follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2017, 10:06 PM   #1
15limited

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Perrin P.S.R.S. clearance issue

After installing Perrin offset control arm bushings I've encountered a problem with clearance between the ball joint end of the control arm and the inside of the rotors. Has anyone else had this problem, or could think as to why I might be experiencing this issue? Lowered somewhere between 1 to 1 1/2 inches on Fortune Auto 500's with -2.5° of camber, Buddy club extended ball joints and Perrin poly bushings, stock rotors.

You can see the scoring of the rotor circled.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk
Perrin Transmission Bolt, Drift Button,Intake Tube, Radiator Hoses, Engine Mounts, Gurney Flap Diode Dynamics Always On Module OLM 3k HID Foglights GCS Smoked Side Markers Motul Gear 300/300 V OE Acantara arm rest Password JDM Dry Carbon rear diffuser Rally Armour Mud flaps H.I.C side & rear visor Gruppe-S UEL header/OP HKS Front Pipe Leg Sport Cat Back Koyorad aluminum radiator Wheelhaus CF low pro 3rd brake light Toms JDM Clear Tail Lamps
15limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:47 PM   #2
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,376 Times in 4,136 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15limited View Post
After installing Perrin offset control arm bushings.............
Have you contacted Perrin?

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
15limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Have you contacted Perrin?
Not yet, I've only been able to find a couple of threads of people using the part. The forum seems to be the largest wealth of knowledge and much quicker then contacting the manufacture directly.

Perrin Transmission Bolt, Drift Button,Intake Tube, Radiator Hoses, Engine Mounts, Gurney Flap Diode Dynamics Always On Module OLM 3k HID Foglights GCS Smoked Side Markers Motul Gear 300/300 V OE Acantara arm rest Password JDM Dry Carbon rear diffuser Rally Armour Mud flaps H.I.C side & rear visor Gruppe-S UEL header/OP HKS Front Pipe Leg Sport Cat Back Koyorad aluminum radiator Wheelhaus CF low pro 3rd brake light Toms JDM Clear Tail Lamps
Old 05-09-2017, 10:57 PM   #4
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15limited View Post
Not yet, I've only been able to find a couple of threads of people using the part. The forum seems to be the largest wealth of knowledge and much quicker then contacting the manufacture directly.
Huh? I'm not sure waiting for an answer here beats a phone call. I am assuming you are in the U.S. given PNW.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:01 PM   #5
15limited

Quote:
Huh? I'm not sure waiting for an answer here beats a phone call. I am assuming you are in the U.S. given PNW.
I'm not going to leave the problem unresolved for weeks on end, and I don't usually have time to call them during the day.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #6
15limited

Quote:
Whatever, they're your brakes. But it seems you have time to browse the web checking out car forums.
When I'm off work, yes. Thanks for the advice.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:08 PM   #7
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

My apologies. I didn't check the time there as I posted.
I deleted that comment.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,352 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Where was your camber added? Camber plate, or at the knuckle? If you add a bit of camber at the knuckle (either a crash bolt or slotted upper hole), you'll move the rotor away from the LCA a bit. You won't get a ton of clearance, but enough to not rub.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #9
15limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Where was your camber added? Camber plate, or at the knuckle? If you add a bit of camber at the knuckle (either a crash bolt or slotted upper hole), you'll move the rotor away from the LCA a bit. You won't get a ton of clearance, but enough to not rub.
Yeah I maxed out SPC crash bolt on the bottom which I think was good for about 1.5° and another degree on the camber plate