follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-20-2014, 03:16 AM   #1149
pmccut

Drives: Blue Subarus
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterz View Post
Okay guys, I have a little update. Infamous Performance I DO NOT recommend that you install the lines that you installed on my car for any other car. Oil was literally seeping out of the entire line length. It looked as though the lines were sweating oil. I'm going with stainless steel like I should have from the beginning. Not only that but there is a giant gash in the back of the oil cooler that is leaking oil that must have happened before it got bolted down because the cooler was bolted down tightly and there is no way that it could have moved and hit anything behind it. I now need a new oil cooler core. I am waiting for Bill @DeliciousTuning to get back to me with a basemap for 1000cc injectors, and the 1.5 bar map sensor for e85 that will allow me to move my car from the shop to the tune.
Sorry to hear. Have you been in contact with @Infamous Performance to see what they can do about the lines? Before going through the hassle of getting all new lines, why not see if there's something they can do to fix the leak. Have any pictures of where it's leaking from on the fittings?

Why are our oil lines so damn hard to get right? I thought this would be the easy part of the kit.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:00 AM   #1150
Dipstik-sportech

Drives: 2013 BRZ satin white pearl sportech
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
I have the @FullBlown lines on my car still, changed the fittings and it's been fine since

The Frozen North
2013 SWP BRZ sportech. 11.11sec@129.01mph, 511whp on e70. FullBlown base kit, FullBlown built 9.5:1 engine, GTX3076R GEN2 turbo, 1700cc Bosch injectors, FullBlown flex fuel kit, FullBlown radiator and oil cooler, FullBlown custom 3" dual exit exhaust, act xtreme clutch, whiteline diff and subframe inserts, BC Racing coilovers, hotchkiss 18mm rear sway, is300 3.73 differential ... Never finished
Dipstik-sportech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 AM   #1151
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
The guy having issues with his oil cooler, I assume he bought Gens kit, cause that guy was the only person who had a FBM curse.

Before ranting, and changing lines. I'm sure if you call LJ he can sort something out, or at least guide you in the right direction.
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #1152
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Okay guys, I have a little update. Infamous Performance I DO NOT recommend that you install the lines that you installed on my car for any other car. Oil was literally seeping out of the entire line length. It looked as though the lines were sweating oil. I'm going with stainless steel like I should have from the beginning. Not only that but there is a giant gash in the back of the oil cooler that is leaking oil that must have happened before it got bolted down because the cooler was bolted down tightly and there is no way that it could have moved and hit anything behind it. I now need a new oil cooler core. I am waiting for Bill @DeliciousTuning to get back to me with a basemap for 1000cc injectors, and the 1.5 bar map sensor for e85 that will allow me to move my car from the shop to the tune.
I know the backside of the oil cooler sits somewhat close to the plastic fender liners. I am assuming your wheels and tires aren't making any contact in that area and possibly rubbing the backside. Can you take pics of the giant gash? I think making your own stainless lines with some high quality Earl's fittings is the best solution at this point.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #1153
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
E85, elevation is under 500feet asl, humidity was 40%. 17 psi on the 452whp pull, we ran out of fueling on the 461 pull i dont remember the psi, fbm manual boost controller. Car spins wildly above 4500rpm with 245 ventus v12s on the highway.
Those dyno plots look just about right to me for E85 on a GTX28.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #1154
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
DAT TORQUE

Where did it come from? Thats the first time ive seen an FA with torque above the HP number. Me likey very much.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #1155
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadspool View Post
DAT TORQUE

Where did it come from? Thats the first time ive seen an FA with torque above the HP number. Me likey very much.
wat? Torque and HP always cross at 5250 RPM it is just a question of whether the torque is maintaining or falling off at that point to determine whether the peak HP number is higher or lower than the peak torque number.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #1156
Infamous Performance

Drives: 02 WRX, 05 LGT, 08 LGT, 08 SpecB
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
The lines are XRP. Fittings and hose. We use lots of XRP lines and fittings on many cars (we use XRP lines in our turbo oil feed line kits we sell for Subies). First issue we have had like this. If the car is here, we certainly can have a look at the lines and get them re-tested and replaced (if they failed).

I personally did not install the oil cooler core (another mechanic did). But I do not remember any "gash" when I was leak checking the oil cooler system. I do know that when the car left the shop there were no oil leaks. We had checked the new lines and cooler for over a 24 hour period with multiple drive cycles.
Infamous Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Infamous Performance For This Useful Post:
pmccut (03-20-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #1157
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
wat? Torque and HP always cross at 5250 RPM it is just a question of whether the torque is maintaining or falling off at that point to determine whether the peak HP number is higher or lower than the peak torque number.

I dont spend a great deal of time viewing other folks dyno plots, just what happens to be in the thread im reading at the time.

It seemed to me that the average peak tq of this motor was substantially lower than the peak hp.

I am likely wrong though.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #1158
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

LOL I am half baked, i was looking at the chart sideways.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #1159
Sterz
Great White

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Performance View Post
The lines are XRP. Fittings and hose. We use lots of XRP lines and fittings on many cars (we use XRP lines in our turbo oil feed line kits we sell for Subies). First issue we have had like this. If the car is here, we certainly can have a look at the lines and get them re-tested and replaced (if they failed).

I personally did not install the oil cooler core (another mechanic did). But I do not remember any "gash" when I was leak checking the oil cooler system. I do know that when the car left the shop there were no oil leaks. We had checked the new lines and cooler for over a 24 hour period with multiple drive cycles.
Both lines failed. I must just have really bad luck. I did notice before the lines started sweating oil that there was dripping coming from the oil cooler area that took me a while to notice because it was just dripping onto my splitter and wasnt hitting the ground. Either way I have already made new lines and had to order a new core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I know the backside of the oil cooler sits somewhat close to the plastic fender liners. I am assuming your wheels and tires aren't making any contact in that area and possibly rubbing the backside. Can you take pics of the giant gash? I think making your own stainless lines with some high quality Earl's fittings is the best solution at this point.
Yeah it's not even close to the wheel/tire there is a good 5-6 inch gap between the tire and the cooler core. and That is exactly what I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post
The guy having issues with his oil cooler, I assume he bought Gens kit, cause that guy was the only person who had a FBM curse.

Before ranting, and changing lines. I'm sure if you call LJ he can sort something out, or at least guide you in the right direction.
LJ has been amazing with me through this entire process. I cannot believe his level of constumer service. It's incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipstik-sportech View Post
I have the @FullBlown lines on my car still, changed the fittings and it's been fine since

The Frozen North
According to Infamous the original incorrect fitting on the Full Blown lines destroyed the insides of the lines so they couldn't be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccut View Post
Sorry to hear. Have you been in contact with @Infamous Performance to see what they can do about the lines? Before going through the hassle of getting all new lines, why not see if there's something they can do to fix the leak. Have any pictures of where it's leaking from on the fittings?

Why are our oil lines so damn hard to get right? I thought this would be the easy part of the kit.
Seriously it is the only issue that I have had so far. It wasn't just the fitting of the XRP lines that are leaking. It is literally coming out of the ENTIRE line. It looks like the entire line is sweating oil.

Sterz' Great White 86
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54533
Invidia Q300 Catback | Invidia Catless Frontpipe | Invidia Overpipe
Sterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:01 PM   #1160
Sterz
Great White

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post

I definitely think that curse has carried over. Between me and Gen I think we have replaced most parts on this kit. I am starting to regret buying a used kit. At this point I have so much money into the install that I probably could have gotten a new premium kit and installed it for the same amount.

Sterz' Great White 86
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54533
Invidia Q300 Catback | Invidia Catless Frontpipe | Invidia Overpipe
Sterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #1161
FullBlown

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,026 Times in 548 Posts
Mentioned: 298 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
I definitely think that curse has carried over. Between me and Gen I think we have replaced most parts on this kit. I am starting to regret buying a used kit. At this point I have so much money into the install that I probably could have gotten a new premium kit and installed it for the same amount.
You and Kingtut must of had our first two kits. All the issues have been addressed since.

It doesn't matter if you purchased it used or not. If you have any issues, hit us up and we will take care of you
FullBlown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FullBlown For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (05-02-2021), blackfireball5 (03-20-2014), dabocx (03-20-2014), Dipstik-sportech (03-20-2014), Ironsquid (03-21-2014), Nomed Alucard (03-20-2014), Sportsguy83 (03-20-2014), Sterz (03-20-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #1162
Reaper
in orbe terrum non visi

Drives: violent
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
My car has NO traction
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reaper For This Useful Post:
Dipstik-sportech (03-20-2014)

Tags
best company ever, big fuck off turbo, blown, bow chicka wow wow, fbm, full, owners, powaaaaaa!, thread, will work for turbo