follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #99
TeenSplayer

Drives: Fast
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone have any pictures of the installation, possibly with some labels calling out what is what?

I am doing the install of this kit next week, and was hoping to gather a little more information. I'm pretty sure I understand how the fuel canisters / pumps are to be assembled, but I am not sure what line is what in the engine bay. Also, I am using the fittings that require the feed lines be cut in the engine bay, and I'm not sure which ones these are.

I am incorporating an ethanol content sensor, so if you did that too it would be nice to see.

Thanks in advance for any input anyone can provide!
Old 11-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #100
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenSplayer View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of the installation, possibly with some labels calling out what is what?

I am doing the install of this kit next week, and was hoping to gather a little more information. I'm pretty sure I understand how the fuel canisters / pumps are to be assembled, but I am not sure what line is what in the engine bay. Also, I am using the fittings that require the feed lines be cut in the engine bay, and I'm not sure which ones these are.

I am incorporating an ethanol content sensor, so if you did that too it would be nice to see.

Thanks in advance for any input anyone can provide!
Old 11-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #101
Darkrune

Drives: 2017 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by youcantseeme24 View Post
money pit! lol
No my friend, money pit would be "Lancer Evolution X". I know this from experience.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #102
cf6mech

Drives: FRS Silver LS1 swapped.
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Call Don and have him hook you up,.....if anything have him take some pictures if your not sure. I'm running this system in my car right now and it fixed my problem. A new fuel cell has a whole other set of problems if you want to stay OEM on fuel gauge.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #103
mrk1

Drives: Sterling BRZ Ltd
Thanked 1,389 Times in 671 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Id like to see how the pumps are mounted

GT28RS - eBoost2 - 3.91 Final Drive - Supra LSD
Old 12-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #104
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don@Accelerated View Post
The first thing we had was a surge tank. Unfortunately that doesn't work well.

The factory tank has a crossover pulsation siphon system. The larger flow pump throws that system off. That is primarily one of the reasons people are seeing a starvation problem in corners.

The surgetank relies on the primary system to fulfill its requirements. If the primary system doesn't keep up, your surge system falls off.

Example

2 Pumps in a surge tank for High HP Systems. Requires a 2 Pump lift system to provide an adequate amount of fuel flow over a duration of time. You either need to have a large surge tank, or have enough flow to keep up with the demands of your consumption.

Ok so now we've got 4 pumps in the system. All of them are relatively expensive. We've got an additional enclosure full of gas to kill you in an accident and just another place to leak. Ok Great!

So now lets say you have a 1/2 tank of gas and your considerably below the hump in the primary tank. The pulsation pump will not keep the primary side of tank at an adequate level with the two pumps to keep up the flow to fill the surge tank.

So what do you end up with here. We end up w/ a system that costs considerably to much. Can't run very low, possibly a fire hazard and has flow issues under cornering.
What about 2 lift pumps in-tank? Both feed directly into a y-connection to an inline primary pump which feeds the motor. True it's complex, but that way even at < 1/2 tank, you'll have pumps to pull fuel from.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^

Closed Thread