follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #1205
Sitha

Drives: Scion FRS (pearl white) slap shift
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew_dice27 View Post
Did someone put a gun to your head and forced you to buy it?
"I bought a brand new car but I'm going to post about things I hate about it anyways for sympathy"
Are you dumb. Is this thread about what you hate about the car. And those will be swapped out shortly
Sitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #1206
Sitha

Drives: Scion FRS (pearl white) slap shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46toFT86 View Post
Your cousins and yourself sound insecure. Tell them to F off. I came from a E46 M3 you don't see me getting butt hurt and hating on people bc I have a fr-s. if it bothers you and hate being seen in a scion sell it.02
My cousins hating on me is a joke lol they just jelly
Sitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #1207
BadMoon

Drives: 2014 GLI Autobahn/Nav
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoon View Post
Me personally I can't stand the seat belt digging into my neck when I'm not using the guide. So I bought some pads. Easy fix.
I should have added paint chips. Damn I've had the car 3 weeks and already have several.
BadMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #1208
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitigir View Post
You dont have to own a car to know how it drive or know about it. Things people shop for car looking for is

Their needs vs the car performance. As long as u r satisfied with the car u buy, that is the only thing matter. I still see people driving smart car, not because it s slow.

A sport enthusiast young mom doesnt have to own every sport coupe/sedan/cross over/hatch/rwd/fwd/awd to finally own a VAN!

With that being said, you can bias toward the purchase you made, and the passion you have. Many other are just simply shoppers who still carefully wage, and debate the car performance and the needs they demand. There is nothing wrong with that.

Standing by your point of view as in "dont own one, dont criticize one" then Jeremy Clarkson is just a clown, and the same as all of those sponsored/non sponsored Magazine ?

Many hate how the car is without turbo. Even Ford has eco boost every where, not for performance alone, but emmission and mpg requirements. Why cant Toyota ? Because they dont, that explain why many still criticize and not buying.
@nalc said it well above..
"I don't get it. IMO, the point of this thread should be "What annoying little things bother you now, that you didn't really know about or didn't think you'd mind when you bought the car, or what drawbacks did the car have that were insignificant enough that they didn't stop you from buying it, but you'd like to see improved?"

To that extent, I'm completely fine with comments like "I think the stock wheels are ugly" or "I don't like that it's sold in the US as a Scion rather than a Toyota as in the rest of the world" or "The crickets are annoying" or "It really needs a center console armrest". Maybe that's stuff that Toyota/Subaru will hear, and will fix in future model years. Wheel changes, minor interior piece changes, option package adjustments, all that stuff can be done annually.

I don't get the posts that are like "I hate my BRZ for not being a WRX STI". Really? You didn't know off the bat that it wasn't turbo and wasn't AWD?

There are some legitimate gripes with this car that I think should be fixed. I've got the Toyota Europe armrest (The lack thereof being a very high one on this list), and IMO, that should have been installed from the factory, I should not needed to have spent near $200 and drilled up my center console for it. The BRZ navradio GUI should definitely have the soft buttons along the bottom so that they're easy to reach by feel, rather than having a tiny button somewhere in the middle of the screen.

But "I really wanted it to be as fast and luxurious as a Ferrari 458 Italia, but cheap as a Ford Fiesta" are pretty dumb.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #1209
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The fuel pump noise. It sounds bad and I am constantly getting people who ask if I abuse the car. That sound really sends the wrong message and is not being fixed fast enough. I really don't get why this is not getting more attention from Toyota.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #1210
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Quote:
I never said about BRZ or STI, AWD or not, neither the pricing. I am just simply saying.

FT86, if you could have gone Turbo from Stock, you would gain much more Sales, and Customers, I am included.

Simple, isn't it ? Again, a person doesn't need to Own the car to say "Ugly Stock Wheels, or Why no Turbo ?"

Now, if Toyota or Subaru decide they want that, good, they gain more sales. If not, those people will buy other cars. Another Simple point

Now the topic was "What you hate the most on your FR-S"....I stated what I hate the most, and it is the same for many others "Duhh, No Turbo"

Now if to change the topic as of what you dislike about the car when you actually own it. I don't own one, so I don't hate it, but I HEARD that people hate the Torque DIP in it. I also test drove one, and I confirm that
It says on YOUR frs.. This thread is riddled with your comparisons of Mitsubishi and turbos galore.. Who cares.. Go to FRS vs the world and complain there..
This is for those who obviously Cared enough and liked it enough to BUY it.
The thread makes sense from that perspective.. All you have to do is read it to see.. You can play on the words all you want on what it means.. But it's obvious to everyone else on here..
No sense in arguing with you.. Don't feed the trolls..
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #1211
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem53 View Post
It says on YOUR frs.. This thread is riddled with your comparisons of Mitsubishi and turbos galore.. Who cares.. Go to FRS vs the world and complain there..
The thread makes sense from that perspective.. All you have to do is read it to see.. You can play on the words all you want on what it means.. But it's obvious to everyone else on here..
Lol Mikem53, you are being Funny. You gotta realize why I don't have the post that you Quoted. I don't want to go off thread again, but I never mention about any Mitsubishi here. It came off first from you LOL!
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #1212
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem53 View Post
This. Leave the thread for people who actually own one and have legitimate gripes about things that can and most likely will be fixed.

For those of you who don't own the car and don't understand why it does not have a turbo go back and read through the interviews with Tada and it is explained. The point of the car was not to get into a horsepower war on the stock car with Mustang, Camaro, etc. The point of the car was to build a really fun and engaging sports car centered around the driver. Tada and others completely recognize that people will want more power, but that is what aftermarket is for. Tuners will tune. Will Toyota and Subaru build a more powerful version down the road stock? Probably. Maybe. Who knows, the lack of a turbo charger/supercharger offered stock does not seem to be hurting sales. In many places there are still wait lists and dealers still making up the cars or selling them at invoice due to demand.

I have two gripes with the car (okay three). The stock nav unit in the BRZ Limited could be better. And by better I mean just being a little more responsive and having larger buttons and the option to customize the gui interface.

My other complaint, which is minor, is that I miss having a sunglasses holder. Although I will say my Genesis Coupe had one and the thing was a rattle trap and, even after being replaced, continued to be a rattle trap.

The third complaint is that I wish you had the option of keeping the Primacy tires or going with better performance tires that had slightly more grip.

Other than that, the car has been perfect and is everything I thought it would be when I bought it.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 AM   #1213
polarstorm

Drives: Scion FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitha View Post
HATE THE STOCK RIMS. HATE HOW IT'S NOT TURBOED. HATE HOW MY COUSINS MAKE FUN OF ME BECAUSE IT'S A SCION

Why does Scion attract people with issues?

It's a fraking car,drive it.
polarstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polarstorm For This Useful Post:
DylanFRS (06-19-2013), strat61caster (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #1214
sprintertrueno86

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMoon View Post
Me personally I can't stand the seat belt digging into my neck when I'm not using the guide. So I bought some pads. Easy fix.
+1

Need to buy some pads.
sprintertrueno86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #1215
lucius

Drives: Toyota 86 Pearl White
I would like a better quality interior. The more I do long trips, the more things start to make noises. kinda irretating..
lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #1216
ntron1
Sarcastic Bastard

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ, '13 Mini, 1999 Blazer
Quote:
I hate it the most that it DOESNT HAVE a Turbo.....
I hate that it did not come with 24K gold bars in the trunk. But then again, I knew that going in and bought it anyway.

Just curious how long you have owned YOURS?

Oh and I hate that they made me pay for it instead of giving it to me for free.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #1217
WolfpackS2k

Drives: '12 C63 P31, '23 GRC
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,185 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalc View Post
Yeah. It doesn't seem all that long ago that the internet was bursting with excitement when a mainstream, affordable 100bhp/L NA car was available (I want to say it was a Civic Si a couple years ago), now everyone on here is like "Come on, we need more" or "Maybe next year they'll increase it to 225bhp". I'm not getting my hopes up. I thought the 10:1 compression ratio in my old VQ30DE was impressive, now I've got 12.5:1 on the FA20, with variable valve timing and direct injection (making more power than the VQ30DE did with 50% more displacement, albeit with significantly less torque). I'm no engine builder, but it seems to me like they already threw most of the tricks up their sleeve into getting everything they could out of the FA. I don't think there's a whole lot left on the table, when you consider that the FB20 in the Impreza that this motor was developed from was making only 148bhp from the same displacement.
Playing devil's advocate here, but the B16A engine with 100hp/liter was available in Japan in 1989 and here in the US in the Del Sol VTEC (dunno what year that was, 93/94?). Granted these engines were lacking (significantly) in the torque dept, even compared to the FA20. However to say "it doesn't seem all that long ago" isn't really accurate. 20-24 years ago is pretty darn long ago
Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 AM   #1218
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Yeah Honda and Toyota have been doing 100 hp/L out of small displacement NA engines seemingly forever using VTEC/VVTL. The only thing different this time is that Subaru/Toyota used DI instead of variable-lift cams to get 100hp/L out of this engine.

What I want to see is a combination of DI + VVTL in a small displacement engine. Might have to switch to an inline layout to keep the cost and complexity down, but I'd fully expect to see 125 hp/L or more out of a setup like that.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ha ha!, hate, playerhatersball, potatopants