follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 01-16-2018, 11:41 AM   #6609
TorontoNat

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt [Gray]
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYFISHR View Post
Wow I think this is the first time I was spotted in all my years of ownership. That is if it was the Karting place in Brampton. I had all most given up on every being seen.
It was! Car looks great btw. Had a blast watching you guys warm up tires and do a proper race while waiting (Even figured out how to take the last two corners better just from watching). Times kinda slow that day for us, maybe because of the cold but me and my bro didn't manage to get into the 18s best was 19:209 (Him not me). Curious to know what instructors were getting that day. Mucho fun times anyway!
TorontoNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #6610
TorontoNat

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt [Gray]
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
I've driven by tons of BRZ/FRS/86, like in the 60's+, and either waved and high beam, I've only gotten a total of 1 wave and 1 high beam back. Spotted a few, but gave up since no one would respond .

So my assumption is not many people are on this forum and are just normal people who don't know what the car is.
All the time. And then when Someone does Highbeam me/Wave wtv it's always in a situation where I can't respond. smh
TorontoNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:52 PM   #6611
FLYFISHR

Drives: 2014 BR"ZED" Sport-tech DGM MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoNat View Post
It was! Car looks great btw. Had a blast watching you guys warm up tires and do a proper race while waiting (Even figured out how to take the last two corners better just from watching). Times kinda slow that day for us, maybe because of the cold but me and my bro didn't manage to get into the 18s best was 19:209 (Him not me). Curious to know what instructors were getting that day. Mucho fun times anyway!
Check out the Pinnacle Advanced Driving Academy website/facebook page as they will be posting pictures and times of all four groups. By the way it's open for you to join in the fun!
Old 01-16-2018, 07:30 PM   #6612
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I've driven by tons of BRZ/FRS/86, like in the 60's+, and either waved and high beam, I've only gotten a total of 1 wave and 1 high beam back. Spotted a few, but gave up since no one would respond .

So my assumption is not many people are on this forum and are just normal people who don't know what the car is.
Weird cause I seem to have a pretty good "wave back" ratio...

Yeah there's a lot of "normal" people who drive these and aren't on the forum, and won't respond to a wave or high-beam. I try to be at least a bit selective; for instance, if it's an older woman driving, I assume for the most part that they won't wave back, so I don't even bother.

But even then, my ratio has been pretty good.

It's funny cause I'm driving a dealer demo for the winter (2018 Kia Sportage), and even though my car has been stored for 2 months now, I STILL get the urge to wave/high-beam when I see an 86, and have to stop myself when I remember I'm not driving my car and would probably just confuse the shit out of whoever I wave at LOL.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:36 AM   #6613
SLVRSRFR

8:40pm last night, at the Tim Horton's/Terra Foods plaza at Dundas and Woodchester in Erin Mills.

White FR-S, lowered, steelies, Tom's tails, front plate relocate, had a doge meme "wow" sticker on the right quarter window.

I was sitting in my car enjoying a coffee and saw you pull in and park, but I'm not driving my BRZ right now so I didn't bother to wave.

Also this morning around 8:30am, I saw 3 twins within less than 30 seconds of each other at Steeles and Mississauga Road. One silver BRZ with no spoiler and steelies, headed East on Steeles, then another silver BRZ with SportTech spoiler and steelies, headed West on Steeles, and THEN a black FR-S headed West that turned South onto Mississauga Road.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:42 AM   #6614
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post
8:40pm last night, at the Tim Horton's/Terra Foods plaza at Dundas and Woodchester.

White FR-S, lowered, steelies, Tom's tails, front plate relocate, had a doge meme "wow" sticker on the right quarter window.

I was sitting in my car enjoying a coffee and saw you pull in and park, but I'm not driving my BRZ right now so I didn't bother to wave.

Also this morning around 8:30am, I saw 3 twins within less than 30 seconds of each other at Steeles and Mississauga Road. One silver BRZ with no spoiler and steelies, headed East on Steeles, then another silver BRZ with SportTech spoiler and steelies, headed West on Steeles, and THEN a black FR-S headed West that turned South onto Mississauga Road.
Believe @drewbot is the white FRS.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
drewbot (02-01-2018), SLVRSRFR (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #6615
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVRSRFR View Post
Weird cause I seem to have a pretty good "wave back" ratio...

Yeah there's a lot of "normal" people who drive these and aren't on the forum, and won't respond to a wave or high-beam. I try to be at least a bit selective; for instance, if it's an older woman driving, I assume for the most part that they won't wave back, so I don't even bother.

But even then, my ratio has been pretty good.

It's funny cause I'm driving a dealer demo for the winter (2018 Kia Sportage), and even though my car has been stored for 2 months now, I STILL get the urge to wave/high-beam when I see an 86, and have to stop myself when I remember I'm not driving my car and would probably just confuse the shit out of whoever I wave at LOL.
Must be the difference between West end and East end then.

Funny thing about the older woman thing though, I was driving beside an older woman, maybe late 30's in traffic one day in a car that was literally the ying to my yang. White, BRZ, black steelies, no tint, 2017. My car is, Black, 86, silver steelies, dark tint, 2017. She was trying so hard not to look at my car, (I had sunglasses so I simply turned my head enough to not look awkward) and when traffic started to move, SHE TOOK THE BIGGEST GANDER OF LIFE AT MY CAR.

I just wanted to scream "yyaaaaaaaaaasss gurl", but winter, social norms and the like kept me from such things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
SLVRSRFR (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #6616
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Saw a hot lava 86?(brunt orange rusty bronze hyundai colour, couldn't entirely tell) Last night around 10pm at Westney/Taunton in Ajax heading east.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #6617
SLVRSRFR

White BRZ with front plate relocate, front lip, Valenti tail-lights.

Saw it turn onto Fifth Line from Dundas in Mississauga. I was at the Petro Canada on the corner there, gassing up a new car, and saw it pass by. About an hour ago give or take.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:27 AM   #6618
RippedManiac
Jedi

Drives: Pikachu BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Red 2018 86 with the big wang, wya? Saw you on EB 401 express last night at rush hour

Another red twin with a big wang this morning going WB 401 express at rush hour.

Same dudes?
RippedManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #6619
BRZ.Omar

Drives: 2017 BrrrrRz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
White FRS yesterday night on the Gardiner EB. exchanged waves. Which exhaust did you have?

Also, today morning I got rear ended on the QEW... Rear bumper is messed up, mufler is bent. That's as much as I could tell me. The other guy was at fault so my insurance is covering the damage and my rental. I brought my car in to BnB Heartland Collision Centre. It was recommended by Subaru Mississauga dealership. Any of you guys been in an accident/had to fix their cars before? Any tips or things to watch out for?
BRZ.Omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #6620
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar.hassanein View Post
White FRS yesterday night on the Gardiner EB. exchanged waves. Which exhaust did you have?

Also, today morning I got rear ended on the QEW... Rear bumper is messed up, mufler is bent. That's as much as I could tell me. The other guy was at fault so my insurance is covering the damage and my rental. I brought my car in to BnB Heartland Collision Centre. It was recommended by Subaru Mississauga dealership. Any of you guys been in an accident/had to fix their cars before? Any tips or things to watch out for?
Why is your insurance covering it and not the guy who hit you?
Old 01-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #6621
BRZ.Omar

Drives: 2017 BrrrrRz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I don't know how it exactly works in accidents. I thought my insurance covers it and they figure it out with the other guy's insurance, no? I only moved to canada 4 years ago and this is the first accident I have been in here.
BRZ.Omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #6622
ervc.BRZ

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I believe it is a new law/regulation.. I was rear ended as well by a drunk driver last summer in my 05 RSX-S, and my own insurance company had to deal with the claim as opposed to the other party even though they were at fault.
The Following User Says Thank You to ervc.BRZ For This Useful Post:
BRZ.Omar (01-19-2018)

Tags
:popcorn:, tag many things