follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 11-20-2019, 04:55 AM   #15
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,318 Times in 4,120 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So...
I went to the Suzuki dealership today (there are two dealerships in town owned by the same company) with a bunch of questions and hoping for a test drive. Some of my questions were curiosity only (can the lane assist/departure warning be permanently switched off, ffs, who needs that? No, it can't be.) and a couple were important/relevant to me (auto transmission in "manual mode" will shift up a gear without intervention at maintained high revs, what about downhill engine braking?).

The salesman I met showed absolutely no enthusiasm for his job or the car. When I mentioned which car I was interested in there was no "Yeah, that's a fun car, great fuel economy, it puts a smile on my face every time I drive one", nothing. He asked me to have a seat, I asked him some questions, got the impression I was wasting his time.

It was not a big deal but I was surprised by the lack of stroking, the total lack of effort on his part trying to sell a car. I lost interest in going for a drive.

The car is still on the agenda if things turn out the way I suspect they will but I will certainly be shopping out of town if it comes to that.

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
korhun (11-20-2019), Tcoat (11-20-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 06:15 AM   #16
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,164 Times in 3,461 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
These guys seem to be doing some interesting stuff with the Swift platform..

http://www.ctc-performance.co.uk/
Attached Images

JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:21 AM   #17
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
So...
I went to the Suzuki dealership today (there are two dealerships in town owned by the same company) with a bunch of questions and hoping for a test drive. Some of my questions were curiosity only (can the lane assist/departure warning be permanently switched off, ffs, who needs that? No, it can't be.) and a couple were important/relevant to me (auto transmission in "manual mode" will shift up a gear without intervention at maintained high revs, what about downhill engine braking?).

The salesman I met showed absolutely no enthusiasm for his job or the car. When I mentioned which car I was interested in there was no "Yeah, that's a fun car, great fuel economy, it puts a smile on my face every time I drive one", nothing. He asked me to have a seat, I asked him some questions, got the impression I was wasting his time.

It was not a big deal but I was surprised by the lack of stroking, the total lack of effort on his part trying to sell a car. I lost interest in going for a drive.

The car is still on the agenda if things turn out the way I suspect they will but I will certainly be shopping out of town if it comes to that.
You using a broker?
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:39 AM   #18
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
You using a broker?
I didn't know there were brokers for buying a car.
Purchasing is not happening just yet.

I went for a drive in my car today and realised I would be sad to sell it. Ah well, I don't think it can be helped.

Old 11-20-2019, 06:44 AM   #19
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
These guys seem to be doing some interesting stuff with the Swift platform..

http://www.ctc-performance.co.uk/

Yeah, I've had a look at their website. There doesn't look like too much stuff that interests me for this model. I've already looked at coilovers (the wife looks at handbags so I'm guessing I'm allowed to look at car parts lol). Tein and KW make drop in parts. Suspension is the only thing I'm interested in changing.

Old 11-20-2019, 06:45 AM   #20
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Quote:
So...

I've been there. Stupid useless car salesman. Is there a local website you can use to find the enthusiast Suzuki salesman? There is usually at least one close that actually loves the cars and knows what they are talking about. Sounds like you just found the useless new recruit that will be doing something else in a few months.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (11-20-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 07:09 AM   #21
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
I didn't know there were brokers for buying a car.
Purchasing is not happening just yet.

I went for a drive in my car today and realised I would be sad to sell it. Ah well, I don't think it can be helped.
https://autoexpert.com.au/contact

I've used this guys, ummm, guys previously with excellent success.

Like the ad says, I've saved thousands, no shit..

Love him or hate him (I think he is as funny as fark), he gets the good deals
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (11-20-2019)
Old 11-20-2019, 07:33 AM   #22
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,164 Times in 3,461 Posts
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yeah, I've had a look at their website. There doesn't look like too much stuff that interests me for this model. I've already looked at coilovers (the wife looks at handbags so I'm guessing I'm allowed to look at car parts lol). Tein and KW make drop in parts. Suspension is the only thing I'm interested in changing.
The Cup tyres seemed a bit extreme for the car, especially here in the UK. The weather is never great, 4 seasons in one day...
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:30 AM   #23
korhun
Database error

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 1,657 Times in 614 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
So...

For a moment I thought you were talking about Turkey However, I believe, the sales people here are in a different level; about the "sports" cars especially. In year 2011 I've decided to buy a Golf GTI.

Went to a VW dealer. Got an answer: "No you cannot buy it. Period!"

I went to another, the main distributor of VW. At last a man decided to give his very precious time and talk to me. He said: "OK, but the price raises everyday, so I cannot give you an exact price. Car may come here 3 to 6 months later. You'll pay what ever it is then."

I said: "OK. Can you give me a price in dollar or something, so that I would know that if I can bought it or not?"

He said. "Sure, it will be around N dollars roughly. But this info is not official, you'll get an official number on Monday!" (That N price to the normal Golf price ratio was in accordance to the prices on other countries, including the stupid tax increases.) No response, of course. I called him a week later. He said: "Our people are working hard on determining the price. Be patient!" Rocket scientists are at work!

A few weeks later I called him again. He gave me a stupidly high price. I told him "You said N dollars, WTF?" He said exactly this: "Huh, do you think you could buy a VW GTI with that price?" He sounded like "who the f.ck are you to buy a sports car?" I said something polite in a way that sounded like "Fck off"

I had to forget about VW and decided to buy a Seat Leon CUPRA. I went to the dealer. Only one sales man was dealing with such stupid requests. He tried to convince me that buying a CUPRA is the most stupid thing to do. It's the same car but not comfortable, have very bad seats. It is not as fast as I think. It consumes a lot of fuel, etc. I said: "let's stop talking bullshit and let me buy it!" in a very polite way. He answered "no way! fck off!" in a more polite way.

I got home and called the main VW-Seat distributor center in another city. A nice woman decided to help me; and I got it at last. She even let me decide the color of the car! Nice people are everywhere
korhun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to korhun For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-20-2019)