follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 05-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #85
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by botbs View Post
@FT86Motorsports Please send me the top hats by the end of next week (ordered on April 21, 2018) so that I can give you positive feedback!

Thanks!
Well this is interesting! Looks like one of the few Canadian venders has abandoned us.
Attached Images

botbs (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #86
botbs

Drives: 18 BRZ tS, 27 GRMN 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have to give ft86motorsports a good review since the top hats did deliver on time according to their website.

I ordered on April 21, 2018, plus 15 business days for them to ship over. It arrived yesterday (May 22, 2018). Their price is not bad.

Folks, if you guys do have another Canadian site that has better price than FT86motorsports, please let me know! Thanks!

http://clubstore.brzworld.ca Looks like their price is in USD.
botbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #87
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YandereValkyrie View Post
Yeah I just got informed my order was back ordered, even though the website promises 10-15 days until shipped on all the items I ordered, when I could EASILY go buy all this stuff from ft86speedfactory, and have it delivered by mid next week..
Actually there is no such promise. "SPECIAL ORDER, USUALLY SHIPS WITHIN 10 TO 15 BUSINESS DAYS" is what it says and if you click on that link (https://www.ft86motorsports.com/special-orders) it will explain that they don't keep much stock with their large product selection. If a supplier has a backorder, what are they supposed to do? Please don't spread misinformation.

I have ordered 6 times from them now and 2 times I had a backorder on parts that went beyond 15 business days.

Never had an issue getting email responses from them, so if there is an item I want that is already shown as special order I just send them a message to see how long it would take to get. Usually they are able to check with their supplier on stock and let me know how long I can expect it to take.

My worst backorder was ~3months for rays centercaps and lugnuts which were backordered from Japan. I just had to be patient, but they did provide me updates when I checked in every month or so.

I will continue to order from them to support a Canadian business. Even though most of their stock is going to be coming from a US supplier anyways, given the current trade situation it sits better with me to keep my money in the country...
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wolffbite For This Useful Post:
botbs (06-22-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 04:31 PM   #88
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffbite View Post
Actually there is no such promise. "SPECIAL ORDER, USUALLY SHIPS WITHIN 10 TO 15 BUSINESS DAYS" is what it says and if you click on that link (https://www.ft86motorsports.com/special-orders) it will explain that they don't keep much stock with their large product selection. If a supplier has a backorder, what are they supposed to do? Please don't spread misinformation.

I have ordered 6 times from them now and 2 times I had a backorder on parts that went beyond 15 business days.

Never had an issue getting email responses from them, so if there is an item I want that is already shown as special order I just send them a message to see how long it would take to get. Usually they are able to check with their supplier on stock and let me know how long I can expect it to take.

My worst backorder was ~3months for rays centercaps and lugnuts which were backordered from Japan. I just had to be patient, but they did provide me updates when I checked in every month or so.

I will continue to order from them to support a Canadian business. Even though most of their stock is going to be coming from a US supplier anyways, given the current trade situation it sits better with me to keep my money in the country...
It's hard to want to support bad customer service, but seeing as you're in BC, you may not have as many options as we do in Ontario.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:56 PM   #89
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
It's hard to want to support bad customer service, but seeing as you're in BC, you may not have as many options as we do in Ontario.
Yeah it appears we had very different experiences. Generally the recent reviews here have been negative so I just wanted to post that I haven't had any issues with multiple orders over the last year. Since you received bad service, I totally understand your position.

I've bought stuff from ft86speedfactory before, but they only ship UPS and I really hate getting double dinged with taxes AND exorbitant brokerage fees.

Options are indeed limited almost anywhere in Canada =(
wolffbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:27 AM   #90
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
My latest order was shipped in less than a week. That makes it 8 orders in just over a year, with not a single complaint. In fact, nothing but good things to say. Excellent customer service, always willing to chat on facebook and provide advice when it comes to parts. Chatted for hours once and never was told "hey look I'm busy, can we wrap it up". Got like $100 off wheels once cause the set I wanted was on back order. I think any perceived rudeness is just how text sometimes gets misunderstood online. He told me he gets lots of scammers and people trying to take advantage and obviously that takes a toll.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #91
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
My latest order was shipped in less than a week. That makes it 8 orders in just over a year, with not a single complaint. In fact, nothing but good things to say. Excellent customer service, always willing to chat on facebook and provide advice when it comes to parts. Chatted for hours once and never was told "hey look I'm busy, can we wrap it up". Got like $100 off wheels once cause the set I wanted was on back order. I think any perceived rudeness is just how text sometimes gets misunderstood online. He told me he gets lots of scammers and people trying to take advantage and obviously that takes a toll.
Making an assumption that someone is trying to scam you and saying something along those lines to that customer is fucking abysmal customer service. Why do I want to be called a scammer and then do business with them? Maybe in my case I read it wrong, but it sure doesn't seem that way, as there were two individual emails sent to me, the first being, sure we can help, the following being, nice try faking values and trying to scam my business for a cost that isn't realistic.

I get it, scammers exist and are probably pretty annoying, but don't flame a potential customer who is trying to work with you without even giving them a chance.

Last edited by Jordanwolf; 06-25-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Jordanwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #92
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Quote:
Making an assumption that someone is trying to scam you and saying something along those lines to that customer is fucking abysmal customer service. Why do I want to be called a scammer and then do business with them? Maybe in my case I read it wrong, but it sure doesn't seem that way, as there was two individual emails sent to me, the first being, sure we can help, the following being, nice try faking values and trying to scam my business for a cost that isn't realistic.

I get it, scammers exist and are probably pretty annoying, but don't flame a potential customer who is trying to work with you without even giving them a chance.
shut up scammer lulz
Old 06-25-2018, 01:17 PM   #93
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
shut up scammer lulz
?¿
Old 06-25-2018, 01:38 PM   #94
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Quote:
?¿
nvm I'm just trollin
Old 06-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #95
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
nvm I'm just trollin
bruh. like wtf¿

When am I going to meet you btw. I was thinking about heading out to another BRZWorld soon.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:28 PM   #96
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Quote:
bruh. like wtf¿

When am I going to meet you btw. I was thinking about heading out to another BRZWorld soon.
Never, I reside in the astral plane
Old 06-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #97
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Never, I reside in the astral plane
But Azeroth calls your name. You must fight with me as part of the Horde. Together, none shall stand in our way, we will teach our enemies to fear our might.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:18 PM   #98
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Quote:
But Azeroth calls your name. You must fight with me as part of the Horde. Together, none shall stand in our way, we will teach our enemies to fear our might.
damn! well in that case..

wait do I have you on IG? We're totally spamming this topic btw