follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 07-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
Geese1

Drives: 2018 BRZ w/ PP - WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pictures not resizing in threads

I just recently had to delete and reinstall Chrome due to some issues I was having. Got everything back up and running, but now I notice that the pictures in threads are not resizing, and are showing up at full size.

I've tried going into the user control panel, but nothing I've changed seems to make any difference. Where as it used to be the forum would resize the post and I'd have to click on the image to see the picture at full size, now everything is just showing up as is.

And I don't know if this is related or not, but my avatar picture on the welcome announcement (at the top of the page) is broken. While I can still see it in threads I post, it just seems to not work on that welcome box.

All my extensions and such are the same as I had before, so I'm not sure what's causing the issues I'm having. Any help would be most appreciated!
Geese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geese1 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (07-26-2018), R_E_L (08-02-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
I posted about the same thing here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129167 but no response.

I'm having the exact same symptoms as you are, it's not you or your browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
Geese1 (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 07:14 AM   #3
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,935 Times in 11,375 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I've noticed it as well, in both IE and Edge. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and it's not specific photos because I'll go back to a thread later and it's fine where it wasn't before (same photo, same post). Don't really have any answers, but just confirming it exists.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Geese1 (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 08:52 AM   #4
Geese1

Drives: 2018 BRZ w/ PP - WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just to add some additional information:

When I came to the site a few minutes ago, I noticed that I had a Private Message. Clicked on the arrow and it said I had been thanked in a post. When I clicked on the post to view it though, Chrome gave me a warning that the site wasn't secure because it doesn't use https protocol. When I told it to go ahead to the site anyway, all of a sudden my picture avatar is back in the upper box, and when I checked, the pictures are now resized for the forum like they used to be. I do have a warning in the Chrome address bar saying that the site isn't secure, but things seem to be working properly again.

Don't know if this will continue, since Dadhawk mentioned the issue seems to come and go, but I can't help but think this has something to do with it.
Geese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:59 AM   #5
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
Just to add some additional information:

When I came to the site a few minutes ago, I noticed that I had a Private Message. Clicked on the arrow and it said I had been thanked in a post. When I clicked on the post to view it though, Chrome gave me a warning that the site wasn't secure because it doesn't use https protocol. When I told it to go ahead to the site anyway, all of a sudden my picture avatar is back in the upper box, and when I checked, the pictures are now resized for the forum like they used to be. I do have a warning in the Chrome address bar saying that the site isn't secure, but things seem to be working properly again.

Don't know if this will continue, since Dadhawk mentioned the issue seems to come and go, but I can't help but think this has something to do with it.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...=129162&page=2
Dadhawk (07-27-2018), Geese1 (07-27-2018)