS' were produced, same with the 86 from what I've heard. More available means there's more room to budge. At least that's the way it usually goes. I searched 5 dealerships in my location (SoCal) and I caught the one I wanted right as it came in (BRZ).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Carbinebbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:38 PM   #17
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
history? ....

Buy the RS 2.0. They will be desperate to get rid of their Scions.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:24 PM   #18
Darkone

Drives: BRZ
Their not so desperate....negotiated with multiple dealers/fools and the 2016 FRS 2.0 is still at 30k...I may be able to pick one up at around 25k...so considering that...
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #19
~el~jefe~
Banned

Drives: 2019 MX-5 RF
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
walk in with $7000 in cash, ask for financing, tell them you are buying it exactly 1000 dollars below MSRP, and you will have your car ordered by a salesperson at the end of the day. If you look like a doofus, it might take a few tries to do this. They are all lying to you and they are all scumbags. All car salesman are absolute scumbags. All. They would get fired if they were reasonable, bc all owners are demonic scumbags x2000.

so, just walk in, tell them what you are doing, if no immediate 10 second Ok, sure sign it and let's go, then leave them your number, tell them you can call me if you can figure out how to do it, and go on your way. This is how you do it with all these ordered cars. Some people on these forums saying they are getting like 1100 or so BELOW INVOICE, dont bother with such things, theres more to the story and it is doubtful unless something is hidden from their forum post. 1000 less than MSRP is standard sale for all cars, and if it not in stock, it is difficult to squeeze out more than that without some luck.

Oh, another thing, anything above 5.5% financing is a lie and they are attempting to seriously steal from you if offered that. Either you are credit worthy or not, the rest is commission $$.
~el~jefe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:27 PM   #20
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
It's the same car with different badges. The Subaru badges are just better though. And the Limited has bun warmers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:16 PM   #21
Psilox

Drives: Nothing yet!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~el~jefe~ View Post
walk in with $7000 in cash, ask for financing, tell them you are buying it exactly 1000 dollars below MSRP, and you will have your car ordered by a salesperson at the end of the day. If you look like a doofus, it might take a few tries to do this. They are all lying to you and they are all scumbags. All car salesman are absolute scumbags. All. They would get fired if they were reasonable, bc all owners are demonic scumbags x2000.

so, just walk in, tell them what you are doing, if no immediate 10 second Ok, sure sign it and let's go, then leave them your number, tell them you can call me if you can figure out how to do it, and go on your way. This is how you do it with all these ordered cars. Some people on these forums saying they are getting like 1100 or so BELOW INVOICE, dont bother with such things, theres more to the story and it is doubtful unless something is hidden from their forum post. 1000 less than MSRP is standard sale for all cars, and if it not in stock, it is difficult to squeeze out more than that without some luck.

Oh, another thing, anything above 5.5% financing is a lie and they are attempting to seriously steal from you if offered that. Either you are credit worthy or not, the rest is commission $$.
I don't know, here in Oregon I was able to find MULTIPLE dealers who straight up gave me a quote with a very reasonable discount from MSRP, including the Performance Package, and were also very pleasant people. In fact I was looking at lower than 1100 below MSRP (I was quoted 28K, +- a couple of hundred depending on the dealer).

I think it really depends on your area and the particular dealership.
Psilox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:31 PM   #22
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~el~jefe~ View Post
One HUGE advantage to toyota is the ability to negotiate heavy as 86's are in stock items i noticed, not many, but subaru has 0 stock. An in stock at the end of the month plus some good hard negotiations could score a great deal
Yeah, when visiting my family during the holidays, I drove by the dealerships in this area, and there's a Subaru dealership and a Toyota dealership separated by one other dealership. I didn't find any new BRZs at Subaru, but there were at least two 86s at Toyota. But that's fairly representative of the difference in their numbers.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeeezNuuuts83 For This Useful Post:
~el~jefe~ (01-02-2017)
Old 01-01-2017, 11:57 PM   #23
Carbinebbq

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
It's the same car with different badges. The Subaru badges are just better though. And the Limited has bun warmers.
Them bum warmers though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Carbinebbq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carbinebbq For This Useful Post:
Allch Chcar (01-02-2017), funwheeldrive (01-02-2017), ~el~jefe~ (01-02-2017)
Old 01-02-2017, 03:37 AM   #24
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
it took me almost 2 years to figure out the seat heaters had a low and high setting... lol. I never looked at the thick and skinny blocks closely enough to tell. but then again, I only use it for a few weeks out of the year anyways.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:13 AM   #25
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I would only look at a brz. Performance package and better looks.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:51 AM   #26
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
there are some minor differences between the brz and frs. Mostly comes down to features and options. Also cars.com is a great resource. Dealers have cars from a few years ago on their lots still.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #27
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I guess the local dealer has a 2017 86 listed at $32,477.

I feel really bad if someone actually pays that.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to funwheeldrive For This Useful Post:
~el~jefe~ (01-03-2017)
Old 01-02-2017, 11:42 AM   #28
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
it took me almost 2 years to figure out the seat heaters had a low and high setting... lol. I never looked at the thick and skinny blocks closely enough to tell. but then again, I only use it for a few weeks out of the year anyways.
That's really funny. HA! I would use it 6 months of the year. It gets in the low 40's some mornings. Occasionally the 30's but never for more than a few days. Which is not enough to wear more than two or three layers, so I usually just shiver until the car warms up. So for 5 minutes in the morning it would be nice. The fog lights I would use half the year too. Highway 101 can get pretty foggy. It gets thick in the valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote