follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
d1ck

Drives: Black 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock O2 Sensor

So last night I had my ebay BT OBDII reader hooked up to my android phone using torque and I noticed something. There are two different O2 sensor readings there: One is AFR requested (or something to that effect) and AFR Measured. The measured value behaves just like a wideband sensor. The AFR doesn't oscillate like a narrowband setup either. I saw it go as high as 20:1 and during normal cruising is would stay very close to 14.7 to 14.9 with small variations.
If I am correct, and the car is equipped with a factory wideband that would be fantastic! No need to buy / install external wideband for tuning purposes. Just log the factory sensor!
I'll make a graph later today to show you what I mean if necessary.
d1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1ck View Post
So last night I had my ebay BT OBDII reader hooked up to my android phone using torque and I noticed something. There are two different O2 sensor readings there: One is AFR requested (or something to that effect) and AFR Measured. The measured value behaves just like a wideband sensor. The AFR doesn't oscillate like a narrowband setup either. I saw it go as high as 20:1 and during normal cruising is would stay very close to 14.7 to 14.9 with small variations.
If I am correct, and the car is equipped with a factory wideband that would be fantastic! No need to buy / install external wideband for tuning purposes. Just log the factory sensor!
I'll make a graph later today to show you what I mean if necessary.
I believe they've already confirmed this in the OpenECU thread.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote