follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 02:39 AM   #5461
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
STG1/2 is all a load of rubbish and means nothing. You had a tune specific for your car and then you changed the hardware config, so of course the car won't run optimally. A manifold can make a fair change to how the engine breathes so is it any surprise you could be losing power. All you need is a tune for the current setup, whether you call this a "Stage 2" is up to you. But your "Stage 2" wont be the same as the next mans....
you are right but John has specified the following while requesting for his tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
Alrighty

I'm noticing that cars with aftermarket headers need a little different tuning...

So going forward we will have STG1 and STG2 tunes.

STG2 tunes will require a header and is available to all my customers at no charge.

Because of a slight bug transitioning to A01 roms with the direct injector fix there will be a v1.14 for manual and v1.06 for autos

I'm already working on some really cool stuff for the next revision 1.15 & 1.07 but is going to take a little more R&D before it releases.

So ticket away..

If you have a flex fuel kit on order please don't waste my time asking for this tune.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2013, 02:50 AM   #5462
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Drives: Toyota 86 Satin Pearl White
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
STG1/2 is all a load of rubbish and means nothing. You had a tune specific for your car and then you changed the hardware config, so of course the car won't run optimally. A manifold can make a fair change to how the engine breathes so is it any surprise you could be losing power. All you need is a tune for the current setup, whether you call this a "Stage 2" is up to you. But your "Stage 2" wont be the same as the next mans....
This is after John sent me a ROM file based on my data logs for the additional hardware, incl the header.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:09 AM   #5463
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carwhisperer View Post
Anyone who's on the latest pumpgas tune, chime in! @Calum how does it goes?
Partial throttle let like knock city yesterday while I tried it. But I've only got about thirty km on the tune so far. I'll report back after I get home from work. I haven't logged it yet so no proof.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #5464
Calum
That Guy

Ok, a little more explaination. I've been hearing some that sounds to me like knock, only when lifting off the throttle. It's a pretty specific situation, if I've been at the same throttle position for a little while ( a few seconds) and I lift just slightly, I get a single ping.

As for the rest of the tune, I think there's more low end. And I'm almost certain John has been playing with either emmisions or milage. Two or three time I heard the engine start doing the bear eating a hornets nest thing, but at partial throttle. There was zero change in power delivery, it was smooth, but it really took me by surprise when all of a sudden the engine is making more NVH.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #5465
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Drives: Toyota 86 Satin Pearl White
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Ok, a little more explaination. I've been hearing some that sounds to me like knock, only when lifting off the throttle. It's a pretty specific situation, if I've been at the same throttle position for a little while ( a few seconds) and I lift just slightly, I get a single ping.

As for the rest of the tune, I think there's more low end. And I'm almost certain John has been playing with either emmisions or milage. Two or three time I heard the engine start doing the bear eating a hornets nest thing, but at partial throttle. There was zero change in power delivery, it was smooth, but it really took me by surprise when all of a sudden the engine is making more NVH.
What Tune are you on?
Old 06-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #5466
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:

Try to recreate the ping while logging and send the logs to @Visconti.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #5467
CBR600RR

Drives: Raven Black
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

NVH???

Bear eating a hornets nest?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #5468
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Can anyone tell me if the load limits are removed from Visconti stage 1?

Normally in stock it is clamped at 200g/s but i would imagine Visconti would extend that out?

Is there anyway that i can look at it in ProEcu? Would love to be able to see the tables.

Thanks,
Old 06-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #5469
Calum
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan86 View Post
What Tune are you on?
1.14, Just got it on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
Try to recreate the ping while logging and send the logs to @Visconti.
Will do, but I'm at work now and my laptop is at home. I know John will take care of it, if it's not all in my head, once I get the time to send him a log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR600RR View Post
NVH???

Bear eating a hornets nest?
NVH is noise vibration and harshness. The Bear eating a hornets nest thing is what I call the sound that John's tune is known for, normally at wide open throttle. Again, there was no change in power. I'm going to try to get a log of this as well, but it wasn't something that I could predict. I don't know how successful I'll be.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #5470
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Can anyone tell me if the load limits are removed from Visconti stage 1?

Normally in stock it is clamped at 200g/s but i would imagine Visconti would extend that out?

Is there anyway that i can look at it in ProEcu? Would love to be able to see the tables.

Thanks,
Yes, they are removed.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=252
The Following User Says Thank You to Foobar For This Useful Post:
fenton (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #5471
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Now im wondering if we can see how far the MAF is scaled? I know in my old days of COBB i could load access tuner race and check there but im assuming this is locked down?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #5472
Carwhisperer

Drives: A lot of supercars.
Quote:
1.14, Just got it on Friday.

Will do, but I'm at work now and my laptop is at home. I know John will take care of it, if it's not all in my head, once I get the time to send him a log.

NVH is noise vibration and harshness. The Bear eating a hornets nest thing is what I call the sound that John's tune is known for, normally at wide open throttle. Again, there was no change in power. I'm going to try to get a log of this as well, but it wasn't something that I could predict. I don't know how successful I'll be.
Boo. With my perrin CAI my trq dip is like from 4-5k rpms exactly. A pretty big noticeable dip. Oh well. @Calum Pumpgas correct?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #5473
Calum
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carwhisperer View Post
Boo. With my perrin CAI my trq dip is like from 4-5k rpms exactly. A pretty big noticeable dip. Oh well.

That was in regard to my engine changing tone and NVH while at partial throttle, light load. The power didn't change, but the sound certainly did. The torque dip is still there.

Yeah, 91.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
Carwhisperer (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #5474
Carwhisperer

Drives: A lot of supercars.
Quote:
That was in regard to my engine changing tone and NVH while at partial throttle, light load. The power didn't change, but the sound certainly did. The torque dip is still there.

Yeah, 91.
Yeah ever since I installed my CAI at 3,500rpms and up at 50%> throttle it sounds like a completely different car than how it used to.

Closed Thread