follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 08-26-2013, 04:18 AM   #99
tjohnson104

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
all the hate on the fr-s... I have not read any about the brz. I didnt bother to read every single post, but all the ones are from a fr-s..
tjohnson104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #100
BANGER
mad tyte jdm y0

Drives: 2010 Civic FA1
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BANGER
^Because fanboyism and general ignorance.
"Herp derp muh soobie heritage"
"Hurrr it juzz a scion, muh toyotas, muh jay dee em"
...among people when they're one and the same minus a few minor differences.
tjohnson104 (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #101
red_comet
Severed Member

Drives: Argento 2013 Scion FR-S Manual
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbrax View Post
Hey, hater. BMWs are awesome cars, you idiot.
"you idiot" wasn't necessary, but whatever...
13 FRS doriftoooo!

DON'T PANIC
red_comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #102
pascalbrax

Drives: Toyota GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_comet View Post
"you idiot" wasn't necessary, but whatever...
Maybe, but it was part of the sarcasm joke about "people hate my car".

I wonder if somewhere there's a BMW forum where people whine about FRS drivers claiming their car has a confused sex appeal.
pascalbrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #103
jarviz

Drives: Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannicus77 View Post
Had the car for more than a year now and never experienced anyone hating till tonite. Went out to grab some fastfood and was waiting at the light to turn. A black 4 door Jetta in the opposite lane was turning and the passenger flips me off. I turn into the lane and pull up next to the Jetta at the next light. My window was open and I can hear the driver and passenger yelling profanity at me. I got heated and looked over and exchanged words and also flipped off the two Hispanic guys. I'm like WTF!!! Did they try to race an FRS and got smoked? Why all the hate?
How do you know if it has anything to do with your car?
jarviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #104
FRiSson

Drives: FR-S MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I define awsomeness in cars as a function of how well it is conceived, designed and put together relative to its cost. It reflects the risk-willingness of the manufacturer, its vision, and its commitment to excellence.

I consider BMW less than awesome for several reasons:

1. When you add up the cost of the car, plus the average load of options, BMW's are quite expensive. For the manufacturer, it much, much less challenging to make a good car if the price is high.

2. BMW rarely makes a groundbreaking design or major innovation, its designs are incremental, testing and then making improvements gradually. This is a conservative approach that has served it well and it does make consistent moderate innovations in technology. So, while they are innovators, they do not make the kind of leaps or take the risks to be really awesome.

3. BMW lags behind the car industry in terms of weight (its vehicles are very heavy) and MPG (though that has improved lately) and in design (getting a bit stale).

4. BMW reliability is far from awesome, though better than MB and Volkswagen.

5. Last, and this is a bit subjective, BMW lacks exclusivity. In my area, and in many rapid growing economies, BMW and its doppelganger, AUDI, are default choices for young executives. They are common as dirt where I am, and they seem to be standard issue for mid-level managers.

Last edited by FRiSson; 08-26-2013 at 10:28 AM.
FRiSson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #105
frs10

Drives: tezla
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRiSson View Post
I define awsomeness in cars as a function of how well it is conceived, designed and put together relative to its cost. It reflects the risk-willingness of the manufacturer, its vision, and its commitment to excellence.

1. When you add up the cost of the car, plus the average load of options, BMW's are quite expensive. For the manufacturer, it much, much less challenging to make a good car if the price is high.

2. BMW rarely makes a groundbreaking design or major innovation, its designs are incremental, testing and then making improvements gradually. This is a conservative approach that has served it well and it does make consistent moderate innovations in technology. So, while they are innovators, they do not make the kind of leaps or take the risks to be really awesome.

3. BMW lags behind the car industry in terms of weight (its vehicles are very heavy) and MPG (though that has improved lately) and in design (getting a bit stale).

5. Last, and this is a bit subjective, BMW lacks exclusivity. In my area, and in many rapid growing economies, BMW and its doppelganger, AUDI, are default choices for young executives. They are common as dirt where I am, and they seem to be standard issue for mid-level managers.
yes to all of this - but this is EXCLUDING the M series...

that is all...
frs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #106
CAMBAM_6
CAMBAM

Drives: '13 Whiteout FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnson104 View Post
all the hate on the fr-s... I have not read any about the brz. I didnt bother to read every single post, but all the ones are from a fr-s..
this is the FRS side of the forum, theres also a brz side. Im sure they have a similar thread
Old 08-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #107
RT87

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout 6MT

Looks like ice cream or a slurpee. Washed it off right away.
RT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RT87 For This Useful Post:
charged86 (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #108
charged86

Drives: whiteout gt86 2015 IS350fsport
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:

hey cool I worked for bmw for 5 years driven all kinds of them including ones you'll never drive or see. its cool though.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #109
Minhtyfresh

Drives: Whiteout fR-S
Not really much hate happening here in southern Canada. Mostly respect or questions of curiousity from strangers. I even had people pull into the driveway as I'm getting back from work wanting to talk about the car. Its nice.

ALTHOUGH - The other day I found cigarette butts crammed into my wiper pivot area... The burnt ashes got into my hvac and made my AC smell bad until i changed the filter. Did someone carelessly toss it there or was it a hater? I will never know.
Minhtyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #110
Frostyman

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I read the whole thread, and I have a few to add.

I got laughed at by some tools who said "Nice scion, dude, should have bought a subaru"

A friend of mine was sitting at a light when some kid in a Honda Civic pulled up next to him and shouted, "Hey F<sexual preference explative>, get a real car!"

Came outside after eating sushi a few weeks back, and found someone had ground out a cigarette on top of my car, bubbling the paint to the metal.

While driving though, I normally get thumbs up from the Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche guys in this area, they all love the twins.

From a stop, I took a left across a 4 lane 55MPH road at full throttle for giggles. A guy on a hyabusa rode up next to me and gave me a thumbs up before shooting off down the road.

All in all, I guess it's a little of both for me.
Frostyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #111
frs10

Drives: tezla
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
i swear if i ever catch some punk messing with any FRS/BRZ ill make sure that $hit doesnt happen when im around... i just cant understand why people do things like this...

its gonna be a scene from pulp fiction/john travolta style...
frs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #112
tacoss23

Drives: '08 328i, '13 Accord Sport, '13 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRiSson View Post

For a thread about "haters", your post is quite ironic.

Coming from someone who drove nothing but german cars up until now, I have to say that I found a common factor with all the people that hate BMWs/Porsches:

1) They can't afford one

2) They have an entry level sport(y) car (FRSs, Sis, Evos, Mustangs) as their only car.

3) They buy/use cars not for the joy of driving, but rather because they "need them" on their lives to try to feel better (compensate) for other parts of their lives not doing so well.

BMW makes great cars, above all, FUN cars. Which can't be said the same for most luxury brands.

Japanese premium brands (not really automakers) are just trying to sell.

German/British premium automakers: Focus in luxury, attractive technology.

American premium automakers: Really.....? (expect the new ATS).

Just asking....
Looking at the under $100k price tag, affordable luxury automakers, who makes the most fun, sporty and driver oriented vehicles in the market?

what other brand if not BMW would you consider to be "awesome" for the market of affordable vehicles?
tacoss23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tacoss23 For This Useful Post:
pascalbrax (08-26-2013), Scenic Driver (08-27-2013)

Tags
batman, haters gonna hate, this thread is lame