follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #85
mkiisupra

Drives: 83 Toyota Supra, 16 FR-S RS2.0
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Enjoying five runs at Castle, two days in a row! Setup tomorrow afternoon for early start Saturday! About 2 hours from SF side of Bay Bridge. Enjoy the ride this weekend!

Eric G
mkiisupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #86
BlaineWasHere
Grip>Drift

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,749 Times in 918 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiisupra View Post
Enjoying five runs at Castle, two days in a row! Setup tomorrow afternoon for early start Saturday! About 2 hours from SF side of Bay Bridge. Enjoy the ride this weekend!

Eric G
Maybe at some point this summer... maybe... it's just a hike from the South Bay. Oakland is 30 min from me and Marina is 50.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #87
race2win

Drives: 2012 Miata
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
We will be in Marina for the Amercian Autocross Series event both days competing & testing suspension set-ups to get ready for our first National event in April. We plan to set-up an area in the paddock so that all the FR-S & BRZ drivers that come down can pit next to us. Even if you don't want to compete, come on down & hang out to see how a top level autocross is run, we would be happy to give ride-alongs as well! Hope to see some of you there!!
Edge Motorworks 2013 Subaru BRZ STX #30/130

Special thanks to Edge & Perrin Performance
https://www.facebook.com/EdgeMotorworks
race2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #88
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by race2win View Post
We will be in Marina for the Amercian Autocross Series event both days competing & testing suspension set-ups to get ready for our first National event in April. We plan to set-up an area in the paddock so that all the FR-S & BRZ drivers that come down can pit next to us. Even if you don't want to compete, come on down & hang out to see how a top level autocross is run, we would be happy to give ride-alongs as well! Hope to see some of you there!!
Damn! I would love a ride-along, but I'll be in Oakland Sunday... Marina is a bit of a drive. Please come to Oakland autox sometime so I can check out the car!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #89
MyRx

Drives: Flight 86 is now boarding.
Thanked 1,502 Times in 700 Posts
Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Sometimes, it's worth the drive to get the experience... tempting. Definitely thanks for the open offer and invite
MyRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #90
race2win

Drives: 2012 Miata
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlookedx View Post
Damn! I would love a ride-along, but I'll be in Oakland Sunday... Marina is a bit of a drive. Please come to Oakland autox sometime so I can check out the car!
Yes, for sure we will be at Oakland events this year as well, we are just choosing to be at Marina since the concrete surface is similar to the one we will encounter at the El Toro Pro Solo next month. Plus, AAS puts together fabulous events with great, fast courses, so we will most likely attend all of their events this year.
Edge Motorworks 2013 Subaru BRZ STX #30/130

Special thanks to Edge & Perrin Performance
https://www.facebook.com/EdgeMotorworks
race2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #91
BlaineWasHere
Grip>Drift

Quote:
Where are you going to set up your pit at? I'm gonna get there around 7:30AM. I really badly want to benchmark myself against your driver(s) and car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlookedx View Post
It's only an extra 10 miles for me from SJ. I make the trip down to Marina often for AutoX. I love the concrete!

Quote:
Yes, for sure we will be at Oakland events this year as well, we are just choosing to be at Marina since the concrete surface is similar to the one we will encounter at the El Toro Pro Solo next month. Plus, AAS puts together fabulous events with great, fast courses, so we will most likely attend all of their events this year.
Agreed. Bummer they are not hosting to many events this year...
Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 AM   #92
Lanbaldo3
Divine Wind - Dori

Drives: RWD
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
see you guys out here in marina hopefully! just gonna watch and talk before i go to work.

1990 FC3S T2swapped! "Savannah"
1992 240sx Type X "Nadia"
2013 Scion FRS "Raven"
Drift Specials.....
Lanbaldo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #93
mkiisupra

Drives: 83 Toyota Supra, 16 FR-S RS2.0
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Great weekend in Atwater! Fastest car (A Modified, about 1100lbs, 250hp) was at 55 seconds, which translates to a very long and satisfying course for the stock classes. The Bridgestones all-seasons are weak sauce at best, and work wonderfully for drifting... We had another FR-S from Stockton(?) come on down. Sorry I forgot name/user name. There will be several more autox's at Castle in Atwater, good times if you can make it!

Eric G
mkiisupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #94
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Had a fun time at Oakland Coliseum yesterday and saw a few folks there, got to chat a little with @JackSmiley ?(sorry, terrible with names). Also saw a silver frs and a black brz. I was in the first run group and had to work the 2nd, so didn't get to say hi, but did get to watch you guys (epic spin btw black brz, j/k)
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
JackSmiley (03-18-2013)
Old 03-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #95
BlaineWasHere
Grip>Drift

Here is my video from both days in Marina:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jogyev3NzQ0"]Blaine AutoX 3/16-3/17 Scion FR-S - YouTube[/ame]

Really solid FR-S/BRZ turn out as well.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #96
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Great weekend in Atwater! Fastest car (A Modified, about 1100lbs, 250hp) was at 55 seconds, which translates to a very long and satisfying course for the stock classes. The Bridgestones all-seasons are weak sauce at best, and work wonderfully for drifting... We had another FR-S from Stockton(?) come on down. Sorry I forgot name/user name. There will be several more autox's at Castle in Atwater, good times if you can make it!

Eric G
boonfrs maybe? he is a track guy from stockton

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #97
BlaineWasHere
Grip>Drift

Quote:

Eric G
Do you have any video? That seems like a nice long course. I'd like to see if it worth driving out for as I've never even seen the venue.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #98
crouchingpinoy

Drives: Firestorm 6MT
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:

Eric G
Sucks I missed this one Eric, I was in the bay area for a family gathering. Anyway, hope to catch the next one!

Tom @sdlynx didn't show up?

Rick