follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 03-13-2014, 01:41 AM   #2059
HRTROB

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinnangel View Post
Hi, everyone!

First 6 months after the first 1,000 Km of my 86 is here!

Just wanted to ask where is the most affordable (without sacrificing quality) place to get our cars service? Are there any things that I should particularly look at? Also I remember reading through this thread about motor oil, can anyone give me suggestions? (I don't track with the 86, just city driving and the occasional long drive over the weekend, its a manual by the way)

It isnt my first car but I dont want to take any chances with her. Hahaha Hoping for your inputs!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
You should have it serviced at the dealership if you want to keep your warranty
HRTROB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HRTROB For This Useful Post:
Martinnangel (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 02:28 AM   #2060
Martinnangel

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTROB View Post
You should have it serviced at the dealership if you want to keep your warranty
What oil is recommended? I saw it here on the thread. But I think its way back.

Martinnangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:41 AM   #2061
HRTROB

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinnangel View Post
What oil is recommended? I saw it here on the thread. But I think its way back.

The dealership uses oil specific to the 86. Toyota 5W30 mineral oil.
HRTROB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HRTROB For This Useful Post:
Martinnangel (03-13-2014)
Old 03-14-2014, 11:36 PM   #2062
rebsinfx

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
been a lurker here too and now lang ako nagregister =) . I am interested in joining your fun runs / meetups
rebsinfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #2063
Night_Fury

Drives: black 86
Hi y'all !
In a week or two i will upgrade my exhaust system, the thing is i want to make sure everything is good before doing so. I want to ask your experienced with your car, is there a water drop in your exhaust muffler during start up after it's been heated up? I have a Vios and my vios get some water drop in the muffler every time i start and heated up, i was told that it is good to have that, but my 86 don't get that water drop. When i brought it to dealer for 1st 1k service i bring it up to my service Advisor and he told me the water drop will probably come out after the change oil, but after a week still nothing.
Night_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:54 AM   #2064
Bl1tzkr1eg

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebsinfx View Post
been a lurker here too and now lang ako nagregister =) . I am interested in joining your fun runs / meetups
Please send me your fb details. Will add you to the fb group.
Bl1tzkr1eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:55 AM   #2065
Bl1tzkr1eg

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Fury View Post
Hi y'all !
In a week or two i will upgrade my exhaust system, the thing is i want to make sure everything is good before doing so. I want to ask your experienced with your car, is there a water drop in your exhaust muffler during start up after it's been heated up? I have a Vios and my vios get some water drop in the muffler every time i start and heated up, i was told that it is good to have that, but my 86 don't get that water drop. When i brought it to dealer for 1st 1k service i bring it up to my service Advisor and he told me the water drop will probably come out after the change oil, but after a week still nothing.
Mine has water drops in my exhaust during start-up.
Bl1tzkr1eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #2066
Night_Fury

Drives: black 86
@Bl1tzkr1eg Thanks! that is good
Night_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #2067
86ers

Drives: GT 86 C7P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Fury View Post
Hi y'all !
I notice mine too have a water in exhaust tail, i think its normal during start up.

86ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #2068
Maverick14

Drives: Toyota 86 & Fortuner
TRD - manual (inputs needed)

Hi Guys,

I plan to get a Toyota 86 this month unfortunately the only unit available is the one that comes with a TRD kit.

I love driving cars which are manual and prefer white to be the color my next car. There is one available right now but have hesitations in getting it.

First is the ground clearance, I was informed by the dealer that there is a 1 inch drop having TRD kit, wanted to consult and ask your inputs:

- will i be able to use this on malls without hitting the front bumper such as Trinoma, Greenbelt 3 & Edsa Shang-Rila (gave examples of steep parking lots)

Second, price is too steep, is it worth it? The manager saw how enthusiastic i was when i checked out the unit, he allowed me to use bank financing and gave a discount on the TRD kit, comes down to 100 from 122k

Would appreciate your inputs and reply on this, I've been planning to get a Toyota 86 for 1.5yrs now, now they have the unit which is TRD, cant wait to have one.

lastly, if i don't get this, they told me to wait for 3 months as there are no units available right now (base model, manual, white color).

thanks.
Maverick14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #2069
Martinnangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick14 View Post
Hi Guys,

I plan to get a Toyota 86 this month unfortunately the only unit available is the one that comes with a TRD kit.

I love driving cars which are manual and prefer white to be the color my next car. There is one available right now but have hesitations in getting it.

First is the ground clearance, I was informed by the dealer that there is a 1 inch drop having TRD kit, wanted to consult and ask your inputs:

- will i be able to use this on malls without hitting the front bumper such as Trinoma, Greenbelt 3 & Edsa Shang-Rila (gave examples of steep parking lots)

Second, price is too steep, is it worth it? The manager saw how enthusiastic i was when i checked out the unit, he allowed me to use bank financing and gave a discount on the TRD kit, comes down to 100 from 122k

Would appreciate your inputs and reply on this, I've been planning to get a Toyota 86 for 1.5yrs now, now they have the unit which is TRD, cant wait to have one.

lastly, if i don't get this, they told me to wait for 3 months as there are no units available right now (base model, manual, white color).

thanks.
From my experience, I have an 86 stock (no TRD kits nor drop). Then I had a rubber front lip installed and the greenbelt steel carpark won - if you catch my drift. If it comes to financing, really not a big fan of it as some may add up to 28% increase rather than paying it out right (when I was looking for mine a certain dealership had this with their financing).

Try looking at other dealerships first. a friend of mine got a white manual from BGC toyota in a week. Maybe dumb luck or maybe he talked to right people. Also, do you really need the TRD kits? It is a matter of preference but think first. Either way keep a look out for other dealerships.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #2070
Martinnangel

Apologies for my sentence construction. Half asleep! Hahaha. Cheers!

Old 03-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #2071
driveer

Drives: gt86
That is good to know you guys have a water drop in your exhaust during start up, that means the combustion is complete according to my SA in Toyota. Unfortunately mine has no water drop and my SA told me my 86 might have lock of air intake :-( i have it check right now in Toyota. Has anyone have same problem ? any thoughts about this ?
driveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:19 AM   #2072
86Boxer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Smile

Good day sirs! Been lurking around here for some time now.

I booked my order for a WP AT around the last week of February so I guess I still have a long wait (hopefully within April or 1st week of May). It's been a little over a year in the making for this dream so wish me luck

I went via the financing route with BDO and the local Toyota dealership here yet it still came out as an indent order. I was hoping to get the unit faster via financing but they told me it's the same thing nowadays.

Learning a lot from this awesome forum

Last edited by 86Boxer; 04-03-2014 at 08:49 AM.
86Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote