follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 11-27-2015, 06:30 PM   #43
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Paul, with all due respect, this matter could have been resolved in a much simpler resolution. However, despite all of that, I am thankful that in the end @Diode Dynamics is taking care of their customers. This was indeed a great learning opportunity for the both of us, and I'm appreciative that you took this event seriously and reflect the principles of integrity, respect, and most importantly; continuous improvement.

~Happy Thanksgiving
As I mentioned in my email, thanks very much for your persistence and dedication in bringing this to our attention. It should not have required that, but it has really opened our eyes, and we've started putting systems and policies in place for the way we handle issues with products, so that this does not happen again, and so that we can be more proactive in addressing problems. A good learning opportunity, indeed. I greatly appreciate your patience.

Paul
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:03 AM   #44
morswestford

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hello, i didn't receive any recall email like you stated.

anyways yesterday i had the auto shop put in the new foglight assembly that you sent me last month.

are you saying now that it's only a matter of time before i get this moisture issue again and are you wanting to replace the harness? the only thing you sent me was the assembly housing.

right now after installing the new assembly on my driver side it's free and clear of any moisture but who knows how long this will last.

i told the shop to inspect the connector and harness and make sure nothing is melting or burning and they said they didn't find anything so i hope it doesn't get moisture again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Copying e-mail here, in case anyone did not receive it.

Hello,

We have recently become aware of possible issues with the 2013+ Scion FR-S Foglight Kit, which you purchased from us some time ago. Please read this email in full, and contact us if you believe your kit exhibits any issue, so that we may assist you in resolving it.

We currently believe the problems to be isolated in nature, and limited to a very specific run of foglamps and/or wire harnesses.

Specifically, some fog lamps may develop excessive moisture buildup over time, with normal use. As stated in your owner's manual, some condensation from time to time is normal for all automotive lamps, due to pressurization cycles. However, in some of the fog lamps we provided, there is an excessive amount of moisture, that does not dry over time. If you believe that one or both of your fog lamps are developing excessive moisture, please contact us for a free replacement.

Additionally, we believe that in an extremely limited number of cases, there may be an improper wire crimp on the provided harness, which may fail prematurely. In the case of wire failure, the harness may short out to the vehicle chassis, or build up too much resistance for power to be transmit properly. While this harness is protected by the inline fuse, it should not solely be relied upon to prevent any problems. Please inspect the connectors going to your bulbs on the fog lamp, as well as all other connection points. Please ensure that the harness is grounded well, to bare metal. If you notice any type of deformation or heat buildup on any connectors, please contact us for a replacement harness.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that these issues may cause. We work hard to verify that all of our products, and components from our suppliers, meet our standards for quality and reliability. Unfortunately, the issues described here have developed only after months, or years, of use. We are now implementing additional test procedures and working with new suppliers in order to ensure that these problems do not continue.

Again, we believe these problems to be isolated in nature, but we would like all purchasers to be aware, so that you might contact us if any problem develops with your kit. If you were denied replacement or service for any reason in the past for these problems, we sincerely apologize, and hope that you will contact us for a replacement at this time.

If you should have any questions about this message, or any products you have purchased from us in the past, please contact us so that we might assist you. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding, and we hope that we can help to resolve any issue you may be experiencing.

Thank you,
Paul
Diode Dynamics
morswestford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #45
ChrisSC300

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I having issues with my Diode Dynamics LED fogs as well. Passenger side went out after 2 weeks, thought it was the bulb. DD sent a replacement no problem. Still didn't work, turns out the fuse was blown. Replaced, worked fine for approx 3 months. Noticed the Driver side fog was out. Another blown fuse. Now I see threads about fires...... Might chalk it up to a $80 mistake and run without the fogs on. Not worth it. Somethings not right blowing 2 fuses in 3 months. Its a shame they looked good when they worked.
ChrisSC300 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisSC300 For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #46
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
As I mentioned in my email, thanks very much for your persistence and dedication in bringing this to our attention. It should not have required that, but it has really opened our eyes, and we've started putting systems and policies in place for the way we handle issues with products, so that this does not happen again, and so that we can be more proactive in addressing problems. A good learning opportunity, indeed. I greatly appreciate your patience.

Paul

So the ones currently being sold online and in the future won't have this issue correct? This is really making me think super carefully about purchasing these
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:58 AM   #47
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
So the ones currently being sold online and in the future won't have this issue correct? This is really making me think super carefully about purchasing these
We are thoroughly checking all components, and all new kits are shipping with completely new and upgraded heavy-duty relays instead of the basic ones.
Thanks!
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote