follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
nastynate88

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[OFT] Original calibration not recognized

Hello all, I'd like to preface this by saying that I've done my due diligence and searched first, and believe this is a unique issue.

About one year ago, another forum member reflashed my ECU using open source and a tactrix cable to the OFT Stage 1 map. I was very happy with it, and decided to purchase the OFH3 combo with a brand new OFT tablet. My car came with the B01C rom, and the OFT rom was A B00C.

I plugged in my new OFT tablet into my OBD2 port (after updating it on my PC first) to read the ECU for the first time and marry the device to the car. When the OFT completed reading the ECU, I got a message saying:

"Original calibration not recognized. Cannot create tune files. Contact sales@openflashperformance.com".

Confused, I walked back to my PC and plugged the OFT in and launched the OFT Manager once again. When I clicked on "Download", the OFT Manager was able to pull up the ECU information, and I could see that there was indeed a stock rom in the protected slot. Additionally, I was able to load OFT stage 2 roms for the B00C CAL ID (despite my CAL being B01C up on top).

Will I have any trouble moving forward? Do I need to flash back to the factory B01C rom to proceed?

Thanks for your help everyone!
nastynate88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:20 PM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynate88 View Post
Hello all, I'd like to preface this by saying that I've done my due diligence and searched first, and believe this is a unique issue.

About one year ago, another forum member reflashed my ECU using open source and a tactrix cable to the OFT Stage 1 map. I was very happy with it, and decided to purchase the OFH3 combo with a brand new OFT tablet. My car came with the B01C rom, and the OFT rom was A B00C.

I plugged in my new OFT tablet into my OBD2 port (after updating it on my PC first) to read the ECU for the first time and marry the device to the car. When the OFT completed reading the ECU, I got a message saying:

"Original calibration not recognized. Cannot create tune files. Contact sales@openflashperformance.com".

Confused, I walked back to my PC and plugged the OFT in and launched the OFT Manager once again. When I clicked on "Download", the OFT Manager was able to pull up the ECU information, and I could see that there was indeed a stock rom in the protected slot. Additionally, I was able to load OFT stage 2 roms for the B00C CAL ID (despite my CAL being B01C up on top).

Will I have any trouble moving forward? Do I need to flash back to the factory B01C rom to proceed?

Thanks for your help everyone!

The message you received indicates that the OFT has read you stock rom into the OFT . however it is not recognised as a "stock" rom as in fact it is a tuned rom as your car has been previously flashed with a non stock rom.

Just download the latest oft roms from the OFT web site and load them manually into the OFT.

Depending on what the previous guy flashed you may still have a bit of trouble as if he has flashed an oft rom to car the rom may not contain consistent calid's.

post up the "stock" rom that in the oft and I will have a look. If the guy flashed an oft B01C rom you should be ok. but it appears hes flashed a oft B00C rom which internally is actually a B01C.

you should be ok, but the guy who flashed your car may not have fully understood how oft roms work, and had he made alterations to your rom you could have ended up with a bricked ecu.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:36 PM   #3
nastynate88

Thanks for the info!

The car (and the OFT) are at AZP Installs getting everything done. I'll report back when I can.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
nastynate88

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
The message you received indicates that the OFT has read you stock rom into the OFT . however it is not recognised as a "stock" rom as in fact it is a tuned rom as your car has been previously flashed with a non stock rom.

Just download the latest oft roms from the OFT web site and load them manually into the OFT.

Depending on what the previous guy flashed you may still have a bit of trouble as if he has flashed an oft rom to car the rom may not contain consistent calid's.

post up the "stock" rom that in the oft and I will have a look. If the guy flashed an oft B01C rom you should be ok. but it appears hes flashed a oft B00C rom which internally is actually a B01C.

you should be ok, but the guy who flashed your car may not have fully understood how oft roms work, and had he made alterations to your rom you could have ended up with a bricked ecu.
The "original" tune, plus a screenshot of the downloads tab is attached.

The shop attempted to reflash to the updated tune, but they told me they got the same message.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip ZA1JB01C.zip (536.1 KB, 111 views)
Old 04-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #5
nastynate88

Just got in my car, and I was able to flash to the Stage 2 UEL tune...weird.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #6
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynate88 View Post
Just got in my car, and I was able to flash to the Stage 2 UEL tune...weird.

Your original rom in the car was likely a B00C

The guy who flashed your car used an OFT B00C rom to your car.

however OFT B00C roms are actually B01C roms with the calid adjusted back to B00C in two of the three places in the rom so it "looks" like a B00C .

This is likely to cause some confusion to some flash systems.

The guy should have flashed the B01C OFT rom which is not calid adjusted.

The OFT should be fine but you will need to use OFT B00C roms and defs. (which are actually B01C internally)
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:21 AM   #7
nastynate88

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Your original rom in the car was likely a B00C

The guy who flashed your car used an OFT B00C rom to your car.

however OFT B00C roms are actually B01C roms with the calid adjusted back to B00C in two of the three places in the rom so it "looks" like a B00C .

This is likely to cause some confusion to some flash systems.

The guy should have flashed the B01C OFT rom which is not calid adjusted.

The OFT should be fine but you will need to use OFT B00C roms and defs. (which are actually B01C internally)
Got it, thank you!