follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
tintumz22

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Toyota 86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
$500 Deposit

It means you are a priority of the vehicle of your preference in a list? Let us say you're next in the list but the car came in is not your preference, you still in that spot until the car you want comes in right? Just want to know for everybody else..
tintumz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
DantKR

Drives: Subaru BRZ LT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
With that if they get one in, say with the transmission you want, and you're the first on the list you'll get dibs if the color is on the list of wants you wanted. For me I put in a preference for 1) Ultramarine 2) Graphite 3) Whiteout in MT. I'll get a call when they know when any of the MTs are coming in and get dibs. If I don't, I'll stay at the top of the list and they'll call the next person.
DantKR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DantKR For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
tintumz22

It should be like that though right? That's why you put down that deposit to save that spot until you get the car preference you WANT.. Cuz some tellin me that they were brought down the list cuz they won't take that car that came in even though it is not what they wanted..
Old 06-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
DantKR

Drives: Subaru BRZ LT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
That's how my dealer was going to handle it. "We got this, want it?" "No" "Ok" Next "Want this one?" "Sure" "Ok"
DantKR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DantKR For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Your X amount deposit entitles you to Y benefits depending on the dealer.

Ask your specific dealer what their terms are.
tintumz22 (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
tintumz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantKR View Post
That's how my dealer was going to handle it. "We got this, want it?" "No" "Ok" Next "Want this one?" "Sure" "Ok"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
Your X amount deposit entitles you to Y benefits depending on the dealer.

Ask your specific dealer what their terms are.
Imma let my friend tell this things.. Thanks y'all and that's how should all dealer do.. What we want is what we get.. Or else!!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
tintumz22

How about if your car arrives but you ain't there for a week tO pick it up? Anything changes in dealer terms?
Old 06-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintumz22 View Post
How about if your car arrives but you ain't there for a week tO pick it up? Anything changes in dealer terms?
axe yo' dealer, mang

tintumz22 (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
tintumz22

Lol! A bat will be all gOod for 'em..
Old 06-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
clayrush

Drives: FRS,09 370z, 00 CelicaGT-S, 85 300Z
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
With my girls car we gave them a list of colors we would like and in order of preference. Only requirement was to have a Manual transmission. A moth later they told us that they were allotted 2 red manuals and tentatively assigned a vin to us befor the car was shiped from japan but after the build date. this was back in mid April and the car was built 4/4/12.
They asked if we wanted it otherwise they would not be able to guarantee what or when the next one they would be able to get in or in what color. They did however tell us we would still be at the top of the list with any of the color options re requested, however if one came in and it was not on our list of colors we would have no dibs to it what so ever.

If you request any specific options that are a must, they submit to the scion rep what the are looking for. they send back what is available to the dealer now or put that dealer on a waiting list for themselves.

Now that the car has officially launched they may just be given what ever is not spoken for that closely fits your request.

Also a side note. speaking to a few people it seems some people asked to be put on a waiting list well before us. But they were never truly added to one. however they did not put money down deposit. Wile we put 1k down. We were told that we were the first to put money down and that there was never a real list for others who expressed interest in the car and did not put money down. We may have also had some pull because the FRS was my 2nd car purchased from that dealer and my family's 5th car. We also have some friends that work there as well.

As far as not being around for a week.. once they know a specific car is coming to them, they will know the vin number and you can choose to do the paperwork for it. even if it is over a month or more away.
clayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clayrush For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
MVJ1975
Automatic Hooligan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I went down into the Scion showroom and placed a deposit a couple of weeks ago. I gave them my primary color choice (Firestorm) and two alternates (Argento and Ultramarine), and my transmission choice (Auto).

A few days later after they checked their order list the manager called me back and told me they were getting a Blue and a Black auto. At that point I indicated that I'd prefer the red and would wait for it.

When the cars came in yesterday (5 total) the manager gave me a call and asked me to come down to look at the Ultramarine just in case. I indicated that I'd take it after a little thought (called him back) and my salesman immediately marked the car sold and moved it into the back.

The dealer also did have an interest list of people that had come in and expressed interest without putting a deposit down. While these people got a call to come look at the cars, I had priority over them. I don't know how many other people put deposits down, though I do know that only one of the FR-S was left when I drove mine away (a 6MT Firestorm). IIRC, they got two Ravens (one AT, one MT), a Firestorm MT, a Hot Lava MT, and my Ultramarine AT.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
tintumz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayrush View Post
With my girls car we gave them a list of colors we would like and in order of preference. Only requirement was to have a Manual transmission. A moth later they told us that they were allotted 2 red manuals and tentatively assigned a vin to us befor the car was shiped from japan but after the build date. this was back in mid April and the car was built 4/4/12.
They asked if we wanted it otherwise they would not be able to guarantee what or when the next one they would be able to get in or in what color. They did however tell us we would still be at the top of the list with any of the color options re requested, however if one came in and it was not on our list of colors we would have no dibs to it what so ever.

If you request any specific options that are a must, they submit to the scion rep what the are looking for. they send back what is available to the dealer now or put that dealer on a waiting list for themselves.

Now that the car has officially launched they may just be given what ever is not spoken for that closely fits your request.

Also a side note. speaking to a few people it seems some people asked to be put on a waiting list well before us. But they were never truly added to one. however they did not put money down deposit. Wile we put 1k down. We were told that we were the first to put money down and that there was never a real list for others who expressed interest in the car and did not put money down. We may have also had some pull because the FRS was my 2nd car purchased from that dealer and my family's 5th car. We also have some friends that work there as well.

As far as not being around for a week.. once they know a specific car is coming to them, they will know the vin number and you can choose to do the paperwork for it. even if it is over a month or more away.

So for example, with my deposit down, it gives them a priority to save the car that came with my preference? (if it comes in) right?

Ei clayrush, I still saw the 2nd firestorm in the lot of the dealer.. I looked closely to it and man I feel bad for the owner of it.. I saw light swirl marks on it already.. Imma tell my rep not to wash my order.. imma do that my own..
Old 06-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #13
Linseal

Drives: Argento MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah I was the first one on the list, I "ordered" a firestorm MT, the first car they got was a Argento MT, and had first dibs and bought it :P
Linseal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linseal For This Useful Post:
tintumz22 (06-01-2012)
Old 06-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #14
tintumz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linseal View Post
Yeah I was the first one on the list, I "ordered" a firestorm MT, the first car they got was a Argento MT, and had first dibs and bought it :P
Really? Can't wait eh? Congrats man!