follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
EAGLE5, finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 04:58 AM   #32453
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Cuz their bread is made out of the same rubber material as your running shoes.
Wouldn't that make me full?
Old 06-09-2017, 05:18 AM   #32454
Boomerang

Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,166 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
It's a sad day when you realize that you don't actually need a foot long sub to not feel hungry anymore, and that a 6" is actually enough.
That's not what she said..
Old 06-09-2017, 07:15 AM   #32455
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
It's an even sadder day to realize that you've had that realization, but can't stop buying and eating the foot-long anyway because, even though it costs more total, you get more food per dollar.... even if you don't NEED more food..
Well, you know you can always save half of it for later. In fact, at least around here, if you ask nice they will wrap the two halves separately to help avoid the urge to eat both halves.

My favorite place to get subs though is Publix (a grocery store chain in Southeast US for those not familiar). Their hot chicken finger sub on in store made real French bread is delicious and easily makes two meals! (and yes it actually looks like the picture).

Crap..now I'm hungry.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Old 06-09-2017, 07:55 AM   #32456
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
Wouldn't that make me full?
More hungry cuz your body breaks down fake food that it has no fucking clue what it is much faster than real food.

I've heard on the radio before that Subway chicken has the least amount of real chicken out of all the big fast food chains, claiming it's mostly soy lmao!
Old 06-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #32457
HotLeopardMama
Hello Kitty FRS ^_^

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
...lol, that's Vietnamese Spongebob praying and saying, "breathe in, breathe out"....

2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout AT owner since June 2, 2012 - #2803
RS*R Sports-i Coilovers & LCAs|OEMaudio+ Reference|Milltek Exhaust|OZRacing FormulaHLT Wheels|Downforce CF Lip Kit|Beat-Sonic Fin & Roof Spoiler|Cusco Rear Subframe Brace
My Build Thread|Tuesday Night Irvine DJ Meet|@HotLeopardMama
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HotLeopardMama For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (06-09-2017), Tcoat (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #32458
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
LOL Random is prolly the best place to ask random questions so here goes.

hmm having a little bit of Dilemma here, so I recently got myself into a condo. And after weeks of talks with my partner who wasn't supportive of the BRZ (she wants a convertible). I have been cleared to keep the BRZ althought I would have to pay for everything etc. Now...I'm thinking I want to celebrate by putting the wheels (BRZ Sti wheels) I purchased for the BRZ late last year on the car finally. (it's also like a birthday present to me) I'm gonna keep the Michelins and I'm pretty fond of my 17 stocks but I wanna be different since I already have the other wheels.

OR! I can be a financially responsible SOB and sell the wheels for a fair price and get stuff which we'll need for the Condo(washer and dryer etc) I could also let go of the stocks for a fair price as well. I think 17 stocks would fetch at least $400, and the Sti Wheels 500-600$.

Price of putting the wheels on and keeping the stocks is only $140.

I've even made sure to pay extra for a condo unit that has a garage for the BRZ.

Alternatively, I could also trade for a Miata, and pay a lower monthly because she would cosign and pay half. But I don't really wanna do that because well you know those horror stories about co signing with a girlfriend. Even if she's a long time partner.

What to DO!?

I need your wisdom, RANDOM!

"The BRZ Section's fine wine" -Zgrinch
Old 06-09-2017, 03:53 PM   #32459
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku View Post

hmm having a little bit of Dilemma here, so I recently got myself into a condo. And after weeks of talks with my partner who wasn't supportive of the BRZ (she wants a convertible). I have been cleared to keep the BRZ althought I would have to pay for everything etc. Now...I'm thinking I want to celebrate by putting the wheels (BRZ Sti wheels) I purchased for the BRZ late last year on the car finally. (it's also like a birthday present to me) I'm gonna keep the Michelins and I'm pretty fond of my 17 stocks but I wanna be different since I already have the other wheels.

OR! I can be a financially responsible SOB and sell the wheels for a fair price and get stuff which we'll need for the Condo(washer and dryer etc) I could also let go of the stocks for a fair price as well. I think 17 stocks would fetch at least $400, and the Sti Wheels 500-600$.

I've even made sure to pay extra for a condo unit that has a garage for the BRZ.

Alternatively, I could also trade for a Miata, and pay a lower monthly because she would cosign and pay half. But I don't really wanna do that because well you know those horror stories about co signing with a girlfriend. Even if she's a long time partner.

What to DO!?

Yeah be a grown up, although when you broke up you can put the washer and all the stuff in the BRZ. Got the drift?
The Following User Says Thank You to Teseo For This Useful Post:
Zaku (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #32460
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,522 Times in 18,923 Posts
Mentioned: 1107 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
You already bought the wheels and they're yours, not community property. You deserve that.

Would sell at a loss even brand new.

Miata-schmiata. You've put a great deal of work into your car. Be a supportive boyfriend and encourage her to get her own car, you know, for her independence and personal growth.

Save up for the washer/dryer together. She'll get them after the breakup anyhow.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #32461
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
...But I don't really wanna do that because well you know those horror stories about co signing with a girlfriend. Even if she's a long time partner...
Yea, never do that. Everything should be purchased by one person or the other (including rental agreements, etc) unless married....

...and even then some people would say its questionable but you do have some legal protection at that point.

Like I tell my sons, only two outcomes to any relationship, either it lasts forever or it breaks up at some point. You need to plan it that way.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
gramicci101 (06-10-2017), HotLeopardMama (07-24-2018), soulreapersteve (06-09-2017), Tcoat (06-09-2017), Ultramaroon (06-09-2017), Zaku (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #32462
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

What to DO!?

If I recall a previous post correctly she has been wishy washy on each car selection. What is stopping her from not liking a Miata after you have had it a bit? As I made very clear in a thread on the subject it is very important to reach an agreement with loved ones on such things but at the same time you already own the car so why change if you like it just because she no longer does. That can end up being an ongoing cycle forever. As far as the wheels go you would probably take more than a $140 loss on selling them so by putting them on you actually break even (weird logic but it works for me).
Dadhawk (06-09-2017), HotLeopardMama (07-24-2018), soulreapersteve (06-09-2017), Ultramaroon (06-09-2017), Zaku (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #32463
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Thanks, I think I'm going to order the center caps for them (I could forgo that but I hate things being incomplete) and put the wheels on, I think about $268 to have everything said and done. I'll have a unique car to my liking. To be responsible however I think I'll wait a bit longer, maybe I'll put them on for 86 expo.

Like her I miss having a convertible(I'm not impressed enough by any Miata variant to want to give up the BRZ tbh) the only perk is I wouldn't have to pay for all of it which isn't a very good idea. Marriage isn't too far away I've been with this lady for a long while but even then like Dadhawk say it's an iffy thing.

With all said and done I think I'll keep the stocks too, I'm sure we can work together to save for the appliances or something not going out to eat as much etc.

See Random is a great place to go for life's questions!

Old 06-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #32464
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
@Zaku

Didn't you wait 5 years for the BRZ????
The Twins make me smile
Old 06-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #32465
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
@Zaku

Didn't you wait 5 years for the BRZ????
Yeah! I did, but to be honest I was really in love with my Miata and S2000 at the time and I raced the Miata often as it was set up for track use. If I could turn back time I think I'd get the BRZ in 2013 and possibly move on to another platform by now. Then again the s2000 was the car I've always wanted and finally owned for the two year before my BRZ.

Honestly I like my BRZ but I'm not in love with it.prolly because it's my first new car and I haven't Mod it much. We will see.

Last edited by Zaku; 06-09-2017 at 09:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zaku For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #32466
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Yeah! I did, but to be honest I was really in love with my Miata and S2000 at the time and I raced the Miata often as it was set up for track use. If I could turn back time I think I'd get the BRZ in 2013 and possibly move on to another platform by now. Then again the s2000 was the car I've always wanted and finally owned for the two year before my BRZ.

Honestly I like my BRZ but I'm not in love with it.prolly because it's my first new car and I haven't Mod it much. We will see.
The S2000 was the car that got me into cars!

If I had cash on hand back then, I would not be here right now haha.

Found a pristine condition AP1 with 50k on the clock for only 17k. IIRC, it also had a hardtop :o

Really wanted it but then.. kinda found the FRS by accident
The Twins make me smile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
Andrew025 (06-10-2017), Tcoat (06-09-2017), Zaku (06-09-2017)
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis