follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canada Classifieds

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
WTB: driver's side interior sun visor/vanity mirror with light

Got into my car today, felt something in my teeth, pulled down my visor to do a quick check in the mirror before hitting the road...

As the visor folded down, I heard a sickening "snap". Seems like the mechanism that holds the visor in the closed position has broken, so now the visor will not stay up in either direction, meaning it was hanging down directly in front of my eyes.

Obviously couldn't drive like that. Tried duct tape; wouldn't hold to the fabric headliner, so I had to remove the visor entirely just so I could see enough to drive to work.

SO, that all being said...

WTB driver's side sun visor/vanity mirror assembly with built-in light. Would prefer local to GTA to avoid shipping. I can live without this part for now so I'm not in a rush. It's a strange request so I'll probably have to look for someone that might be completely parting-out a written-off vehicle, as I doubt anyone would be looking to just sell theirs, and this is not really a part you upgrade.

Alternatively if nobody has one, but someone maybe knows a local wrecking yard that might have one I could source, let me know.

Cheers!

Last edited by SLVRSRFR; 10-15-2018 at 03:35 PM.
SLVRSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
SleeBrzz

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I've got a spare driver visor id be able to sell you for $20 located in Bolton.

Or I know that Toronto Auto Parts @ 50 Baywood Road, Etobicoke currently have 2 frs in their yard. I went the other day and got some parts from them. I'm sure you could get whatever you need from them as well!
SleeBrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #3
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeBrzz View Post
So I've got a spare driver visor id be able to sell you for $20 located in Bolton.

Or I know that Toronto Auto Parts @ 50 Baywood Road, Etobicoke currently have 2 frs in their yard. I went the other day and got some parts from them. I'm sure you could get whatever you need from them as well!
PM'd!!