follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Subaru BRZ

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2011, 02:39 AM   #29
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by iff2mastamatt View Post
That white Cayman seems to be in all the FR-S vids.
They say they're benchmarking it...

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #30
iff2mastamatt
Feeling Iffy?

Drives: it like I stole it
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
They say they're benchmarking it...
Music to my ears!
iff2mastamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:49 AM   #31
Traum

Drives: Honda POS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Does the car look neutral to you, Aaron? Between the tire squealing and the lines that were taken, I thought it resembled some very mild understeer. For the most part, that is probably a good thing because understeer is far more predictable than oversteer, and is much easier to correct. A car with some very mild understeer is also easier to drive fast.

The really sad thing is, good body motion control and ride comfort don't really have to be mutually exclusive -- the suspension components just have to be well-engineered and well-matched -- think monotube shocks with valving that suits the chosen (and appropriately firm) spring rates. Of course, these components cost a pretty penny, and manufacturers tend to think that people who are really interested performance would turn to the aftermarket for solutions anyway. It is kind of true, but I'd much rather drive something that is well setup right out of the box than to rip out the brand new stock suspension...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronCompNetSys View Post
It looked very neutral to me, and the turn in is just like the S2K. But holy crap look at that roll resistance. Its got some massive swaybars or very stiff pre-loaded coilovers. I've never seen something that resistant to roll on a street car outside of a supercar.

I predict that if the production car has this handling package, it will get bad reviews for being to "twitchy" or something, meaning it takes more skill to drive (a la LFA). I'm very excited about it.

Not to hate on anyone, but I've learned that people who comment about "does it oversteer" or "does it understear" don't know about active weight balance of a street derived sports car. All cars oversteer and all cars understeer, its about how manageable it is with what type/size of tires it has.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:51 AM   #32
cc700
i ride fixed gear bikes

Drives: 2.5rs
i know the real measure is how it feels, but goodness that engine sounds like it's revving strong high in the range! can't wait to drive one.
cc700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:23 AM   #33
gt-jerome

Drives: Honda Civic FK2 (1.8L ivtec 2007)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronCompNetSys View Post

Not to hate on anyone, but I've learned that people who comment about "does it oversteer" or "does it understear" don't know about active weight balance of a street derived sports car. All cars oversteer and all cars understeer, its about how manageable it is with what type/size of tires it has.

exactly!!!!

My civic FF can oversteer without handbrake because i have bad tyres on rear wheels (even if it's not drift because of front wheel drive.... )

The FT, even with "only" 160 or 200 hp, can drift, it depend on the traction système (autobloc or not)
gt-jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:25 AM   #34
ft86cbx

Drives: FT86 (Soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iff2mastamatt View Post
Music to my ears!
As long as its not the price they benchmark

I got the impression he wanted to give it some beans at the end but the BMW was in the way.

Anyone any thoughts on how high it will rev based on this video? Didnt sound like it was hitting high RPM to me?
ft86cbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:32 AM   #35
Clode

Drives: Toyota / Lexus
from what you may hear from the video you hear a noise from the tires will stem type tank in the corners, as if there was a bit of understeer!
The strange thing is the constant hiss of tires.

at some point in the video you can feel the change and I think tipaca of an automatic .. but I may be wrong.

little consideration ... the tires are too narrow
Clode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #36
Kage

Drives: 2000 Celica Gts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kage
Yeah...as the car is now I'm ready to buy...they would have to eff something serious up for me to change my mind.
I care first and foremost about what my needs are in the car and not to get "Props" from people. I'm not ricing it out for attention, I'm not flushing it to join a culture, I'm not keeping it stock for resale. I'm making this car for me and me only. And if you're my friend and club members that know me they'll respect that and respect is much better than props.
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:03 AM   #37
Ashybone

Drives: 97 Camry & 91 3000GT VR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clode View Post
little consideration ... the tires are too narrow
Agreed 150%. One of th first things I noticed. Imagine this car with 8-9.5 inch wide tires . I also gotta agree with what was said about the suspension, the sway bars or the coilovers on that have got to be beast for it to stay that flat. My God I hope it comes like that. You wouldn't have to touch anything on the suspension just go straight for power an brakes.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:06 AM   #38
colinshark

Drives: Some RX-7s
Yeah, that's some understeer.
colinshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #39
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
aside from aesthetics why would you guys want a 9.5 wide wheel on a car that pushes only 200hp N/A and a whole lot less of torque? have you driven a 240sx with SR20DET with a 9inch wide wheel? Cant handle worth shit..and turns even worse if it was all 4 corners. Suddenly having a narrow tire of 7inches will offer no performance and traction..DERP

Old 06-14-2011, 06:40 AM   #40
Pants

Drives: VW Golf GTI Edition 30
Looks great, thanks Hachi for the posting, aw man this is just getting worse and worse and such a long time to wait. I`m already spending too long looking at every new item that comes up on Google, advanced searching was set to a week, now its daily..lol
Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #41
b501

Drives: Rsx
hell yea looks nimble
b501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #42
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente

Drives: U Mad?
Sounds like this motor is just the regular fb20 with d4-s. No avcs, no vvtli, no high rev. You could tell if it had the technologies the motor would sound more beastly in the mid-upper rpm. I hate this mentality of light car less hp, the Solstice had 174hp and it was 2900lb so if we add 6 hp and shed 200lbs we will be the beezneez around here thinking. FFS make a solid fast n/a car in stock form so I don't feel the need to want a turbo model.. at this point I wish the s2k was a 2+2.

170-180hp is what I saw there.

No turbo, no resonance of high rev/output engine. Same old Suby push with tires screeching from 2 years ago, they managed to stay on track only because they were going slower. What is the car selling good looks and lightweight? Well it looks heavy on the ring and backend is still fugly, that doesn't seem like a sportscar to me, commit to the whole package or don't do it at all.

Lets call it the Scion fR without the S.

2 year old video for comparison