follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-11-2016, 10:33 AM   #169
vfrqqq
Ultra Senior Member

Drives: 2014 BRZ Premium, WRB
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
There have been multiple people utilizing usb to serial adapters. Several of whom o have helped.

The procede checks the files after loading, so it should be fine. But if you don't trust my word for it you can wait for @Shiv@Openflash . (Not trying to be mean or anything here. I understand being conservative.)

As for my procede tune here you go!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...kxNcUdvWGtqMG8

Since you have the serial procede follow this after loading the map.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...VlGOG5lV1dqWE0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...G5NRC10a2FoenM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome. As always, much appreciated!
vfrqqq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vfrqqq For This Useful Post:
Sojhinn (01-11-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 01:42 PM   #170
BRZ-y

Drives: Brz limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
@vfrqqq
Yes. It is unfortunate that there is no documentation anywhere for the install and setup of the PROCEDE controller that Shiv is sending out. They don't match the version that is in Sojhinn's install videos and will require additional purchasing of a RS-232 to USB converter cable.

You have to install the appropriate drivers for the converter cable first onto your computer and make sure that your computer recognizes the new hardware (serial converter).

Then install the procede software.

You must get familiar with the device manager in windows and setting the comm port (ex: COMM3)

Then plug into the Procede in the car and turn on the car.
Open Procede software.
Then in Procede software Select Comm3 to match.
Then online/offline to connect.
At this point the idle should start to show live.

Then follow sojhinn's directions for Fuel Control, fuel output, and change to Analogue Output 3.

You will have to do this every time you load a new map to the PROCEDE.

@Sojhinn was extremely helpful in troubleshooting this for me. Once I'm back in town I'll try to put together a detailed write up so that future PROCEDEr's don't go through the pains I did.

Quote:
There have been multiple people utilizing usb to serial adapters. Several of whom o have helped.

The procede checks the files after loading, so it should be fine. But if you don't trust my word for it you can wait for @Shiv@Openflash . (Not trying to be mean or anything here. I understand being conservative.)

As for my procede tune here you go!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...kxNcUdvWGtqMG8

Since you have the serial procede follow this after loading the map.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...VlGOG5lV1dqWE0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...G5NRC10a2FoenM

BRZ-y is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRZ-y For This Useful Post:
keen as (01-13-2016), vfrqqq (01-11-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 11:19 PM   #171
shaynek

Drives: BRZ Limited; GR86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey guys so I have the newest procede controller and i have a version 1 esc. My esc switch (no partial boost) is a straight wire brown/black (no aux) which goes to the phantom controller. Does anyone know which wire (brown or black) i need to cut and attach to the Procede? I'm guessing brown wire since black is most likely ground
shaynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:59 PM   #172
BRZ-y

Drives: Brz limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
replied to your pm. Let me know if you got the v3 upgrade back from Rob?
if not and you only have 2 wires coming out of the controller, then email Rob. He should be able to respond promptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaynek View Post
Hey guys so I have the newest procede controller and i have a version 1 esc. My esc switch (no partial boost) is a straight wire brown/black (no aux) which goes to the phantom controller. Does anyone know which wire (brown or black) i need to cut and attach to the Procede? I'm guessing brown wire since black is most likely ground
BRZ-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:38 PM   #173
shaynek

Drives: BRZ Limited; GR86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
hey guys following shivs instruction i cannot install the procede software on my computer. i turned off wifi and started the driver install nothing happened and i connected the procede to my computer. it can't find the driver. any help would be appreciated it!
shaynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:19 PM   #174
keen as

Drives: 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
The following problem has been partly solved.
Problem with Procede not sending full signal to the ESC controller and hence the ESC not delivering full boost.

After uploading a procede map, and calibrating the throttle, I noticed that the boost was down by more than 1psi. I have a switchable setup with the Procede and the 2 stage switch at the throttle pedal. I can choose which system to use by flicking a switch I have installed. The difference in power between both at full throttle was very noticeable.

I contacted Shiv and asked if the Procede software has a way to set it's 0-5V output to the ESC controller . Shiv's reply “The Procede’s 0-5v output can be adjusted in the inappropriately named “Fuel Table 1” -100 should be 0v. +100 should be 5v. You should be able to measure this on the signal output wire going to the ESC controller. You may have to as Rob but the ESC should be at full speed with anything over 4v”

There is no table.
I checked the signal voltages.
While the laptop was connected to the procede, I entered 100 in a cell. While accelerator depressed, I saw that cell "light up" and the signal went from 0 to 4.09V.
I switched to throttle switch and at 100% throttle, the signal went to 5.1V.

After 3 more emails to Shiv requesting help to get the full signal voltage, he replied and stated he would need to do some testing and requested a copy of the map I uploaded. That was 13 days ago.

I decided to try again. I deleted Procede software from the laptop, re-installed it and uploaded someone elses map (Thanks SOJHINNrev2)

I now have full boost.

I noticed that while connected to the Procede software, the throttle only travelled (lit up cells in the table) to the 80 column.

However, with the previous map, I had calibrated the throttle and the throttle travelled to 100, as expected for correct calibration of throttle, but did not get full boost (and output of lower signal voltage as described above).

My next experiment will be to copy the throttle range values from the working map.

I am disappointed with Shiv's product service and troubleshooting. I am an enthusiast and will fiddle with things and I needed to do this to cope with the poor service.
Attached Images

keen as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #175
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen as View Post
The following problem has been partly solved.
Problem with Procede not sending full signal to the ESC controller and hence the ESC not delivering full boost.

After uploading a procede map, and calibrating the throttle, I noticed that the boost was down by more than 1psi. I have a switchable setup with the Procede and the 2 stage switch at the throttle pedal. I can choose which system to use by flicking a switch I have installed. The difference in power between both at full throttle was very noticeable.

I contacted Shiv and asked if the Procede software has a way to set it's 0-5V output to the ESC controller . Shiv's reply “The Procede’s 0-5v output can be adjusted in the inappropriately named “Fuel Table 1” -100 should be 0v. +100 should be 5v. You should be able to measure this on the signal output wire going to the ESC controller. You may have to as Rob but the ESC should be at full speed with anything over 4v”

There is no table.
I checked the signal voltages.
While the laptop was connected to the procede, I entered 100 in a cell. While accelerator depressed, I saw that cell "light up" and the signal went from 0 to 4.09V.
I switched to throttle switch and at 100% throttle, the signal went to 5.1V.

After 3 more emails to Shiv requesting help to get the full signal voltage, he replied and stated he would need to do some testing and requested a copy of the map I uploaded. That was 13 days ago.

I decided to try again. I deleted Procede software from the laptop, re-installed it and uploaded someone elses map (Thanks SOJHINNrev2)

I now have full boost.

I noticed that while connected to the Procede software, the throttle only travelled (lit up cells in the table) to the 80 column.

However, with the previous map, I had calibrated the throttle and the throttle travelled to 100, as expected for correct calibration of throttle, but did not get full boost (and output of lower signal voltage as described above).

My next experiment will be to copy the throttle range values from the working map.

I am disappointed with Shiv's product service and troubleshooting. I am an enthusiast and will fiddle with things and I needed to do this to cope with the poor service.

Keen to just get this straight you basically removed the software and reinstalled it? And then loaded my map and that fixed it?

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
keen as (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 10:35 PM   #176
keen as

yes, got full boost back. However, the throttle back to 0-80 travel (ie uncalibrated), which is OK, because this column has 100 values in it.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:35 PM   #177
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
yes, got full boost back. However, the throttle back to 0-80 travel (ie uncalibrated)

Try recalibrating and see what happens.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Old 06-21-2016, 10:38 PM   #178
keen as

Quote:
Try recalibrating and see what happens.

I will try this on your map later.
The latest is I have tried my original map that is calibrated. The problem recurred.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:39 PM   #179
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

PROcede ESC User Software!

Quote:
I will try this on your map later.
The latest is I have tried my original map that is calibrated. The problem recurred.

Ok so it has to do with the throttle recalibrating. Looks like there's a bug there.
@Shiv@Openflash

Any guidance?

I'll try taking a look at the software and see if there's a setting.

Installed Mods:
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
keen as (06-21-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 12:16 AM   #180
keen as

Quote:
Ok so it has to do with the throttle recalibrating. Looks like there's a bug there.
@Shiv@Openflash

Any guidance?

I'll try taking a look at the software and see if there's a setting.

I tested both original (non throttle calibrated) map and then calibrated map. The problem (described previously of less boost) only occurs after throttle calibration.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keen as For This Useful Post:
KoolBRZ (06-22-2016), Sojhinn (06-22-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #181
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Some of the settings are different

Some of the settings are different on Sohjinn's map's versus other's. My maps use a different set of load points then Sohjinn's. See pics below. Default throttle calibration is not the same either, 0 -1023 for Sohjinn's, and 149 - 808 for mine, saved after calibration. Perhaps by manually entering the max number after calibrating, it would be possible to ensure 100% throttle, (5V output) at a bit less than full pedal travel. For instance, my throttle measures 808 at full travel, by setting the upper limit to 775, I could ensure full throttle anywhere close to full pedal travel. On the other hand, if there is a hidden default coming into play when full pedal travel is exceeded, then I should only use the calibrated minimum number, 149, and manually set the maximum calibration to 1023. @keen as, can you try out throttle calibration on your rig with two maps. One the first one calibrate the throttle like normal, saving minimum and maximum's. On the second map, calibrate like normal, saving minimum and maximum's, then manually change the throttle max to 1023. A simple test of both should tell us if there is a hidden default affecting max throttle.
Attached Images

keen as (06-22-2016)
Old 06-22-2016, 05:03 PM   #182
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
Some of the settings are different on Sohjinn's map's versus other's. My maps use a different set of load points then Sohjinn's. See pics below. Default throttle calibration is not the same either, 0 -1023 for Sohjinn's, and 149 - 808 for mine, saved after calibration. Perhaps by manually entering the max number after calibrating, it would be possible to ensure 100% throttle, (5V output) at a bit less than full pedal travel. For instance, my throttle measures 808 at full travel, by setting the upper limit to 775, I could ensure full throttle anywhere close to full pedal travel. On the other hand, if there is a hidden default coming into play when full pedal travel is exceeded, then I should only use the calibrated minimum number, 149, and manually set the maximum calibration to 1023. @keen as, can you try out throttle calibration on your rig with two maps. One the first one calibrate the throttle like normal, saving minimum and maximum's. On the second map, calibrate like normal, saving minimum and maximum's, then manually change the throttle max to 1023. A simple test of both should tell us if there is a hidden default affecting max throttle.

I'll mess with this when I get home.

Installed Mods: