follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 03-14-2016, 02:31 PM   #43
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiranakayama View Post
Haha. Did you check the link I included? Since DiodeDynamics are apparently not selling their Always-On module for the BRZ, I've read some members who have posted that they have opted for the Beat-Sonic unit instead. Doing a Google search returns nothing on Beat-Sonic selling a BRZ specific unit and their FRS unit is explicitly stated to NOT work for the BRZ.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=13

So I'm just wondering where people are getting a Beat-Sonic unit that works for the BRZ.

Seriously, though, why the hostility? I did my due diligence, couldn't find an answer, and have asked a perfectly valid question. I've been the Search Nazi before, too, but damn...
You mean this quote that you linked to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj View Post
It seems like Diode Dynamics dropped their FR-S module. They said something about it coming in a few weeks(months ago), then they hid the related youtube video, and then they stopped responding. So, I bought the BeatSonic one when I learned of it, and it works perfectly.
The dude owns an FRS. Not sure why that's supposed to mean anything about it being used on a BRZ.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:35 PM   #44
akiranakayama

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (CBS)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
You mean this quote that you linked to?

The dude owns an FRS. Not sure why that's supposed to mean anything about it being used on a BRZ.
He posted it in a thread about the DiodeDynamics Always-On Module for the BRZ. There are a few members posting in that thread about their FR-S's as well so it's all jumbled up. One post earlier to the one I linked has someone saying that Beat-Sonic makes a similar module for the BRZ.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=136

And again, just to reiterate: Yes, it is completely obvious even from a cursory search on Beat-Sonic's site that there isn't a BRZ specific module. But yet there seems to be mention of one that exists. I was simply asking if anyone had actually come across one. I'm not sure that warrants this kind of reaction from long-standing members of this forum...
2007 Suzuki SV650 (Track bike.)
akiranakayama is offline   Reply With Quote