follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #393
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
Work on the Vanguard reputation, that's how I finally broke past level 24. Blues don't cut it anymore, you need purples to get past 24 and that's the only guaranteed way to get them. Do all the daily Vanguard bounties, do tons of patrols, farm public events in Russia. You'll get there quicker than you think.

I'll help you if you want, working on level 3 so I can buy some good weapons.
This is what I'm doing/did.
I just kept playing and farming until I eventually found blue gear that would upgrade to 15 light max each, and it got me to lvl24. Then kept working vanguard rep and marks (bounties, patrol missions, daily/weekly stuff) until I had 130 marks at rep 2, so then I could afford a couple pieces of armor. I also had 18 coins, so I restrained myself until I could see what Xur had to offer first. In the mean time, I ran queen bounties and kill orders, got a queen legendary chest piece as a reward. Friday I found Xur and he was selling an exotic warlock helmet. So then I had a legendary chest and exotic helm, which left me two pieces (gauntlets and boots) I needed for a full legendary+ set. That instantly got me to lvl25, then slowly leveled the gear to hit 27. You'll need a lot of ascendant shards to level past this, I think you can top out at 29 with one exotic piece... Need full raid gear (raid rewards) to reach 30.

Just keep killing lots of baddies, drops are random, but rewards are better at harder difficulties. Drops also get better with your character. It's as if the drop quality is calculated with your character level, so the upgrade gear you do manage to find won't be massive, it'll be incremental.

As-is, I've only found one purple weapon ever, an arc fusion rifle. I'm about to hit vanguard rep 3, which has taken a LOT of bounties etc, but to be able to pick and choose from all those purples will be a reward in itself. Should have 150 marks to go shopping by this weekend!
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:36 AM   #394
wheelhaus

Phew, just solo'ed the weekly strike against the huge tank and Valus on hard lvl 28 (I'm still 27) and picked up 9 coins. If I can find 4 more I might be able to swing a legendary primary from Xur, I really need something with more punch. Found a little spot behind some crates under a ramp in the far right corner from the entry point to hide out and play jump up peekaboo. Took a few tries, damn he hits hard!
Old 10-01-2014, 02:15 AM   #395
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My wife just started playing, has a girl character and a girly name, immediately gets random invites as soon as she got into the tower from the very first mission. Jesus Christ, forever alone types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Phew, just solo'ed the weekly strike against the huge tank and Valus on hard lvl 28 (I'm still 27) and picked up 9 coins. If I can find 4 more I might be able to swing a legendary primary from Xur, I really need something with more punch. Found a little spot behind some crates under a ramp in the far right corner from the entry point to hide out and play jump up peekaboo. Took a few tries, damn he hits hard!
That's exactly what I did to solo it.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #396
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Oh yeah? How long did it take? I need 9 coins for Xur this weekend too.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #397
wheelhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
Oh yeah? How long did it take? I need 9 coins for Xur this weekend too.
I think the whole thing maybe an hour, 1.5? (not including repeat tries). Once you figure out the timing it's cake. I died the quickest when he used his machine gun and I jumped up and lingered for too long. Clear the nearby cabal, jump up, get a shot or throw a grenade and drop down quickly. His DPS is bananas and he'll pop you in a split second if he starts landing shots.

The tank area was pretty simple, use the interceptor to take out all the cabal around the tower. Then once the tank drops, take cover behind the rock pillar right before that big lower arena, and pop out to launch a rocket or two when the tank is in the closer half (the rockets explode midair at a certain range, so the tank can't be at the back of the arena). I used the right hand side to pop out and keep the tank's interest. None of his other attacks matter, just the main cannon. Just be careful, he's a master at arcing his shots juuuust over the ledge. The interceptor can withstand 1-2 direct hits from the main cannon, but once it starts smoking replace it, a direct hit could pop you. The interceptors will respawn as long as you explode the old one. The cabal in the lower arena won't bother you until you drop down, they're easy enough to pop with the interceptor if you just kite in a big circle.

For Valus, the hardest thing is patience, especially for the forst 25% and 75% when he's by the nearest wall. I was using a warlock, and the radiance buff was extremely helpful to regen about 4-5 grenades quickly. He stands in one spot by his doors for the first 25% of the fight, then on the opposite side of the room until 50% (this part is easiest, just jump out and take care of the cabal and snipe his head, and then he comes back to the first spot until 75%, then he chases after you until he's dead. If you're in the pit I mentioned behind the crates, he can't touch you and will just stand there and stomp his feet. Just grenade/super/shoot his face and he goes down. The cabal are a PITA during the fight, unless you have a bunch of ammo boxes you'll run dry quickly. They will run up and down the ramp trying to get at you, and stand at the top and bottom. headshot them if they're at the top and they'll move. Wait until they're running by or at the bottom for a quick jump/melee. You'll get an occasional ammo drop, but once Valus moves across the room you can jump out and roam that corner freely to grab ammo and kill cabal unless they overwhelm you.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #398
D.Scrye

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
PSN: eldenser
PS4
Warlock
Old 10-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #399
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Weekly strike was cake this week. Used my Gunslinger hunter and teamed up with my friend's Defender Titan. All we did was patiently wait and spam super until he died. If you guys didn't know yet the bubble that titans use generate orbs of light everytime enemies shoot at it. So once it's active bait them into shooting it to charge your own super up!
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MokSpeed For This Useful Post:
53Driver (10-01-2014)
Old 10-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #400
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
The weekly nightfall is a pain in the ass. Its seriously like the hardest one they could possibly have you do.

,l,, stupid nightfall.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #401
k.houan

Drives: BRZZZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone down to do the vault of glass with me later today? I'm only level 24 warlock and have a lvl 26 titan player, need 4 more players! Let me know and I'll shoot everyone an invite around 4pm pst

Sent from my LG G3
k.houan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #402
tahdizzle
So elite I'm 1338

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,934 Times in 982 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Don't get off til 5, but good luck.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #403
k.houan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahdizzle View Post
Don't get off til 5, but good luck.
Well if we get a few people that can make it around 530 we can just do it then!

Sent from my LG G3
Old 10-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #404
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
I believe I can but I'm not sure how long I'll have since it'll be much later over here than where you are. But I'd like too. So 7:30 my time is what you're thinking? I'm lv 26 hunter. Could potentially hit 27 if I can do a bit of materials farming.
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #405
k.houan

Garage
Awesome well anyone that's down to join add me if we arent friends already, psn username: khouan

Sent from my LG G3
Old 10-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #406
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
So as of now armor piercing rounds shoot through walls. Not in just PvE but PvP as well. I was sniping people behind a rock on Mars. Not sure if this is a glitch or if they will patch it soon but I am exploiting this whenever I can. Just letting you all know...
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MokSpeed For This Useful Post:
f0rge (10-01-2014)