follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #43
RockySDS
Almost ******

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defuser View Post
I'd like to see how all that power gets turned into motion. Will there just be a massive burn-out and wall of smoke...wheels spinning ferociously as the rubber refuses to grip?

I met a guy 20 years ago who put a Corvette engine into a Porsche 918. His main issue was keeping rubber in contact with the pavement, and that was with the engine much closer to the rear wheels.

In any case, this build is impressive and I look forward to seeing the results.
Honestly even in the ~250 mi we've put on her the weather hasn't been above 65 degrees, so the tires were never "fully" warmed up. Running Yoko AD08R's on all 4. But we're looking forward to seeing what these can do in conjunction with Delicious' traction control. I can say right out of the box the traction control is pretty amazing. We'll really put her to the test here shortly
RockySDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #44
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockySDS View Post
Thanks man, definitely appreciate the respect. The gearbox is holding up like a champ, about 250 miles on the build that's really it at this point because of the snow on the ground. I'll let you know more when we leave for TX2K in a couple weeks!

Built for longevity. And track time. And keeping it together while we do the latter. Can't wait to take it to the track and provide some feedback.

Also, here's a little update on how she sits with the new Revv livery

JEEEEEESUSSSSSZZZZ.
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Koa For This Useful Post:
meWant (02-25-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #45
fika84

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
You didn't buy snow tires for the winter??? JK. Badass build guys. I've loved reading your progress as time has gone by and I can't wait to have Mark at SCR do some magic to an engine of mine one day! I actually think I saw your motor up there one day when my wife and I went to visit.
fika84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fika84 For This Useful Post:
RockySDS (02-26-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 06:42 PM   #46
RockySDS
Almost ******

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fika84 View Post
You didn't buy snow tires for the winter??? JK. Badass build guys. I've loved reading your progress as time has gone by and I can't wait to have Mark at SCR do some magic to an engine of mine one day! I actually think I saw your motor up there one day when my wife and I went to visit.
With this weather I'm thinking about it haha, chomping at the bit to get her out! Yeah man Mark @ SCR is the man and Peter the lead tech there definitely knows his stuff. Super grateful that we had such a stellar team with so much experience working on the build. Highly recommend those guys
RockySDS is offline   Reply With Quote