follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #15
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Drives: '18 MX-5 Club
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
I have this noise. Im a bit worried that the dealers were unable to fix the issue, and instead had to send the car back to the factory.

I dont see that happening in the US, but still...
Sorry, it was misleading. I meant it was sent to a factory. I didn't mean it was sent back to Subaru assembly factory. For an example. I once had to get my glass roof replaced, which required to lift the whole top that weighs over 100 lbs. The dealer sent my car to another factory to get it done. What I meant in my first post is, the dealer the owner brought the car to might not have the equipment (my guess) to adjust the welding and sent the car to another factory to get it done. The information I found did not explain the reason why it was sent to another factory, but that's my guess.

EDIT:
I got the word "factory" by directly translating from Japanese to English. But I think more proper word I should use is "shop". I updated my first post to avoid confusion.

Last edited by Sigh-on-Rice; 08-03-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Sigh-on-Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sigh-on-Rice For This Useful Post:
civicdrivr (08-03-2012), irxproductions (08-25-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #16
Froylavin

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I have those exact symptoms. Every single one and it comes from that exact area. I actually had my girlfriend in the back with the rear seats down.

The fix looks impossible since I live in Lebanon, I have one of only three GT86s (no BRZs here yet) in the country and the dealers are clueless. Any ideas on what I can do to fix the problem? Will applying weight from the top or pressure from the bottom help in anyway? Can you give any additional information on the exact sources of the problem?

Sorry for all the questions, but I can't turn off the music in my car because when I do hear it, it drives me nuts.
Froylavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #17
NYC BRZ
AutoX Addict

Drives: 08 Pontiac G8 GT,13 GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Also check that your seats are fully locked in place. My rear latches weren't and it clicked. Close it back up and it's all good.
2013 BRZ Limited- GBS - 6MT -VIN #0937
~~NYR SCCA # 18 C Street R (CSR)~~
"But there’s no mistaking the noise. This car is loud, and not in a particularly nice way. There’s no crisp exhaust note, no induction wheezing. It’s just the sound of petrol exploding in a metal box." - Jeremy Clarkson
NYC BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
cobrabyte

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
I have this clicking sound, too. I checked my rear seat to see if it was fully secured and it was. Looking forward to a TSB on this one.
cobrabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froylavin View Post
I have those exact symptoms. Every single one and it comes from that exact area. I actually had my girlfriend in the back with the rear seats down.

The fix looks impossible since I live in Lebanon, I have one of only three GT86s (no BRZs here yet) in the country and the dealers are clueless. Any ideas on what I can do to fix the problem? Will applying weight from the top or pressure from the bottom help in anyway? Can you give any additional information on the exact sources of the problem?

Sorry for all the questions, but I can't turn off the music in my car because when I do hear it, it drives me nuts.
It drives me nuts too. I understand how you feel.

I keep searching for this issue. I find a several people who are attempting to fix this issue on their own, but I still don't find anyone who was successful. This issue seems to be becoming a hot issue beyond Japanese owners now. I'm pretty sure they will come up with a formal bulletin in Japan soon. Then I hope that gets distributed to Toyota across the countries. Your dealer then should be aware of this, I'm thinking.

As of now, I'd say it's not something anyone can fix on their own. I wouldn't try to fix it on my own because if it's that easy, someone would've done it by now. I will post updates on my first post as I find anymore information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC BRZ View Post
Also check that your seats are fully locked in place. My rear latches weren't and it clicked. Close it back up and it's all good.
Thanks. I already listed on my first post that the noise gets sharper with the rear seats down. But I should still add your point to my list of symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabyte View Post
I have this clicking sound, too. I checked my rear seat to see if it was fully secured and it was. Looking forward to a TSB on this one.
Yes, I can't wait for the TSB too.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Garage
Ok, I guess I'm done with searching. I updated the first post with the most current information. Now, I just wait until this fix comes to U.S. and then get mine fixed.

I wonder how long it will take...
Old 08-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
|-Goku-|

Drives: 2011 Civic Si
I'm not sure if this is the noise I am hearing in the rear of my FR-S.

Mine sounds like a metallic buzzing noise(if that makes sense) or like a quick tapping sound. Not sure the best way to describe it. Wonder if its the same thing?
|-Goku-| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #22
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by |-Goku-| View Post
I'm not sure if this is the noise I am hearing in the rear of my FR-S.

Mine sounds like a metallic buzzing noise(if that makes sense). Wonder if its the same thing?
I think, buzzing noise is closer to rattling noise than the noise I'm talking about in this thread. I would first check below 3.
1) Check the 3rd brake light housing. Stuff a towel with some pressure between the 3rd brake light housing and the rear glass. See if removes the noise.
2) Check to see if the rear seats are fully locked in place. Make sure both ends of the rear seats top are pressed to lock in. The buttons on top of the two ends of the rear seats should not show the red section. The buttons should be sunk into the rear seats hiding the red section.
3) Check to see if the emergency trunk release tab inside of the trunk is secured and not hanging. This tab is behind (the other side of) the rear license plate. There is a way to secure this, but if you can't figure it out, you could just tape it on.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #23
|-Goku-|

Hey Rice, you should add this link to your description of the noise, so if someone comes in here for the wireless transmitter noise, then it will direct them to it!

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=358267
The Following User Says Thank You to |-Goku-| For This Useful Post:
Sigh-on-Rice (08-03-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #24
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by |-Goku-| View Post
Hey Rice, you should add this link to your description of the noise, so if someone comes in here for the wireless transmitter noise, then it will direct them to it!

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=358267
Good idea. I just added to the first post. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #25
|-Goku-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigh-on-Rice View Post
Good idea. I just added to the first post. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
Subie
Señor Member

Drives: 2013 SSM DZE BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigh-on-Rice View Post
I think that would sound more like a metal squeaking sound. Something like:
squeaaaak... squeak........ squeaaaaak.

This noise is more like quick tick/click noises. Something like:
tick!..... click!.. click!............ tick!
It's more of a tapping noise to be honest. Today I drove with the rear seat down for the first time and noticed that the noise was louder than before; it seems to be coming from the rear deck, or at least the trunk area.
Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #27
Sigh-on-Rice
Waited 5 years for this

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie View Post
It's more of a tapping noise to be honest. Today I drove with the rear seat down for the first time and noticed that the noise was louder than before; it seems to be coming from the rear deck, or at least the trunk area.
If you're hearing the noise regardless of the vehicle speed, then you seem like having the same noise I'm having. I hope TSB comes out soon, so that we get ours fixed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sigh-on-Rice For This Useful Post:
31katys (05-04-2013), Subie (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #28
mr. slim
SoCal86

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
So many TSBs coming out for this car. I still love it tho!
.: FRS86 :.
mr. slim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mr. slim For This Useful Post:
MannyO (08-09-2012)