follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Shadowsong6

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got some bad news today...

Well, I got some not so great news today. My Fiance, who is already in the Army, just arrived at her unit this week, and found out she has been transfered to a brigade that ships out for Afghanistan this July...

We were planning on moving over to her new post in Ft. Carson Colorado together, and getting married before I left for basic in March... not going to happen now, because she has so little time to prepare for deployment.

Long story short, bitching to a minimum, we won't be married before she deploys, and I don't get to see her before I leave for basic.... gotta love the army.
Shadowsong6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong6 View Post
Well, I got some not so great news today. My Fiance, who is already in the Army, just arrived at her unit this week, and found out she has been transfered to a brigade that ships out for Afghanistan this July...

We were planning on moving over to her new post in Ft. Carson Colorado together, and getting married before I left for basic in March... not going to happen now, because she has so little time to prepare for deployment.

Long story short, bitching to a minimum, we won't be married before she deploys, and I don't get to see her before I leave for basic.... gotta love the army.
Welcome to the army life! It is not an easy life, however it has it's rewards. Just keep in mind that you both agreed to give up some of the niceties when you signed on the dotted line. Keep your head up, and make the best of it,think positive and it will make life so much easier.

Good luck to both of you,
Hooah

-Nate
Ricepuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Bochet
( . ) ( . )

Drives: 2001 2.5RS 4Dr 5MT
Thanks for your service. Best of luck to you and yours during deployment.
Bochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
Doty0588

Drives: '00 GC6
Hey if need be and you two already know your going to get married, just go to court house so you two are legally married and can get BAH and BAS and then when she comes back from the deployment and you guys have more money you can have the actual ceremony.
Doty0588 is offline   Reply With Quote