follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #57
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm glad everyone is staying civil for the most part, but this is some serious thread derailing. This is no longer about OFT for FI applications but an ECUTek vs. OFT discussion. Last time we had something like this happen, vendors got banned. Perhaps we should get back on topic or create a separate thread.

Just a friendly reminder to all our vendors:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiroku View Post
*** WARNING TO ALL TUNERS ***

This subforum will not be allowed to devolve into tuning wars between tuners/vendors/sponsors.

DISCUSS ONLY YOUR OWN PRODUCT/SERVICE AND DO NOT COMMENT ON OTHER TUNERS OR THEIR PRODUCTS.

Failure to do so will lead to infractions and sponsorship termination.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Foobar; 12-06-2014 at 07:58 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foobar For This Useful Post:
bee_are_zee (12-06-2014), bfrank1972 (12-06-2014), hmong337 (12-06-2014), Shiv@Openflash (12-06-2014)
Old 12-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #58
Sleepless

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
I'm glad everyone is staying civil for the most part, but this is some serious thread derailing. This is no longer about OFT for FI applications but an ECUTek vs. OFT discussion. Last time we had something like this happen, vendors got banned. Perhaps we should get back on topic or create a separate thread.
Yes, can we please move the ECUTek vs OFT stuff out of this thread. It is useless. I don't understand why the moderators even allowed the other vendors to post here. This is about OFT and FI! The only thing this bantering has done is made me not want to do business with the other vendors...
Old 12-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #59
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post

Just a friendly reminder to all our vendors:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agreed, but then in all reality the general public should respect the same rules. When the general public throws out info that has no bearing on the topic and only down plays other systems the vendors of the respective systems usually need to come in to inform the public about the correct information. Problem always seems to be the fanboys of any system get over zealous and leads to where we are now.

If everyone respects the rules, even the general public then we can all have a fair discussion and help the customer get the answers they need and select their respective tuner and product they wish to use.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Old 12-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #60
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Agreed, but then in all reality the general public should respect the same rules. When the general public throws out info that has no bearing on the topic and only down plays other systems the vendors of the respective systems usually need to come in to inform the public about the correct information. Problem always seems to be the fanboys of any system get over zealous and leads to where we are now.

If everyone respects the rules, even the general public then we can all have a fair discussion and help the customer get the answers they need and select their respective tuner and product they wish to use.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Agree with you - suggest you vendors take that up with management though, as they're the ones who came up with the rules for moderation. That said, this is still a derailed thread, regardless of issue at hand.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #61
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning

What leads to where we are now is vendors being unable to keep things civil and resorting to snide ill-conceived comments. I personally don't mind since 20 years of forum posting has given me a thick skin. But it does turn a thread from being informative to just (at times) mildly entertaining. But I think we vendors have better ways to spend our weekends.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (12-06-2014)
Old 12-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #62
Shiv@Openflash

But going back on topic, our own shop car is now equipped with a turbo so expect some boost-specific updates coming at a regular basis
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiv@Openflash For This Useful Post:
Meetjoeblack (12-15-2014)
Old 12-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #63
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Agreed, but then in all reality the general public should respect the same rules. When the general public throws out info that has no bearing on the topic and only down plays other systems the vendors of the respective systems usually need to come in to inform the public about the correct information. Problem always seems to be the fanboys of any system get over zealous and leads to where we are now
Sounds good, but this isn't actually what had happened.
The higher cost of ecutek is well established and true. However, this somehow triggered what is now history.

To put it quite simply, it's great that you are taking the moral high ground, but there is simply no ground for you to stand on as it did not happen the way you had stated.

Note: Your use of that screencap was supposed to be the clincher, pity it back fired as the context was just as ill conceived as your most recent statement. Use your tuning skills to do the talking since your PR skills aren't exactly your strong points.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #64
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
But going back on topic, our own shop car is now equipped with a turbo so expect some boost-specific updates coming at a regular basis
Due to the recent additions of PD charger kits, any chance that you guys maybe looking into any of them?
Old 12-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #65
Shiv@Openflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
Due to the recent additions of PD charger kits, any chance that you guys maybe looking into any of them?
There is always a chance. Someone just needs to drop one off with us for map development. Of course, nothing beats having a kit on our shop car since that allows for ongoing long term development. Unfortunately its not feasible to constantly cycle through FI kits on our car. Fun, just not feasible
Old 12-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #66
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
Sounds good, but this isn't actually what had happened.
The higher cost of ecutek is well established and true. However, this somehow triggered what is now history.

To put it quite simply, it's great that you are taking the moral high ground, but there is simply no ground for you to stand on as it did not happen the way you had stated.

Note: Your use of that screencap was supposed to be the clincher, pity it back fired as the context was just as ill conceived as your most recent statement. Use your tuning skills to do the talking since your PR skills aren't exactly your strong points.
And you proved my point.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Old 12-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #67
Asphalt_FRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I am an OFT/OFH customer, currently inquiring about ordering the OFT300 package this winter for a spring install. It'll be my first FI car, but as an engineer, being able to see what's going on was a big factor.

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but was wondering if I could ask @Shiv@Openflash if on-the-fly adjustable maps is something we could hope to see for OFT anytime in the future?
Old 12-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #68
Shiv@Openflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt_FRS View Post
I am an OFT/OFH customer, currently inquiring about ordering the OFT300 package this winter for a spring install. It'll be my first FI car, but as an engineer, being able to see what's going on was a big factor.

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but was wondering if I could ask @Shiv@Openflash if on-the-fly adjustable maps is something we could hope to see for OFT anytime in the future?
On the fly map switching isn't something that we will actively develop in the foreseeable future. But I know the open source developers have other interesting stuff on the table. Things take time unfortunately.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #69
ztan

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Open tuning.

Back to open tuning.

Fuelling and timing are relatively easy to sort out; what those of us without unlimited dyno time don't have resources to sort out are optimal AVCS settings for the FI system.

Shiv, or anyone else who is willing to contribute constructively:
Are you seeing any differences between optimal AVCS settings for superchargers and turbochargers? I'd expect AVCS settings for superchargers to behave a lot like NA mainly due to exhaust system flow; I'd expect optimal AVCS for turbochargers to be different due to altered backpressure from the turbo and the pressure needs to spool.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #70
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,046 Times in 8,323 Posts
Mentioned: 676 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
I'm locking this thread. I'm not pointing finger/s at anyone, but it's better/safe to start over.

As for members, please be respectful to vendors & vice versa. Vendors do try to follow the strict rules, that doesn't mean you can be rude.

ichi

Last edited by ichitaka05; 12-15-2014 at 02:51 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ichitaka05 For This Useful Post:
Teseo (07-01-2023)

Closed Thread