follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 06-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #15
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
I didn't miss that part and I didn't miss the part where he says he bought the wheels but really didn't, I know nothing about the customer service of wheel dude but I do know OP seems to make things up. I give OP zero credibility coming in and bashing a company he has never done business with and seemed to have started off by trying to get a free wheel because he bought a car with a bent wheel.
Except he's not the only one who is getting no response. And it was "to see if they can help or buy another wheel". I doubt he truly expected a free wheel. He may have also been looking for help from the vendor to see about a warranty claim.

I agree that its bs to claim that he bought them if they came with the car.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #16
Zixxerguy

Drives: 2013 supercharged frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evomike View Post
I didn't miss that part and I didn't miss the part where he says he bought the wheels but really didn't, I know nothing about the customer service of wheel dude but I do know OP seems to make things up. I give OP zero credibility coming in and bashing a company he has never done business with and seemed to have started off by trying to get a free wheel because he bought a car with a bent wheel.
First of all I wasn't just trying to get a free wheel because I bought a car with a bent wheel. But if I could get it for free yes I would take it, but I would pay for it if they couldn't. I got the car from a very good friend and he was going to contact wheeldude to see what they could do, but before he could we had made a deal on the car. I have all the receipts where the wheels were bought and could get my friend to do everything but was trying to handle it myself. I first contacted them asking what they could do, then the other 4 or so times I only asked about buying one wheel. But for the people that are actually interested in whats happening not bashing someone they don't know about something they don't know the whole story. Wheeldude FINALLY contacted me 10 days later, after I did some bashing on several sites, saying that he tried calling me and hopes he can still take care of my order. I emailed back and told him the situation and now I have to send pictures and explain what happen. So it looks like they might be finally going to come through on doing something. Never seen a company take so long to respond to so many emails.
Zixxerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #17
Zixxerguy

Drives: 2013 supercharged frs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Except he's not the only one who is getting no response. And it was "to see if they can help or buy another wheel". I doubt he truly expected a free wheel. He may have also been looking for help from the vendor to see about a warranty claim.

I agree that its bs to claim that he bought them if they came with the car.
Yes this is exactly what I was trying to do, get some help. Yea I probably shouldn't have said I bought the wheels but to me it's almost the same thing. My really close friend actually still owns the car I'm basically just paying payments and driving it. I was just trying to take care of it myself because he stays pretty busy.
Zixxerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #18
Curtis

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ, 2005 Chevy Halfton
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Little update on my experience with WheelDude.

I called them for pricing and shipping information, got a quote for some 18 " rota grids, and got a price estimate for shipping to Canada, they told me they had the rims in stock. I was told 7-10 days, so then I ordered the rims online.

14 days has gone by and nothing so I emailed them... They got back to me in two days, but my rims are on hold for a reason that hasn't been explained to me... Waiting for another reply

My guess is that they in fact do not have the rims in stock, and they are on "hold" until they get more. This was my concern in the first place which is why I called and asked.

So I can't say the service is very good, they could have at least contacted me to tell me my rims are on hold so I wasn't left in the dark (no tracking number either)

Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 05:28 PM   #19
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Check with Dan (or the other guys) at Mach V Motorsports. They sell Rota. http://www.fastwrx.com/
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #20
MonoRaven

Drives: 2014 Monogram Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
Little update on my experience with WheelDude.

I called them for pricing and shipping information, got a quote for some 18 " rota grids, and got a price estimate for shipping to Canada, they told me they had the rims in stock. I was told 7-10 days, so then I ordered the rims online.

14 days has gone by and nothing so I emailed them... They got back to me in two days, but my rims are on hold for a reason that hasn't been explained to me... Waiting for another reply

My guess is that they in fact do not have the rims in stock, and they are on "hold" until they get more. This was my concern in the first place which is why I called and asked.

So I can't say the service is very good, they could have at least contacted me to tell me my rims are on hold so I wasn't left in the dark (no tracking number either)
Same thing happened to me. Said they had them in stock, then I called 2 weeks after order and they said their inventory showed 5 but when they went to pull the order they could only find 3. They had to wait on a shipment from the Phillipines and 3 weeks later told me they were delayed because of a Typhoon (which a big Typhoon had just gone through the Phillipines). So almost 4 months after ordering them I finally got them.
I was going to cancel my order and buy from someone else but I searched everywhere but could not find them anywhere.
What made me most mad was they charged my card and had my money and I had to pay for them without even knowing if I would ever get them. They should have held off charging me until they shipped them.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:09 AM   #21
Liehtw8

Drives: 2022 Toyota GR86
Too bad you guys had crappy experiences. I called my order in and had them within 2 weeks (Canada). Hit and miss I guess. This was almost two years ago though.
Liehtw8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:58 PM   #22
Curtis

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ, 2005 Chevy Halfton
Just an update.

I ended up getting my rims after a few emails back n forth, there system took my payment but didn't register it so after I emailed them they sorted it out and they shipped fast after that.

Rims came and they look great!

My advice is to put through a payment on the phone to avoid what happend to me.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:28 PM   #23
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Drives: All the time
Thanked 1,067 Times in 674 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
The fact that there's been no comment on here by anyone from Wheeldude speaks volumes of their (lack of) support.
venturaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #24
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturaII View Post
The fact that there's been no comment on here by anyone from Wheeldude speaks volumes of their (lack of) support.
I disagree.
This isn't the only forum that exists. They are probably the #1 retailer of rotas. Marketing costs money(which raises costs/prices). And support takes time. And if no one is getting paid to do it, who is going to do it?
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:38 PM   #25
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
I disagree.
This isn't the only forum that exists. They are probably the #1 retailer of rotas. Marketing costs money(which raises costs/prices). And support takes time. And if no one is getting paid to do it, who is going to do it?

Of course it's not. However, given the selection on their site seems to be overwhelmingly in favor of Subarus and Scions, along with the fact that they have plenty of posts on this forum in the past when there's something to sell, and they've been posting up until last month, it's not like they don't know where the forum is. And being #1 in sales has nothing to do with service/support. The whole point of the thread is that their support is terrible, and ignoring the thread and/or the forum in general simply puts and exclamation mark at the end of that statement. Will they keep selling Rotas? I have no doubt they will - they are plenty of people who care nothing about what they buy except "will it bolt on?". But for those people who have technical questions beyond that, this thread is a warning to them that their experience with Wheeldude will likely be a frustrating one.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:15 PM   #26
swarb

Quote:
So you expect support for a business on some random forum? So they should be on a eclipse forum and supra forums and mustang forums and charger forums and 350z forums and genesis forums and civic forums and...... you understand what I am trying to say?

And ordering a high ticket item without considering contacting them or checking actual stock is a bad idea. Who does that?

I would have called, emailed and seen for myself that there is no support and I would have taken my business elsewhere. Complaining about support on forums is something totally different.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #27
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
So you expect support for a business on some random forum? So they should be on a eclipse forum and supra forums and mustang forums and charger forums and 350z forums and genesis forums and civic forums and...... you understand what I am trying to say?

And ordering a high ticket item without considering contacting them or checking actual stock is a bad idea. Who does that?

I would have called, emailed and seen for myself that there is no support and I would have taken my business elsewhere. Complaining about support on forums is something totally different.

I don't understand what you're saying here...are you suggesting that everyone who has had a lousy experience with them is making it up? I made easily a dozen calls and emails to them regarding a potential purchase, only to get no email or phone replies, or unfulfilled promises to get back with the info requested. I guess he didn't need my $1200 badly enough. Hooray for him.

Personally, I don't care one way or another if Wheeldude stays in business or not - he doesn't have any of my money, and he's not going to get it either, based on my own experience. This thread is a warning for those people who are considering purchasing from him that Wheeldude's service quality is going to be a dice roll. If you bought from him and are happy, then congratulations. But don't be shocked if your experience is similar to the ones above. There's plenty of other vendors who monitor the forum here and understand the value of support to sales.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #28
swarb

Quote:
I'm suggesting YOUR original comment is invalid. So they don't comment here means they have bad support? LOL

Others experiences may be valid though.