follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 03-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,181 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Obama Birth Certificate Maybe Forged, Sheriff Joe Arpaio Says

Not sure if this is a repost but here goes...

Quote:
Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Ariz., said Thursday that he and his investigators have evidence that President Obama's birth certificate is a forgery. He also raised questions about the authenticity of Obama's selective service registration, though critics quickly accused him of pandering for votes.

"We believe probable cause exists indicating that forgery and fraud may have been committed, not only in President Obama's long-form birth certificate, but more disturbing evidence suggests that another fraud may have been committed regarding his selected service registration card," Arpaio, 79, said at a press conference. "Based on all of the evidence presented and investigated I cannot in good faith report to you that these documents are authentic."

The findings come after a six month investigation by Arpaio's Cold Case Posse, a group of volunteers, many of whom have backgrounds in law enforcement.
"My investigators believe that the long-form birth certificate was manufactured electronically and that it did not originate in a paper format as claimed by the White House," Arpaio said.

Arpaio's investigators said the issue they are most concerned with is that the "date stamp and registrar's stamp appear to have been imported from unknown outside sources."

Arpaio said he decided to undertake the investigation last August after members of the Tea Party asked him to do so. However, some critics say the tough-talking Arizona sheriff is using it as a way to distract from his own legal problems as he seeks a sixth term in office.

"You say I need this to get elected? Are you kiddiing me? I've been elected five times. I don't need this," he was quoted by The Associated Press as saying in response.

Arpaio faces a federal grand jury investigation on criminal abuse-of-power allegations; the Justice Department has accused him of racial profiling Latinos. And there has been an accusation that hundreds of sex-crime cases were inadequately investigtated by his department.

Obama's birth certificate has been called into question many times during his political career and last April the White House released copies of it in an attempt to quiet conspiracy theorists after Dondald Trump questioned whether the president was born in the U.S. as the Constitution requires.

In response to Arpaio's press conference today, Ben LaBolt, press secretary for the Obama campaign, tweeted a link to watch the live feed of Arpaio's announcement. The link actually led to the theme song from "The X-Files," a TV show that played heavily on consipracy theories.

Coincidentally, Arpaio's press conference also came on the same day Obama's campaign unveiled its new Facebook timeline. At the very bottom of the page it reads "Born on August 4, 1961. Made in the USA." The post is accompanied by a photo of a coffee mug with Obama's birth certificate on it.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-birth-ce...-abc-news.html
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
old greg
Rocket Surgeon

Drives: PSM GGA OMG
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
If there was any proof of that at all, we'd be hearing it from the entire GOP and there would be impeachment proceedings already underway. Total BS.
old greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
This is going nowhere and the people still going after this witch hunt are lunatics.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Not again with this bullshit. I'm tired of all this fucking fake below-the-belt politics. If the GOP wants to beat Obama, they should make better policies than him and appeal to the American public. Same thing with the whole "Obama is a Muslim" crap. The fact that being a Muslim is a derogatory thing in our society is so insulting to me.
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Garage
I agree with Guff, there's plenty of things to criticize about him without attacking religion or going on wild goose hunts.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Homemade WRX
Pro Subie Engine Nerd

Drives: BRZ has a reserved space
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
IIRC there was a actually a trial in GA about it. Actually had some interesting points and raised a lot of questions.

...but I'm not touching the subject. Hopefully we don't have much longer with him.
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
feedbag
Seasoned Spirit

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Looks like it was fake after all. The real one:

edit: haha, go to https://www.facebook.com/barackobama and scroll down to 'Born'
feedbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
IBTL. Well, I hope this shit will be locked...

Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #9
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homemade WRX View Post
IIRC there was a actually a trial in GA about it. Actually had some interesting points and raised a lot of questions.

...but I'm not touching the subject. Hopefully we don't have much longer with him.
The trial in Georgia was a dispute between the legal definitions of Natural Born Citizen and Naturalized Citizen. I believe there has been an initial hearing but the matter isn't yet closed. IMO it's another waste of time and the wrong angle to be trying to get a change in the White House.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I don't care to hear about this overused argument again. I looked into it years ago and it was not something to take seriously.

I don't really care where he was born. Obama is from Illinois, more specifically the Chicago area. Why does it matter so much anyway?

Something like 1/3 of Republicans still believe he is from another country and/or that he is Muslim. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #11
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Not again with this bullshit. I'm tired of all this fucking fake below-the-belt politics. If the GOP wants to beat Obama, they should make better policies than him and appeal to the American public. Same thing with the whole "Obama is a Muslim" crap. The fact that being a Muslim is a derogatory thing in our society is so insulting to me.

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku
SVTSHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #13
LexusFman

Drives: None
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I ever understood why people get so riled up over politics. This isn't sports, at the end of the day, aren't the Democrats and Republicans on the same team? Isn't the overall goal to improve the country so it can be free and prosperous (in that order), not to see who's favorite sports team gets to win the office?
LexusFman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:26 AM   #14
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote