follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 06-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #1625
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
Mmmm 11 PSI? daaang Did you go with the upgraded map sensor?

Do you have a EBC now? Did the delicious map remove the random cases of RPMs dropping while idling? I hate when it drops down to 500rpm..sounds bad, looks bad, etc
Yeah you need the MAP sensor for a speed density tune. I also have the ECU controlled boost controller, so my switchable maps dictate how much boost i have.

Map1: 91 oct spring pressure (no race rom)
Map2: 94 oct spring pressure (launch control and autoblip)
Map3: 94 oct 11psi

The idle dip happens when your ac engages. I don't think there's any way to permanently get rid of it, but the idling is fine with the speed density tune from Delicious. With the AC off, the idle is 100% rock solid. It does the odd dip when the ac engages and disengages, but not bad at all. It does not drop to 500 at all, nowhere near.

The car is nuts with this tune. Full boost seems to come on around 3k or just after, but then then it goes bat shit crazy again at 6k rpm. I'm not even sure how to describe it, but it wasn't like that on the old tune. I'm guessing it's advancing the timing like crazy and adjusting the vvti.
SkAsphalt (06-04-2014)
Old 06-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #1626
MrJesse

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Anyone happen to be looking to buy borla uel headers? I had my replacement headers come in after my old ones started rattling. I figured there was no point of me putting them on since I'm going FI. If someone local is interested, let me know.
MrJesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrJesse For This Useful Post:
JPxM0Dz (06-09-2014)
Old 06-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #1627
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJesse View Post
Anyone happen to be looking to buy borla uel headers? I had my replacement headers come in after my old ones started rattling. I figured there was no point of me putting them on since I'm going FI. If someone local is interested, let me know.

Yeah I might take them off your hands if you give me a sweet deal I don't plan on F1 for awhile yet, too many other mods to do first

Just ordered these today

@MrJesse Maybe we can work out a deal on a partial trade also. I have an ECUTEK cable and dongle which I assume you will need, unless you already have one ? Not using anymore now that I have OFT

Last edited by JPxM0Dz; 06-09-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: UPDATE
JPxM0Dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #1628
R2

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
Yeah I might take them off your hands if you give me a sweet deal I don't plan on F1 for awhile yet, too many other mods to do first

Just ordered these today

@MrJesse Maybe we can work out a deal on a partial trade also. I have an ECUTEK cable and dongle which I assume you will need, unless you already have one ? Not using anymore now that I have OFT

You ordered the under body aero panels? Where from? I've been considering them, but I find the shipping cost is too prohibitive.
R2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #1629
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2 View Post
You ordered the under body aero panels? Where from? I've been considering them, but I find the shipping cost is too prohibitive.

Well I considered ordering them from here https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/oe_parts_cat.html You will need to know all the parts numbers which I have if you need them. But the cost was the same as ordering from JapanParts when we calculated shipping, brokerage etc. Basically the same cost from either or, I just preferred getting them directly from JP. I paid $165US Plus $140 shipping

I also considered checking with local dealer, but ended up just ordered the damn things

Last edited by JPxM0Dz; 06-09-2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: EDIT
Old 06-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #1630
TB

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
White BRZ going into stonebridge saw me in my white FRS, anyone on here?
TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #1631
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB View Post
White BRZ going into stonebridge saw me in my white FRS, anyone on here?

I don't think he or she is in here. There's only a handful of us that are enthusiasts so far. Hope this changes soon in the future to breath some life back into the SK thread
Old 06-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #1632
TB

That's too bad, I agree though! It would be awesome to see another 86 and know who it is. Hopefully we can have a good showing at either cruise weekend in Saskatoon or fallout!
The Following User Says Thank You to TB For This Useful Post:
Nsot (06-12-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #1633
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB View Post
That's too bad, I agree though! It would be awesome to see another 86 and know who it is. Hopefully we can have a good showing at either cruise weekend in Saskatoon or fallout!

It's been two years since I picked my BRZ and as far as I know, mine is the only one in this area. I've seen the odd FR-S around, but nothing local. It's kind of shocking to me as my car gets tons of comments and turns heads where ever I go. The local Toyota dealer brought in a 2014 FR-S about a month or so ago and it's still sitting on their lot. There's no shortage of enthusiasts in this town either, lots of STi's, EVO's, Vets, Porches, Camaro's, Genesis, SI etc.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #1634
TB

Quote:
It's been two years since I picked my BRZ and as far as I know, mine is the only one in this area. I've seen the odd FR-S around, but nothing local. It's kind of shocking to me as my car gets tons of comments and turns heads where ever I go. The local Toyota dealer brought in a 2014 FR-S about a month or so ago and it's still sitting on their lot. There's no shortage of enthusiasts in this town either, lots of STi's, EVO's, Vets, Porches, Camaro's, Genesis, SI etc.
That is surprising! I know the FRS that was at the Toyota deer ship in Saskatoon got snatched up by a young guy within a week.

Actually, my bud was just in Moose Jaw and calls me freaking out. "Man I just saw a sick blue BRZ, slammed with nice wheels. I tried getting a picture of it for you but couldn't. You should do that to you car!" I immediately knew which one he was talking about too haha. So yeah I agree your car gets lots of comments!
The Following User Says Thank You to TB For This Useful Post:
JPxM0Dz (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #1635
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
My car gets special treatment at Regina Scion...well not "special treatment" but they like when I show up to their events, let me park right up by their dealer cars and booths etc (That was nice at Defrost when the lot was full)

Regina's FRS scene is growing, saw a red one today. The person did not notice me I think... my car is still pretty much a sleeper from the outside (besides the crazy obvious brembo's up front haha)
Old 06-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #1636
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
My car gets special treatment at Regina Scion...well not "special treatment" but they like when I show up to their events, let me park right up by their dealer cars and booths etc (That was nice at Defrost when the lot was full)

Regina's FRS scene is growing, saw a red one today. The person did not notice me I think... my car is still pretty much a sleeper from the outside (besides the crazy obvious brembo's up front haha)

I haven't heard a peep from my dealer Regina Auto Gallery since purchase...

It's like I never even bought a car from them, maybe I didn't buy a BRZ back in June of 2012? I just blew my mind
Old 06-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #1637
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Finally ordered my replacement head unit

I got a like new Pioneer AVH-P8400BH full retail package if anyone is interested? Was used only a few times and mint

Last edited by JPxM0Dz; 06-11-2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: EDIT
Old 06-11-2014, 12:18 AM   #1638
Jlturner

Drives: Scion fr-s
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Finally ordered my replacement head unit

I got a like new Pioneer AVH-X8400BH full retail package if anyone is interested? Was used only a few times and mint

I need new HU! How much do you want for it?

Jlturner is offline   Reply With Quote