follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #15
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTSHC View Post
I'm in pretty good shape, I have photographical evidence if proof is needed

5'10"
164lbs
5.7% BF is my usual Spring/Summer/beginning of fall percentage (taken with BF calipers so that measurement is probably a good deal off), it's fatkid season though so I'm around 9% (haven't taken a recent measurement) and 172lbs.

At my job I've made more than a few rough draft meal plans for coworkers interested in dropping a few. Buuuuut if anyone needs any advice/consulation and doesn't feel like searching a bodybuilding forum for hours I'm always available via PM. I'll teach ya all about simple/complex carbs, what foods to stay away from or gravitate toward depending on your goals (example: when trying to lean out you'll want to stick to foods that have a low glycemic index which are typically your complex carbs. So to achieve the opposite you'll want to go with simple carbs or foods that are higher on the glycemic index.), vegetables (hint: The darker the green the better ), etc etc...

Just your neighborhood healthnut but I'm here to help (O_^)b
You should post a food guide in here. I'd love to read it. That's my weakness since I don't cook at all.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #16
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Damnit weighed myself the other day, seems like it's only been half of freshman year and I've already gained the freshman 15...
167lb 6'0" up from 152lb 6'0". I'm pretty sure 0lb of that was muscle :P Only going to increase more in the next few days...

When I was home last year, I'd eat rice, a lot of vegetables, little bit of meat, and that was basically it, stayed real thin. Cafeteria food is pretty hard to control since the veggies taste like shit, half the stuff is fried, etc.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #17
NESW20
2.1L 3SGTE

Drives: MR2 Turbo & Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i'm a bit more than i should be right now... by about 25-30lbs. the next few months aren't going to be kind to me, either. traveling for work won't be good for my weight, ha. anyway, i have the indoor bicycle trainer set up now, so that should help. and when i am at home, i'll be eating out less and packing my own (healthy) lunches. if i could get to about 175 or so, a little more toned than i am now, i'll be happy.

that said, i routinely put in faster laps at the kart tracks than people who are a lot lighter than me.
2008 Civic Si Sedan
NESW20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:17 AM   #18
dalli

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTSHC View Post
I'm in pretty good shape, I have photographical evidence if proof is needed

5'10"
164lbs
5.7% BF is my usual Spring/Summer/beginning of fall percentage (taken with BF calipers so that measurement is probably a good deal off), it's fatkid season though so I'm around 9% (haven't taken a recent measurement) and 172lbs.

At my job I've made more than a few rough draft meal plans for coworkers interested in dropping a few. Buuuuut if anyone needs any advice/consulation and doesn't feel like searching a bodybuilding forum for hours I'm always available via PM. I'll teach ya all about simple/complex carbs, what foods to stay away from or gravitate toward depending on your goals (example: when trying to lean out you'll want to stick to foods that have a low glycemic index which are typically your complex carbs. So to achieve the opposite you'll want to go with simple carbs or foods that are higher on the glycemic index.), vegetables (hint: The darker the green the better ), etc etc...

Just your neighborhood healthnut but I'm here to help (O_^)b
Bronx

If you are even 9% @ 172 lbs, you should be a very big guy then.

Can I be the judge of your 5.7% bodyfat(if ur 9% right now, thats fine too)?

btw, are you aware?

edit: my diet

Chicken breast
vegetables
Brown rice/brown pasta ( both work good for me)
eggs
oatmeal
ON whey to fit protein macro
Almonds/nuts

Fit this in my macros which is usually for me: 180g protein,70~85g of fat, 150~200g carbs

I lift heavy and I box. This is enough for my body to lose fat.
I am also 5'10
215lbs
BF: 22%
Old 12-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #19
Neutral_Eyes
Softparker

Drives: 2002 Mazda Miata
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
With the interest of weight reduction in mind, muscle weighs more than fat, which is why I have chosen to remain a skinnyfatass. It's difficult to toe the line between improper eating habits and a halfhearted workout regimen, but I do my best!
Neutral_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2kphile View Post
Weight: 140lbs(63.5kgs)
Height: 5'6"(168cm)

Shoulder Width:46.5in
Chest:38in
Waist:30in

This is my starting point for 2012. Gonna work harder to lean out. Slimmer waist and broader shoulders. Goal is 126-128lbs.
Wow so you really want to lose more weight?
Based on the numbers you gave, I have the same height and build as you except for an extra 5 pounds. Just this past year I've decided I should actually put on more weight and I did that correctly. This upcoming year I want to be lean and mean at 160. So I can still stay at a competitive level with more strength but still be fast when I'm playing football, basketball, or soccer for my teams.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter

Last edited by M-17; 12-30-2011 at 04:15 PM.
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #21
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I think I'm 5'8" and 160 lbs. I'll be working out since I have to get in shape before basic training, so I won't die on the 20 mile jogs
Old 12-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #22
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral_Eyes View Post
With the interest of weight reduction in mind, muscle weighs more than fat, which is why I have chosen to remain a skinnyfatass. It's difficult to toe the line between improper eating habits and a halfhearted workout regimen, but I do my best!
Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound of fat is equal to a pound of muscle. Muscle however is more dense than fat.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #23
Ryuu0u
(=^・ェ・^=)

Drives: 2013 FRS, '08 GSXR 600
Weight: ~145lbs
Height: 5'7"

At the beginning of last summer i started at about 165lbs-170lbs and to this day im sitting at 145. I decided i needed to make some changes in my life so i started a mild diet and a lot of cardio to get back in the the shape i used to be when i taught martial arts. I used to be able to bench about 180 and was all stubby and bulky along with having a belly. Now though i almost got me a 6 pack going and i have gotten stronger which is an awesome feeling! Also went from a 32 bordering 34 pants size to now a good 30 loose fit.

Edit: Anyone know good ab exercises? I do a lot of crunches and ab routines but only the top row is peaking through at the moment. I really don't want too but i think i might have to start eating like a rabbit. Any tips?

Last edited by Ryuu0u; 12-30-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Ryuu0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #24
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu0u View Post

At the beginning of last summer i started at about 165lbs-170lbs and to this day im sitting at 145. I decided i needed to make some changes in my life so i started a mild diet and a lot of cardio to get back in the the shape i used to be when i taught martial arts. I used to be able to bench about 180 and was all stubby and bulky along with having a belly. Now though i almost got me a 6 pack going and i have gotten stronger which is an awesome feeling! Also went from a 32 bordering 34 pants size to now a good 30 loose fit.

Edit: Anyone know good ab exercises? I do a lot of crunches and ab routines but only the top row is peaking through at the moment. I really don't want too but i think i might have to start eating like a rabbit. Any tips?
Flutter kicks on an elevated area (bench)
Obliques with weights basically weight on one arm and go up and down.
Sprints.
High jump rope Jumps (jump and your knees go up to your chest)
Planks
Leg ups (?) (your dangling from a pull up bar and you lift your legs up. If you're flexible enough you'd be able to bring your legs all the way up to the bar)
Mountains (you have 1 leg flat on the ground with the other leg extended all the way up. You grab your extended leg and "climb" like you would with a rope. Then you would "climb" down slowly)

Or a fitness ball with weights.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #25
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
^ yeah that sounds about right

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #26
Ryuu0u
(=^・ェ・^=)

Drives: 2013 FRS, '08 GSXR 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
Flutter kicks on an elevated area (bench)
Obliques with weights basically weight on one arm and go up and down.
Sprints.
High jump rope Jumps (jump and your knees go up to your chest)
Planks
Leg ups (?) (your dangling from a pull up bar and you lift your legs up. If you're flexible enough you'd be able to bring your legs all the way up to the bar)
Mountains (you have 1 leg flat on the ground with the other leg extended all the way up. You grab your extended leg and "climb" like you would with a rope. Then you would "climb" down slowly)

Or a fitness ball with weights.
Hmm sounds good, ty! Been doing a couple of those but just in a different way but the rest would be a nice addition to my regime.
Ryuu0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #27
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Leg pullups
Planks & side planks
Renegade Rows
Windshield wipers
Ab roller yeah i said ab roller.

HIIT sprints. Need to get rid of that belly fat to show them ABS.
S2kphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #28
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu0u View Post

Windshield wipers, reverse crunches, V-up crunches, weighted decline crunches, flat and hanging leg raises, crunches using an exercise ball, planks, side planks, bicycles. Those are all ab exercises that you can randomize and do throughout the week, personally I like to run a circle train and go through about 5 exercises in 3 circuits (so three sets of five different ab exercises make one routine).

But here's the bad news, you can't spot reduce. You'll do the ab exercises and you'll tone up your abs under the bottom pouch that most people on the cusp of having a full six pack suffer from but to get your lower abs to actually show you've gotta drop more bodyfat and it comes off everywhere. I don't recommend doing TOO much cardio but a good way to go about it is to run a H.I.I.T (High intensity interval training) routine at MOST twice a week. I can guarentee you wouldn't have to eat like a bird though, just clean up what you eat and prioritize when you eat it.

Example: This is what a typical day of food looks like

Breakfast: 6 eggs (5 whites and 1 with the yolk), a wheat bagel flat, instant oatmeal with a little kashi crunch in it.

First Meal: 1 serving brown rice and 6.5oz of chicken

Second Meal: Mashed medium sized sweet potatoe, 6oz chicken, veggies

Workout

Post workout: 1 scoop Isopure (half a serving) with 8 oz milk, plain bagel flat (getting a simple carb in after a workout is almost a necessity)

Before Bed Meal: 4 eggs (2 yolks, 2 whites) with two slices of cheese and an 8oz glass of milk

Explanation: Oats, brown rice, and Sweet potatoes are complex carb's (wheat products). They break down slowly and give you long term energy, if you're trying to cut weight then complex carbs should be your only source of carb intake other than immediately after a workout for the following reason: Carbs if unused turn to glucose in the body which turns into fat. Infrequent meals (letting yourself get hungry) teaches the body to operate under "starvation mode" which instructs the body to store fat for energy on an empty stomach.

Simple carbs (white foods) like plain bagels, plain rolls, white bread, white rice, regular potatoes etc.. are easily broken down in the body which means the process of turning into glucose -> and then fat happens much quicker. Unless you're constantly active most people with not so stellar metabolisms can't get away with taking in simple carbs often without weight gain.

Protein:
Turkey, lean ground turkey, Chicken, eggs and Fish are great sources of easily absorbed protein.
Red Meats like beef, buffalo and a few others are great when the word "Lean" is infront of it. Lean ground beef for example. But be aware that the body has a much harder time digesting red meat so lean red meats are best consumed before bed.
Pork, no matter which way you slice it pork isn't good. It's the hardest meat to digest, takes the longest, and doesn't come in a "lean" form (lot's o' fat on pork).
CASEIN PROTEIN: This is where a lot of people skip out; your natural casein protein comes from things like Eggs, Milk (dairy in general), and you can use lean red meat the way you would any other casein. Casein proteins are best taken in for breakfast or before bed, they slow absorbing proteins that during sleep will keep give your body something other than your muscles to feed on (which limits the body's time in starvation mode while you sleep). You'll notice when you eat before going to sleep you typically wake up hungry. Stick with Casein proteins prior to bed, you don't want to sleep on carbs if your trying to cut weight. Casein protein also comes in powdered form (I like eating though, so I just eat my casein instead of drinking it)
RAPID ABSORBTION PROTEINS: These are your synthetic proteins (post-workout protein powders, bars, etc), these are great for taking right after finishing a workout. They're absorbed quickly by the body and help repair muscle (proven to reduce delayed onset muscle soreness, otherwise known as the "DOMS"). If you aren't big on powders chicken works as well.

Put your meals in the right places, train hard, and keep it clean; you'll have your six pack in no time.
SVTSHC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diet, skinny, weight, weightloss, workout