follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #29
jeebus

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT (on order)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I find it hard to believe that anyone with a BRZ would try to race a cobra.
jeebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #30
MiguelAE86

Drives: NB Miata
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Honestly, the fact that these "sports car owners" don't know anything about the BRZ or FR-S says a LOT about the Scion/Subaru Marketing Departments in the U.S.!

If it were me, i would personally make a marketing campaign around the fact that Subaru+Toyota came together to make these cars, much like in the same spirit of the Olympic Games currently going on. (people coming together, etc.) It doesn't have to be Olympic-Themed, but have a voice-over saying a witty remark regarding the connection.

But oh well, what do i know, I'm just a teenager.
MiguelAE86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MiguelAE86 For This Useful Post:
20valvewynn83 (07-30-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #31
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
BRZ driver probably just wanted to see the Cobra go. Just putting your foot down in an 86 ought to tell you it's going to be eaten alive by any muscle car in a drag race.

I like the "Nice Kill" comments. Aside from the street racing aspect, that's not very brag worthy if you ask me.
On an unrelated note, I microwaved a burrito earlier guys, took mad skill yo. Hit it with a devastating "Quick Minute." Didn't stand a chance against my baby's 1200 watts.

Quote:
Wished they had put the STI turbo motor and AWD system into that car.
They did, it's called... an STi...
MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MmmHamSandwich For This Useful Post:
20valvewynn83 (07-30-2012), eblamble3 (07-29-2012), ill86 (07-30-2012), schoenberg (07-30-2012), Shinobi2u (07-30-2012), Spaceywilly (07-29-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #32
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Bang for buck, the mustang is a great platform. Fast in a straight line and can be made to handle for less than an 86 can be made to accelerate.
First of all, I think once a SC is available the cost of "go fast" for the 86 will be on par with the cost to make a Mustang "turn".

Second, it might be a great bang for the buck but so is marrying an ugly girl, doesn't mean I want to. It's nice to have a wife you aren't ashamed to take out in public.
rice_classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:05 AM   #33
20valvewynn83

Drives: 2013 FRS/01 Tacoma
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zex View Post
Did anyone read the posts on that thread?
They sound like a bnch of aholes
i did and i was thinking the same thing. even they guys in the same forum were talking trash to each other.
20valvewynn83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:17 AM   #34
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
First of all, I think once a SC is available the cost of "go fast" for the 86 will be on par with the cost to make a Mustang "turn".
If I wasn't against using quotes in my sig, this would be there. Smart man.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:56 AM   #35
dnL

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So I don't ever do this (much less post about it), but while I was taking out my WRX the other day between sandwich breaks, I ran across a silver Prius. Those of you who live in the bay area know what I'm talking about. I kept seeing him staring at me at the stop light, like he wanted some of this. I guess he heard me as I rolled up to the light, with my sick Boxer rumble.

But anyway, I'll make this short and sweet. He decided to mess with me, turning off his engine and sipping his soy latte like the mother earth he was, even though I'm chillin with my E40 on. I really didn't want to embarrass him in front of who I'm guessing was his hot girlfriend, but he just rubbed me the wrong way with his polo shirt and rugged good looks. So we gunned it at the green light and well... I'll let you finish the rest. After that, he didn't try anything again.

I think I hit 35 before he even let off the brakes, and I just DESTROYED that thing by lengths that would even boggle Bill Nye's mind. It's like it didn't even move. Why did they even put such weak engines in those things? Now I understand that they were made for mileage and efficiency, but what a POS otherwise.

After that, I patted myself on the back. I felt good. Like I was awesome. No, wait...I AM awesome.

[end of spoof. this is a fake story. just poking fun at the OP's link's OP.]

Last edited by dnL; 07-30-2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: added clarification that this is a joke... in case anyone missed it
dnL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dnL For This Useful Post:
F3dzo (07-30-2012), ill86 (07-30-2012), MrMarinakos (12-02-2013), Turbowned (08-03-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #36
Shinobi2u

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnL View Post
So I don't ever do this (much less post about it), but while I was taking out my WRX the other day between sandwich breaks, I ran across a silver Prius. Those of you who live in the bay area know what I'm talking about. I kept seeing him staring at me at the stop light, like he wanted some of this. I guess he heard me as I rolled up to the light, with my sick Boxer rumble.

But anyway, I'll make this short and sweet. He decided to mess with me, turning off his engine and sipping his soy latte like the mother earth he was, even though I'm chillin with my E40 on. I really didn't want to embarrass him in front of who I'm guessing was his hot girlfriend, but he just rubbed me the wrong way with his polo shirt and rugged good looks. So we gunned it at the green light and well... I'll let you finish the rest. After that, he didn't try anything again.

I think I hit 35 before he even let off the brakes, and I just DESTROYED that thing by lengths that would even boggle Bill Nye's mind. It's like it didn't even move. Why did they even put such weak engines in those things? Now I understand that they were made for mileage and efficiency, but what a POS otherwise.

After that, I patted myself on the back. I felt good. Like I was awesome. No, wait...I AM awesome.
And somewhere out there on a Prius forum (it must exist, right?), they are talking about those Subaru assholes driving all fast and thinking we're so awesome and talking shit about them while they try on that new polo they just bought and sip their soy lattes.

In all seriousness, this forum has overall been very chill. I've seen people butt heads with each other and tempers flare at times, but its been mostly positive.
Shinobi2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:24 AM   #37
dnL

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi2u View Post
And somewhere out there on a Prius forum (it must exist, right?), they are talking about those Subaru assholes driving all fast and thinking we're so awesome and talking shit about them while they try on that new polo they just bought and sip their soy lattes.

In all seriousness, this forum has overall been very chill. I've seen people butt heads with each other and tempers flare at times, but its been mostly positive.

It really is chill, compared to other forums I've been on. It's a great community to be a part of.
dnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:11 AM   #38
Bonburner
6/22/12-2/6/24

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S M/T Argento
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I'd do it just to hear that engine roar :]
Old 07-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #39
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnL View Post
Heh, the rev limiter on those things is only 4000 or so, because they wanted to cut costs (okay, and a tiny bit of friction) by weakening all the engine components. That's why they have like, 80 horsepower.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #40
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger

Drives: 2004 GS430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
and his first response is a flame from a camaro guy on his forums, lol that's rich.
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #41
computertech01

Drives: Jetta MK1V
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Wished they had put the STI turbo motor and AWD system into that car.
So he wishes they made a 2door wrx.......
computertech01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to computertech01 For This Useful Post:
ngabdala (07-30-2012)
Old 07-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #42
kiddo

Drives: BRZ
Who knows what had happened if he just told part of the story. Perhaps the corba guy was pushing him all the way 'till stopped at the traffic light? I won't say which one got a upper hand, because both could have advantage in different condition/situation.
kiddo is offline   Reply With Quote