follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-08-2018, 10:24 AM   #211
North_GA_FRS

Drives: 2013 Toyota FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
You guys won't return emails and you don't have phone # listed, so here goes

Ordered, received, and installed pulleys from Nonstop Tuning (NST). 2 pulleys failed after <8000 miles. Initial contact made 9/14/2016 regarding the failed pulleys, at which time I was asked to ship them back. Pulleys shipped to NST on 9/15/2016 and on 10/3/2016 NST contacted me to say the bearings were bad (yeah, I know), they had a bad batch and were working on a solution.
-Skip to 1/16/2017 when I next made contact regarding any updates...... no reply
-Skip to 2/3/2017 when I again made contact regarding an update; reply came on 2/7/2017 "We have been working on this issue and we believe to be getting closer
to a good solution. We expect to have a final update for everyone in
late Feb / early Mar." of 2017
-No updates provided.....
-Skip to 7/11/2017 Made contact again regarding an update; reply came on 8/16/2017 "We apologize for the delay on this matter. The entire process of redesign, testing, and then manufacturing on our idler/tensioner kit has been ongoing. This is a process that has taken longer than we would like, but it is a project that has been ongoing and has not been forgotten. We expect to move forward with manufacturing/production over the next couple months and all outstanding cases/orders are at the top of our priority list. We continue to ask for your patience and support and will update you ASAP."
-ASAP is apparently never because there weren't any updates between 8/16/2017 and now, despite making contact with them again on 3/9/2018.

In the meantime, Vivid Racing, and who knows how many other companies have NST idler/tensioner pulleys listed for sale. Have to wonder if these are the same problematic pulleys, or if the "quality issue" has been resolved and they just don't want to replace those which failed under warranty.

Maybe they're working to resolve the issue, maybe they're not. I have no idea because their communication is about as reliable as the set of pulleys I purchased.
North_GA_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #212
brzzy
@anthonysestito

Drives: 2013 Sterling Silver Metallic BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_GA_FRS View Post
You guys won't return emails and you don't have phone # listed, so here goes

Ordered, received, and installed pulleys from Nonstop Tuning (NST). 2 pulleys failed after <8000 miles. Initial contact made 9/14/2016 regarding the failed pulleys, at which time I was asked to ship them back. Pulleys shipped to NST on 9/15/2016 and on 10/3/2016 NST contacted me to say the bearings were bad (yeah, I know), they had a bad batch and were working on a solution.
-Skip to 1/16/2017 when I next made contact regarding any updates...... no reply
-Skip to 2/3/2017 when I again made contact regarding an update; reply came on 2/7/2017 "We have been working on this issue and we believe to be getting closer
to a good solution. We expect to have a final update for everyone in
late Feb / early Mar." of 2017
-No updates provided.....
-Skip to 7/11/2017 Made contact again regarding an update; reply came on 8/16/2017 "We apologize for the delay on this matter. The entire process of redesign, testing, and then manufacturing on our idler/tensioner kit has been ongoing. This is a process that has taken longer than we would like, but it is a project that has been ongoing and has not been forgotten. We expect to move forward with manufacturing/production over the next couple months and all outstanding cases/orders are at the top of our priority list. We continue to ask for your patience and support and will update you ASAP."
-ASAP is apparently never because there weren't any updates between 8/16/2017 and now, despite making contact with them again on 3/9/2018.

In the meantime, Vivid Racing, and who knows how many other companies have NST idler/tensioner pulleys listed for sale. Have to wonder if these are the same problematic pulleys, or if the "quality issue" has been resolved and they just don't want to replace those which failed under warranty.

Maybe they're working to resolve the issue, maybe they're not. I have no idea because their communication is about as reliable as the set of pulleys I purchased.

Mine exploded into pieces on the highway home one day. Needless to say given the experience I had with NST initially I didn’t even bother to pursue them with regards to this issue. But likely I had the bad batch of bearings as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IG: @ANTHONYSESTITO
brzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:16 PM   #213
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Every manufacturer may have some SNAFU, but in this case imho it's handled PR wise far from best possible ways :/
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #214
Super05

Drives: 6psi 2.5i 180whp looking for more
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What is the diameter of the stock crank pulley?
Super05 is offline   Reply With Quote